Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    getting 10 seconds enveloping mists on the tank instead of 6 second. by using a free of charge gcd isnt super bad imo, but also not the best
    Would it be worth using RSK to just increase the duration of EM considering it has a mana cost which works out more per tick I believe than just casting EM again?

It would be nice if you were fistweaving with rising thunder but I am currently using mana tea.

Whats the most effective way to use EM?
    Im having trouble with my mana especially in longer fights.

Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    getting 10 seconds enveloping mists on the tank instead of 6 second. by using a free of charge gcd isnt super bad imo, but also not the best
    You get 2 seconds for each RSK and it's only 2 seconds, since you won't be able to cast an additional RSK before EM expires. That makes it a +2sec EM for each RSK, and RSK isn't off the GCD and it actually costs 24.750 mana, so 1GCD at 24.750 for 2 additional EM secs. RM also gets the benefit, that's true. Maybe nice synergy with Rising Thunder talent and legendary pants, but the boots are definately underwhelming. They got pretty nerfed, since they were at +8 seconds before Legion release, which was quite stupid since you could go for haste and spam RSK for perma EM on tank
    Last edited by Aure; 2016-09-27 at 02:40 PM.

I will have to check again when i come home. Was "sure" i've seen it getting +2s twice on a single RSK.
    Edit:
    I just got home and checked, and you are absolutely right. Did see buff disappear from boss and everything.. dont know how I fooled myself into believing it kept the effect for the following melee swings.

edit2:
    Guess it really only is good for fistweaving then, (that's gonna cast RSK anyway)
    Last edited by imoom; 2016-09-27 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Checked

I'm maining a monk this xpac and just got these boots last week. I haven't really ever fistweaved before, is it worth it now to pick up Rising Thunder in last tier and throwing out RSK as I can? I'm always keeping REM up on tanks when raiding. This way I can throw out loads of free vivs and blanket more REM with the reset of TFT? I'm testing out out now but it just feels so clunky and I can't really tell if it's increasing HPS at all. (fyi this is me: eu(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Afkuheal/simple)

In last night's raid I was so far from melee that it was useless anyway.

all of the mythic raid logs for MWs show a high use of FT/RT with vivify over mana tea and EF/RJW spam. what's the reason for this? can anyone offer insight. it's rather confusing to me personally because EF was so strong in heroic, it only makes sense it's stronger in Mythic
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-09-28 at 11:07 AM.

Our logs are private so I can't show specifics but I wanted to ask a mana question. I am parsing well, but not awesome on our heroic clears. We did 7/7 first two weeks and are working on mythic now. I raid with a druid, pally and 2 resto shaman for heroic and one of the resto shaman sit for mythic. Druid gets the innervates. Pally seems to have unending mana (also has the best legendary for holy pally). My mana situation by the end of fights is pretty critical. I spec mana tea, lifecycles and chi ji. I used EF more liberally this last clear and had better numbers. I need help with mana though. I am very careful with my casts. I try to keep EnM on tanks. I use TFT exclusively for vivify or ReM depending on situation. I use mana tea on cooldown when there is raid dmg to be healed. I am about 856 ilvl with about 19% crit, 20% haste and about 205% mastery. No legendary.

Any thoughts on conserving mana? Are there people out there that have no problem with mana? What are you running. I was going to consider running FT next clear and use for vivify mainly to see if thats better than mana tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Our logs are private so I can't show specifics but I wanted to ask a mana question. I am parsing well, but not awesome on our heroic clears. We did 7/7 first two weeks and are working on mythic now. I raid with a druid, pally and 2 resto shaman for heroic and one of the resto shaman sit for mythic. Druid gets the innervates. Pally seems to have unending mana (also has the best legendary for holy pally). My mana situation by the end of fights is pretty critical. I spec mana tea, lifecycles and chi ji. I used EF more liberally this last clear and had better numbers. I need help with mana though. I am very careful with my casts. I try to keep EnM on tanks. I use TFT exclusively for vivify or ReM depending on situation. I use mana tea on cooldown when there is raid dmg to be healed. I am about 856 ilvl with about 19% crit, 20% haste and about 205% mastery. No legendary.

Any thoughts on conserving mana? Are there people out there that have no problem with mana? What are you running. I was going to consider running FT next clear and use for vivify mainly to see if thats better than mana tea.
    The most viable talent sets I see are Lifecycles + Chi-Ji + Mana Tea or SoTC + RJW + Mana Tea.

