Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some quick noob questions I have if you all don't mind.

Is Enveloping Mist mainly for tanks and something you want to keep up 100% on at least one tank the entire time?

Is Renewing Mist for pretty much anyone that could use it or should it be for the tank(s) as well? Just kind of been wondering how best to use it given the cool down it has. I've been using it on pretty much anyone and have been finding myself using TFT mostly on that and Vivify.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    I know that Chiji is a far more competitive build, however, I was trying something new (higher HPS, instead of total healing, offset by Mistwrap so I can keep up outside my burst phase and mana tea to cut on the mana cost.) However, the main set-back was the cooldown being too long for what it does/the mana reduction being too low for the cooldown.

But yes, I am aware that Chiji is an amazing talent in most scenarios!
    It's not that the mana reduction is too low, more like the mana cost of rjw is too high.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paradx View Post
    With all that said, yes, mana tea is a competitive talent. You can't really use EF more than once or twice on longer fights without it.
    But the hpct and hpm of EF are much higher than vivify. I don't think it is very good not using EF to save mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Some quick noob questions I have if you all don't mind.

Is Enveloping Mist mainly for tanks and something you want to keep up 100% on at least one tank the entire time?

Is Renewing Mist for pretty much anyone that could use it or should it be for the tank(s) as well? Just kind of been wondering how best to use it given the cool down it has. I've been using it on pretty much anyone and have been finding myself using TFT mostly on that and Vivify.
    Enveloping Mist is too expensive to be spammed on tanks, just use it when they take substantial damage togheter with Renewing Mist.

Renewing Mist is your 2nd if not most powerful spell and should be used on cd and with TFT over everything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitens View Post
    Renewing Mist is your 2nd if not most powerful spell and should be used on cd and with TFT over everything else.
    Is it as mandatory as we were in MoP that using ReMs on CD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paradx View Post
    Only because you used RJW. That spell cost way too much mana for a very minor benefit (EF buff). Chi-Ji is the way to go on that tier. Also Mistwrap is nice for spot healing, but for raid healing you should go Lifecycles (if you have mana issues).

With all that said, yes, mana tea is a competitive talent. You can't really use EF more than once or twice on longer fights without it.
    You can use EF alot actually, but if you use Lifecycles you probly wont use it as much.

REM is does do high healing per mana but over long period, really want it on cooldown all the time cos it increases the uptime on uplift buff.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-07-27 at 12:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Is it as mandatory as we were in MoP that using ReMs on CD?
    Yep. Super strong Hot that jumps by itself. No reason not to cast it on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitens View Post
    Enveloping Mist is too expensive to be spammed on tanks, just use it when they take substantial damage togheter with Renewing Mist.

And although this will sound like a dumb question, should tanks get priority with Renewing Mist, or anyone who needs it when its up?

And although this will sound like a dumb question, should tanks get priority with Renewing Mist, or anyone who needs it when its up?
    There is an Artifact trait called Dancing Mists which gives ReM a 10% to jump to an additional player when cast OR when jumping to a new player. As such, I would assume that it would be most beneficial to cast ReM on non-tanks during the fight and let it find its own way towards the tanks, thus giving more chances to Dancing Mists to proc. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    There is an Artifact trait called Dancing Mists which gives ReM a 10% to jump to an additional player when cast OR when jumping to a new player. As such, I would assume that it would be most beneficial to cast ReM on non-tanks during the fight and let it find its own way towards the tanks, thus giving more chances to Dancing Mists to proc. I could be wrong though.
    Thanks for the reply. Is there a "highest priority" artifact pathway that the MW community has established already?

10+ Year Old Account
    For the healing comp discussion, do you think 5 healer setup will be the norm in mythic progression?

Deleted
    You wanna get Mists of Life, Mists of Sheilun, Dancing Mists, Extended Healing in I think that order. No point in looking beyond that for now since the other traits don't change anything mechanically and numbers can still get changed and probably depend on your luck with legendaries.

Deleted
    REM is one of the strongest hots in the game, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    You wanna get Mists of Life, Mists of Sheilun, Dancing Mists, Extended Healing in I think that order. No point in looking beyond that for now since the other traits don't change anything mechanically and numbers can still get changed and probably depend on your luck with legendaries.
    This almost doesn't make much sense after looking at the artifact tree. If I go on that order it seems like you're jumping all over the place. No?

Deleted
    this would be the order

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to go dancing mist before extended healing, as you can get both before mythic week, and extended healing is a lot better for 5 man healing. Which will be far important in the heroic clear week, as mythic + will be unlocked (to my knowledge).

I also don't think dancing mist is better than revival trait if you're primarily mistweaving. Considering you're casting ReM a lot less, and it's unlikely you'll talent Focused Thunder over Mana Tea, as the mana sustain is far more important, especially if you take mist wrap for w.e reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryvia View Post
    For the healing comp discussion, do you think 5 healer setup will be the norm in mythic progression?
    I honestly don't know for sure but without spirit and Legendary ring togheter with the abilities prune and personal cd nerfs across all classes i'm quite optimistic about the 5 healing comp.

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Keep in mind that the jump range is only 20 yards now...so you should really get at least 1 ReM in the melee group and at least 1 going on the ranged players for maximum raid coverage.

Deleted
    It will not jump if there is no other target with less thenn full hp.

Quote Originally Posted by drackus View Post
    What are MW like for pvp? Not talking hardcore arena. Do they still get SM back to WoD style? Cheers.
    For BGs, Mistweavers are the strongest healer by a margin at lvl 100 despise having hefty mana issues in comparison to the others, from what I noticed.

Druids got better burst healing, but they can't chain Swiftmend/empowered Rejus/WG/Flourish the way MW can chain EMs+EFs. I did some 50ish BGs by now, most as mw and a fair bunch on druid/shaman mainly. Running into the same situations like initial flagzerg on EotS, I get ~50-90k hps over the first two minutes, while I can't get far beyond 50k on resto specs. That trend continues over pretty much any other situation. It's hard to measure effectiveness, but all numbers I've noticed sugggest that MW are leagues above the competition in BGs. ToK was ~35k hps over the entire match, more than most other healers I see peak at.

Didn't do enough arena, but being a full healer that can burst for ~150k damage at times in 3 gcds when people have a 540k healthpool makes me look forward to way of the crane A LOT more than AMA. Especially the snare/root immunity with Zen Tea.