Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    Going to guess people where cheesing with it, to heal a bunch and have 100% uptime of isb with little effort
    EU French guild killed Ursoc Mythic with their MT using 4 piece, actually worked decently for them but overall I don't see it being game changing

Kind of crazy how powerful the bonuses were to be worth losing 100 item levels worth of stats on 4 pieces of gear!

we've done xavius (heroic) without having a tank with blackened tank the boss. you have to be willing to take like 6 stacks occasionally though.

seemed to work out fine with the first dreamer taking the boss when you phase into p2.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Wow, does BrM ever suck in Emerald Dream. I have to not use ISB on Nythendra at all because if you get MCed with it up it takes the raid like 20 seconds to break you out, and then when you DO get broken out you have 300% stagger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Wow, does BrM ever suck in Emerald Dream. I have to not use ISB on Nythendra at all because if you get MCed with it up it takes the raid like 20 seconds to break you out, and then when you DO get broken out you have 300% stagger.
    I just put my artifact fishing pole on and my HP drops drastically (Each artifact point gives 0.75% stamina, quite huge). Makes you quite easy to break and I didn't have huge stagger afterwards or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    Going to guess people where cheesing with it, to heal a bunch and have 100% uptime of isb with little effort
    Someone was abusing it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...en&options=128

https://i.gyazo.com/f01e12b795980993...24100d620a.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    You get MCd once and can choose when it happens, if you play smart. Unequip weapon & /cancelaura heals and buffs during the cast is quite common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

so got finally my first raid impression this expansion, nhc and first hc only but it was interresting. taking less damage then my co-tank (DH) was nice to see and once i knew the boss it became much less stressfull.

still not keen with BoB. it works, got nearly 100% ISB uptime while PB what i felt i need but the little minigame to get BoB ready befor ISB runs out is what i dont like.. maybe ajust playstyle.
    Playing with hat i like to stay at ~20-24% haste to be around 30% haste while tanking. feels smooth with everything. wished i could choose my stats on gear but i have to take what drops.. annoyed

tanked Cenarius without cleaning at around 60% becuase our other members where panicly soaking the green pools... so at the and i got ~70 or 80 stacks of the debuff... felt like nothing? was surprised (keep in mind, NHC but our guild is by far not the best, love them anyways)

it helps to be BrM since day 1 MoP to have a thight connection with my little panda.. but i can see why so much are afraid of BrMs. we work and if you ahve fun with this class it is a blast of an experiance but its nothign for your "i-just-tank-alittle" player.

thats one wys to be a special snowflake and i like it. hoping of better gear and better stats:
    25%crit, 20%haste, 25%mastery, 10% dodge, 1%versatility right now. not exactly convinced about it and struggling what to do about stats. all sounds nice.. but again bad drop luck hurts ):

7+ Year Old Account
    you dont realy feel the debuff cause almost half of it goes into stagger
    we are also totaly amazing with taking the spear had to take 2 in a row on hc the pool just got a liitle bit bigger than my fírst one :3 @arcuro

Ursoc Melee Antifu 1464386 (A: 8298181)
    Ursoc Overwhelm Antifu 234403 (A: 11072099) (O: 1719497)

Then I died.

Obviously Ursoc is tankable through enrage by BWM, just need to get healed for 2m every couple seconds... The melee put me at a 533k stagger tick for anyone wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 2 points in the fortifying brew trait (4% more stagger in Fort) you'd have the cap of 99% stagger with IsB up during it. So if you saved up both 3 charges of IsB and Black Ox brew and had blackout combo talented, you could pause your stagger for at least 24 seconds and take barely any damage. But somewhat unrealistic as surviving the soft enrage without using your brews for that long is kind of impossible in progress situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx
    I'm extending the thread cap here, and I recognize that many players have taken issue with the current state of Death Knights since the balance changes earlier this week.

I've seen the sims and logs showing Blood DKs and Brewmaster Monks at the bottom of the heap, and I recognize the comments made about Unholy as well. I'll take the feedback from this thread and various others and pass it along to the development team.

Appreciate the feedback guys.
    Yay, something incoming!

