Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    I don't want by any means to defend a moron like the one you quoted, but the 75th percentile is just bad, in terms of raw hps.
    Well it's closer to what raw hps is needed in "normal condition". By "normal" i mean "around 1 healer for 5 people", "no crappy healer in the comp", and "raid does not top charts for avoidable damage". Any time i do a "good rank", at least 2 of the above points are wrong.

I mean, if you have all 4 healers at 99% ranking, this means roughly that your raid takes more damage than 99% of all raids... It's pointless.

Then there is the option to drop one healer for more NEEDED dps in cutting edge progression, ok. But that's a story that should not concern most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    Well it's closer to what raw hps is needed in "normal condition". By "normal" i mean "around 1 healer for 5 people", "no crappy healer in the comp", and "raid does not top charts for avoidable damage". Any time i do a "good rank", at least 2 of the above points are wrong.

I mean, if you have all 4 healers at 99% ranking, this means roughly that your raid takes more damage than 99% of all raids... It's pointless.

Then there is the option to drop one healer for more NEEDED dps in cutting edge progression, ok. But that's a story that should not concern most players.

So what players should concern about is when Monks are snipe healing the other healers even when they could go for much higher HPS? Because that is what 75% Percentile for healers is. It´s bullshit comparing healers at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleriaX View Post
    So what players should concern about is when Monks are snipe healing the other healers even when they could go for much higher HPS? Because that is what 75% Percentile for healers is. It´s bullshit comparing healers at that level.
    Well yeah it doesn't matter how powerful your car is if the speedlimit is low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    I don't want by any means to defend a moron like the one you quoted, but the 75th percentile is just bad, in terms of raw hps.

Anyway, we shouldn't use healers rankings to know which spec is the better, as there are countless of idiots that has their guild cater to them to give them their big parses. As well as many other scenarios (group comp, healer dying mid fight, etc.) that makes the logs have.. "untrusty" results?
    Nobody scumbag healing parses so early in progression.

Usually this happens when everything is on farm.

Not saying nobody does it, but it can only be a minority.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

fwiw people linked heroic percentiles which are 100% useless lol

as for MW in mythic I think we're fine. ofc we aren't the level of pala shaman Druid but we're still able to do the content. the spec just needs slight tweaks to efficiency and for 7.2 blizzard need to develop set bonuses around revival, we'll have an 80 second revival so the best call is to double down on that and design set bonuses for revival - to buff it further. efficiency wise I'd like to see spirit of the crane changed to a flat mana reduction of EF (10% or so), lifecycles should be buffed to 20% and mist wrap should reduce enveloping mist by 15% imo.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-02-08 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    we'll have an 80 second revival
    New trait will do a ArP-style synergy with bracers (the more reduction you have, more valuable every next second of reduction becomes), and that's why this trait (or bracers, or revival itself) may become be the target for some nerfs. Blizz ignores DH Meta's CD reduction for now because nerf will spawn a tsunami of whine, but who cares about MW?

If you look at the other healers's new 4-tier traits (especially precious shammies one), there are semi-useful to useless ones.

Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    If you look at the other healers's new 4-tier traits (especially precious shammies one), there are semi-useful to useless ones.
    i'd say the holy priest and resto shaman 4-tier traits are pretty bad, but the rest of them are pretty strong imo.

i'd say the holy priest and resto shaman 4-tier traits are pretty bad, but the rest of them are pretty strong imo.
    I meant there are no OP traits like Rev Cd reduction. Pretty balanced/shitty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by EVB View Post
    I meant there are no OP traits like Rev Cd reduction. Pretty balanced/shitty ones.
    Does anyone have a link to Garg's trinket spreadsheet?
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

with 4set whats the playstyle like? with mana tea do I chain ef still or ef then viv?

Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    with 4set whats the playstyle like? with mana tea do I chain ef still or ef then viv?
    Thats a good question. From what I understand, before the 4 set, ideally you would EF then Vivify buffed targets then Ef again etc. I assume with the 4 set it would be same rotation, unless Vivify is now worth spamming by itself (and taking EF out of the mana tea rotation) which I highly doubt.

If I had to guess (and I am just making an educated guess now), I would think (with the 4 set) that during mana tea, I would cast EF for about a second and a half so that the HoT spreads to enough people then I would cancel EF and then start spamming Vivify and finally I would make sure to cast EF again (for the full duration) just before Mana Tea ends.

I am actually really curious as to how the 4 set buffs Focused Thunder and if people are switching from Mana Tea to FT. The 2 set is a big buff to Focused Thunder because with FT you can keep an extra ReM on the Raid almost at all times, which triggers UT much more often thanks to the 2 set buff and in addition the stronger Vivify makes UT procs even more attractive than before.

