Just started doing heroics on my BM @ ilvl 810, getting rekt big time, even with Ironskin up I've seen my hp drop drop and stagger rise faster than I can react.

90 is dungeon dependent. I've found that I can get away with SD over RJW in most of them as long as no one aggros anything extra. Sucks that RJW is needed for some of the others and not just baseline. At 100 and the gearing grind, HT is amazing if you find yourself at yellow/red stagger all the time. Check http://brewingmastery.blogspot.com/2...appenings.html out for some math on the 100 talents.

found at 110 doing heroics at like 790 to 800 blackout combo and chaining combo-ironskin to get huge purifies to work well tbh, blackout brew also. also get OD and stand in corners and be immortal
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    found at 110 doing heroics at like 790 to 800 blackout combo and chaining combo-ironskin to get huge purifies to work well tbh, blackout brew also. also get OD and stand in corners and be immortal
    Bear with me, but I'm not familiar with the acronym, "OD." What is it? Can't find anything in spell book that might relate.

Obstinate Determination is an Artifact Trait. It is better than all of our Golden Dragons. It's amazing because it has no ICD and works well with the Overflow trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippedice View Post
    Obstinate Determination is an Artifact Trait. It is better than all of our Golden Dragons. It's amazing because it has no ICD and works well with the Overflow trait.
    Oh gotcha, thank so. Haven't started leveling my monk as I still haven't decided on my tank for my 2nd group yet

Monk vs Paladin vs Blood dk (vengeance co-tank, personal loot, normal mode, no brez but 2 hunters.) Decision comes at this point do I want to make big hits seem like child's play, lots of CD and pure damage mit or another self healing tank.

It's one of the hardest choices I've had to make since I started playing late classic. All the class fantasies are good

I've been using RJW and Blackout Combo for Heroics, but honestly I'd probably be better off using Elusive Dance for mitigation since I'm doing Blackout Strike -> Tiger Palm so often

Incoming damage is high, but only wiped in Halls of Valor when I fat fingered the Shield early and messed us up. Obstinate Determination is crazy good, but if your reaction time needs to be good and latency low to make good use of it. It's pretty amusing in world pvp

So, I tanked halls of valor hc with 795 ilvl, started out with blackout combo, and it felt chopy and spiky, switched to high tolerance and everything was a lot smoother and felt better gameplay wise as well, by the end of the dungeon 55% of my total incoming healing was done by me, i reckon it's not that bad.
    What's really making the spec right now, is OD, you are so insanely sturdy around 35%, especially if you have hots on you and medium stagger and the healer lets you dance around 35%, it's just absurd.
    The spec feels a lot like it used to be in wod cm's, where i often had guard on cooldown, and was dancing around 35% because my healer was slacking, the gameplay feels very similar to me, what i really miss is chi explosion, not for what it did, but for how satisfying it was to use.
    Last edited by Ray3andrei; 2016-09-01 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    Heroics in this expansion feels exactly like they did in the last one pre us getting retarded due to stagger buffs. We are totally fine if played correctly but gets totally destroyed if we don't. As a veteran tank I felt that going into heroics with a random group of 790 ish ilvl was pretty rough and I had to do work to stay alive. As soon as I hit 810 and could que in with the 15% dungeonfinder buff I could start double and even tripplepull packs with no worrys at all. I have only played with totally random groups so far, expecting a premade group to be a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray3andrei View Post
    snip.
    I'm up to 815 now had a heroic titanforged 845 neck drop last night in HoV, I've had OD proc 4-5 orbs in one go, used expel harm and been healed for well over 2 million.

7+ Year Old Account
    I started doing Heroic Dungeons at around 800 itemlevel (with a guild group without using the dungeon finder) and my first Mythic Dungeon at around 810-815 (not sure what mine was, but the group was around 810-815). Works fine with Elusive Dance. Also, Obstinate Determination helps a lot.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    Does anybody else feel that our Artifact ability is on a massively long cool down for what it does? it could do with being halfed at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Does anybody else feel that our Artifact ability is on a massively long cool down for what it does? it could do with being halfed at least.
    Yeah does seem to be a little on the long side, it should be bought in line with the other abilities which are all 45s-1m. 45s would be the ideal time for ours as its a short duration damage reduction.

tbh it is realy powerfull. 3 seconds of not beeing hit and a lot of damage and it looks cool is huge. but i would love to hve a shorter CD on it

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    tbh it is realy powerfull. 3 seconds of not beeing hit and a lot of damage and it looks cool is huge. but i would love to hve a shorter CD on it
    It doesn't do anything against magic attacks though right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    It doesn't do anything against magic attacks though right?
    Neither does warrior one. Exploding Keg does ludicrous amounts of burst damage. That is almost fine enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Neither does warrior one. Exploding Keg does ludicrous amounts of burst damage. That is almost fine enough for me.
    I guess that's true. I just feel so weak to magic damage without guard. Even with ISB and high tolerance if my math is right it's only about 42% to stagger. And thus then 21% negated if we purify. Mathematically as I'm saying it, it sounds on par with a paladin Sotr or a Druid magic damage reduction, but we have to do more work for such things where as a Druid can have theirs 100% up.

Again maybe I'm missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    I guess that's true. I just feel so weak to magic damage without guard. Even with ISB and high tolerance if my math is right it's only about 42% to stagger. And thus then 21% negated if we purify. Mathematically as I'm saying it, it sounds on par with a paladin Sotr or a Druid magic damage reduction, but we have to do more work for such things where as a Druid can have theirs 100% up.

Again maybe I'm missing something
    Stagger baseline is 35%, with High Tolerance it's 45%, and with ISB, it's 85%. Half of that (for magic damage) is 42.5%. I think you got your math confused ... with all those things you should be staggering over 40% of magic damage, which is pretty good.

Edit: after reading your post again, I see that we are mainly saying the same thing. However, even though staggering damage isn't "mitigation," the smoothing value (even if not purified) is still good. It makes HoTs great for us, since the overheal % of them should be a lot lower.
    Last edited by Grumchuck; 2016-09-02 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumchuck View Post
    Stagger baseline is 35%, with High Tolerance it's 45%, and with ISB, it's 85%. Half of that (for magic damage) is 42.5%. I think you got your math confused ... with all those things you should be staggering over 40% of magic damage, which is pretty good.

Edit: after reading your post again, I see that we are mainly saying the same thing. However, even though staggering damage isn't "mitigation," the smoothing value (even if not purified) is still good. It makes HoTs great for us, since the overheal % of them should be a lot lower.
    So if I'm tanking for a disc priest and resto shaman combo, it might make it a little harder?

Quote Originally Posted by umbak View Post
    I'd like an animation update for Rushing Jade wind (or a glyph if it is made baseline) to turn it into a "Brewstorm" with the gfx of Alemental brew whirlwinds with some kegs spinning in it much like bonestorm. I can dream!
    I'd love to be able to shrink RJW. I find it obnoxious having it up so often and having trouble seeing mobs around me because of this stupid huge green swirly cloud. Would much prefer the old animation.