Edit- Not sure how to make this a blue quote, but it's Ornyx on this thread
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=17#post-336

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    With 2 points in the fortifying brew trait (4% more stagger in Fort) you'd have the cap of 99% stagger with IsB up during it. So if you saved up both 3 charges of IsB and Black Ox brew and had blackout combo talented, you could pause your stagger for at least 24 seconds and take barely any damage. But somewhat unrealistic as surviving the soft enrage without using your brews for that long is kind of impossible in progress situation.
    I actually have 5 points in the trait due to crappy relic options, so yeah, technically you could. You'd have to do everything you could to not touch miasma in the slightest which isn't too hard. You also wouldn't need to do have the stuff you're talking about. You really only just need to keep up isb since you can't die from stagger. You'll just indefinitely sit at 1 hp until fort falls then you die. That's actually a pretty big deal if you could do it since your whole raid dies about 10 seconds into enrage form the charge (unless they immunity). Anyways, seems like a fun thing to try, but definitely (as you said) not feasible in progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifu View Post
    You also wouldn't need to do have the stuff you're talking about. You really only just need to keep up isb since you can't die from stagger. You'll just indefinitely sit at 1 hp until fort falls then you die.
    Stagger caps at 99% now so you won't be exactly physical immune. If ursoc hits you for 14m, you will still get hit 140k directly. Not much, but will kill you if your stagger puts you to 1 health every tick.

The stagger pause on the other hand will make the 1% be the only damage you take, so getting hit for 140k per melee is "nothing". (but you made a good point about miasma, if that is affected by enrage and could be deadly as it would be staggered at 49.5% only.

I didn't realize stagger actually caps. I think that takes the fun out of it as there's too many shenanigans needed for very little benefit. Everyone in your raid without an immunity is dead shortly after the 5m mark anyways. Yeah, it could potentially get you a kill, but you're giving up a lot to get it and you're probably dead before you get there. It's probably more one of those fun thought experiments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    Yay, something incoming!

Edit- Not sure how to make this a blue quote, but it's Ornyx on this thread
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=17#post-336
    It won't be anything massive , I will guess either a small passive increase to our armor or increase to base mastery by 2-5%.

Deleted
    I both have a Warrior and brm tank and its actually funny in how big the difference is. People who are saying brm is in a good place cause you can clear content have no clue what they are talking about. After I got to 110 with my brm I started doing dungeons only to notice that most of my healers are going oom and dont really have the time to heal other Party members I was ilvl 848 back then.

Now I was tired of it so I decided to lvl a Warrior soon as I was lvl 110 I queued up for EOA mythic with ilvl 780 and tanked it with like no problem. But I dont like to play Warrior and it also felt like it was just to easy in comparison with my Monk. So I switched Back to my Monk now I cleared some High mythic + and heroic Emerald nightmare. Will start later this week in mythic. But it takes alot More effort to make this happen.

Im ilvl 864 now and sometimes it still feels like I got hit by a truck even when my mitigation is up and everything. Its like slootbag said on his stream there is like no reason to play monk tank atm but I really enjoy it. I hope blizzard will make brm monks attractive again. Cause it feels like we are missing something. Cause every mythic I do without my boys they go like you are the first brewmaster we get to play with.

Ofcourse, the big one, and the reason that most influences why the spec is seen as "weak" is:
    Healers don't understand how Obstinate Determination and Celestial Fortune work, and they shouldn't really have to. For those that don't know, Obstinate Determination is one of our (non-gold) artifact traits, and it does the following:

Gift of the Ox summons an additional Healing Sphere when your health drops below 35%. This passive ability has no cooldown.

When a healer struggles to keep a Brewmaster topped off, you know the developers made a mistake, because a Brewmaster in most content doesn't need to be topped off, all because of the above trait. When you've got ironskin brew up and you're bouncing between 60% and 30% health popping healing orbs, you're very durable. Deceptively durable. But healers don't know that. We're so rare it compounds the problem of the hidden mechanic Obstinate Determination and Gift of the Ox work on. They just see us low and spend more mana and effort trying to force our health upward out of our strength range.

I never complained about something in WoW except DK back in the days but I thought it was time to make my first post.

7+ Year Old Account
    i hope 1 or 2 useless wepon traits get changed

i actually hope they kinda "rework" it.

So I read the brewmaster guides and read a bit about it

But I want to ask the players themselves if there are any tips or tricks I should know about?

It seems like a difficult spec to play so any tips would be appreciated