I would think that the 4 set is a much bigger buff to the FT playstyle than to the Mana Tea playstyle. Is it enough though?
    Last edited by lycrates; 2017-02-10 at 03:16 PM.

During mana tea you spam EF, unless you are in M+

I guess it depends on your stats and relics. As there is quite a bit of mastery in the nh stuff, i found out that a 4p vivify with double mastery proc is more hpm (and then hp/cast obviously) than a full (no overlap) EF, assuming it won't overheal on the primary target. And that's without UT proc. And if you chose to spam EF you overlap and lose hps/hpm on the EF hot (which is stronger with the 4p).

So my typical mana tea/innerv looks now like full EF- spam vifivy on mid life target with hot- full EF on the last second of the buff.

Sometimes i add an envM in the mix if one tank has the ef hot (which is likely) and is low life/big hit coming. 4p vivify with double mastery proc on an envm buffed target heals a LOT. My raid usually has no hpal, so i tend to end up healing the tanks quite a bit.

Canceling the first EF channel to add one more vivify could be done with an innerv (not during mana tea for me) if the raid is really really low, it would not work so well if you're burst healing through constant heavy damage as you could run out of injured people with the hot.
    Last edited by Caprix; 2017-02-10 at 10:46 PM.

fwiw people linked heroic percentiles which are 100% useless lol

as for MW in mythic I think we're fine. ofc we aren't the level of pala shaman Druid but we're still able to do the content. the spec just needs slight tweaks to efficiency and for 7.2 blizzard need to develop set bonuses around revival, we'll have an 80 second revival so the best call is to double down on that and design set bonuses for revival - to buff it further. efficiency wise I'd like to see spirit of the crane changed to a flat mana reduction of EF (10% or so), lifecycles should be buffed to 20% and mist wrap should reduce enveloping mist by 15% imo.
    Actually I think it would be great if life cycles interacted between ef and vif. Get rid of the channel while moving in mist wrap and buff the healing % increase. This would allow us to choose between raid heal and tank heal since it seems like we're the "flex" healer already.

Btw I healed my first mythic raid boss and I agree with what you had posted about crit>mastery now. It helps a lot late in fights when your mana starved.

Anyway just my 2 cents

Deleted
    There are a few tweaks that might sharpen the different healing roles for MW:

- Mist Wrap could make EnvM/Effuse instant and castable while channeling SM as well as gradually increasing the healing of SM per second (while removing the EnvM-Buffs)
    - Switch Mana Tea with the new Mist Wrap.
    - SotC could (additionally?) remove the mana cost of RSK.
    - Make Lifecycles stackable up to 5 times.
    - Change RJW to a short duration AoE-Heal proc powered by TotM-Stacks, released by BOK.
    - (rebalance the numbers ofc)

Ideally, this would make a "fistweaving light" style (Signatures: RSK, RT/TfT, BOK, RJW), an SM-Style (Signatures: Lifecycles, SM, EnvM, Statue) and the classic Mistweave-Style (Signatures: Crane, Mana Tea, EF, Vivify) (or any combination thereof) more enjoyable.

Deleted
    Hi everyone,

i have a quick question about life cocoon. As a tank i am wondering if the buff to hots is active for the max duration or if the buff is cancled as soon as the aborb fades?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Hi everyone,

i have a quick question about life cocoon. As a tank i am wondering if the buff to hots is active for the max duration or if the buff is cancled as soon as the aborb fades?
    How long have you been playing mistweaver to notice that this interaction should be there? Guess what, life cocoon has been an ability for 5 years and the devs still havn't realized what you seemed to have grasped in a very short amount of time.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    How long have you been playing mistweaver to notice that this interaction should be there? Guess what, life cocoon has been an ability for 5 years and the devs still havn't realized what you seemed to have grasped in a very short amount of time.
    I never played MW in my life. Tank only. I asked this question our MW Monk but he could not answer it, so i am here. I never call for a Monkbubble, because imho its a pretty bad CD ;/
    He claimed the hot increase is there but i think it fades when the absorbshield is gone.

But hey, thanks for the 'nice' answer -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    I never played MW in my life. Tank only. I asked this question our MW Monk but he could not answer it, so i am here. I never call for a Monkbubble, because imho its a pretty bad CD ;/
    He claimed the hot increase is there but i think it fades when the absorbshield is gone.

But hey, thanks for the 'nice' answer -_-
    Huh?I'm sorry you coulnd't understand what i was saying. I'll be short and sweet for you.

No,the healing increase is gone as soon as absorb is gone.

And p.s I was actually complimenting you. not sure why you're offended?
    Mistweaver Monk |

I didn't even realize that cocoon had a HoT increase on it. Between the double mastery proc, the bonus healing from EM applying to EM and ReM, and the shield, it usually acts as a LoH + a shield for me. But the 50% increased hots from the shield explains it even more.