If you use Lifecycles + Chi-Ji the "rotation" feel of it is a little deceiving. Casting the two back to back is still pretty mana intensive, so you'll only want to benefit from its buff occasionally. Maintain ReM, using TFT on ReM or Vivify, Vivify, then enveloping if the tanks need the help. Essence Font when everyone is taking heavy damage and they're in range, preferably with Mana Tea but you can vivify spam too.

The SoTC + RJW situation is when you're basically using blackout kick at 3 stacks to gain mana, press RJW on cooldown, then Essence Font for the buff. Little harder to do right because you're not supposed to use vivify or enveloping to maintain the mana you need for essence font. If RJW isn't hitting its 6 targets, it's unfortunate but still doable if Essence Font hits enough people. My DPS ignore the concept of stacking to parse as high as they can, so I haven't been able to do this yet.

A lot of the talents are viable and work well for what they do but can lock you into a playstyle that is unforgiving if you try to deviate from it. Focused Thunder is efficient with ReM, but only really mana friendly with the free Vivify. Mana Tea will get you more healing for what it's worth unless you're killing stuff super fast on farm, which you should probably be fistweaving at that point. But you can still mix up stuff too, RJW is a viable talent on its own and not incredibly mana intensive if it hits a lot of people. I was surprised how well Mist Wrap worked for me on heroic ursoc because it was just me, a holy priest, and an off-spec druid and we needed the tank healing.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2016-09-28 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    When looking throught my raid logs, hot from Essence Font have done rougly 60% of the font healing making font hot doing 20% of my healing. This makes haste jump in front of mastery in the scalings for raids for me.

Noticed something else aswell the amount of intel we are running arround with kinda makes it less valueble. At 33k intel with flask secondary stats are very encroaching to equal or stronger. Take food buffs for example. Find the 375 crit food stronger then the 200 primary feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    all of the mythic raid logs for MWs show a high use of FT/RT with vivify over mana tea and EF/RJW spam. what's the reason for this? can anyone offer insight. it's rather confusing to me personally because EF was so strong in heroic, it only makes sense it's stronger in Mythic
    From what I'm seeing when checking out logs, Essence Font was awesome with very large raids, but a bit weaker at 20 people.

Maybe that's why.

I'm trying hard to find why some people do more healing than I do then I see their raid has 30 people and mine 23... it seems to be the explanation but I'm still checking it out.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Anyone else have trouble with healing elixirs not triggering at 35? Or am I just underestimating the threshold?

Deleted
    On Nythendra and Ursoc Essence Font spam seems to be the key for max HPM, since you can stack a lot and raid damage is more constant (My experiences is 4 bosses on hc only, havn't tried mythic). But i find it a bit more difficult how to heal on the rest of the bosses. Damage is more spikey, but my heals aren't fast enough to heal up faster than other healers, so i end up spending a lot of mana on overhealing it feels like. Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Quick look on the top10 of mythic bosses down and public logged we see 5 FT and 3 RT and 15 MT.

Also in heroic 30man it's easy to get max value out of EF when with 10 less people it may be more difficult to get that, but still EF does wonder in 20man.

If anyone's not checking the Discord pins or hasn't been checking the spreadsheet regularly, I already started a trinket ranking page.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=660356734
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    If anyone's not checking the Discord pins or hasn't been checking the spreadsheet regularly, I already started a trinket ranking page.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=660356734
    Thats awesome, so... essentially.. (mythic versions)

1. Vial
    2. Heightened Senses
    3 (tie). Promises = Horn
    5. Alchemist stone

Deleted
    So a titanforged intel / crit or verse trinket would beat equal ilvl raid trinkets?

Having trouble deciding which talent to pick, LIFECYCLES or MISTWRAP.
    I've been using LIFECYCLES always, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcoj613 View Post
    Having trouble deciding which talent to pick, LIFECYCLES or MISTWRAP.
    I've been using LIFECYCLES always, any advice?
    Lifecycles for raids, Mistwrap for dungeons.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    I dont use life cycles for raids as vivify isnt the spell i use the most in raids, that would be essence font for me. Im using mist wrap. The few times I cast enveloping mists i want it to be at its strongest. Also kinda liking to move while soothing misting and got the Unison shoulders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    I dont use life cycles for raids as vivify isnt the spell i use the most in raids, that would be essence font for me. Im using mist wrap. The few times I cast enveloping mists i want it to be at its strongest. Also kinda liking to move while soothing misting and got the Unison shoulders.
    On some fights it is probably more worth to pick SotC, i ended up gaining around 30% mana back on an Ursoc hc kill, just by hitting BoK a few times in down periods.