Deleted
    Is anyone doing mythic+s tona decent level? i do the norm myhtics fine at 852 and want to do plus 3-6's. But when i suggest it ppl ask me to go on mydruid which is borring. Start lvling a prot warrior but im bored at 101 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Is anyone doing mythic+s tona decent level? i do the norm myhtics fine at 852 and want to do plus 3-6's. But when i suggest it ppl ask me to go on mydruid which is borring. Start lvling a prot warrior but im bored at 101 lol
    I'll be honest, for mythics plus... i'm healing right now. its less stressful in that sense, beacuse as a tank for mythic plus, u need to know what to pull and what not. As a healer, i'm learning from those tanks who know how to pull and from there i'lll try. The stress to maintain a certain timer on the dungeon has left me screaming at my RL friends... something that I know i shouldn't be doing... its just a game after all.

I'm a 860 Brew/MW with sephuz secret.

I have a druid alt, 841 ilevel, and tanking normal mythics seems really easy. But I find myself struggling to heal myself especially with low hp.. something that brewmaster excel at, with orbs spawning more often at 35% and below.

I'm 860, and with a group of friends + 1 dps pug we managed Mythic 7+.

I think at 860 I could easily do 8, but our group meta lacks some DPS (hey it's cool, we're friends chilling).

I'd recommend you stick with Brewmaster if that's what you enjoy the most, I stay competitive and pull good dps and mitigate pretty well (do switch up talents ahead of the Mythic+ if you need to). My default setup for M+ is Leg Sweep and Blackout Combo. I use Potions, 375 food and Flasks because I can.

I hear the Protection warrior argument all the time... "but you could do x+y instead of x as Protection... it will just be easier for the same effort" but I'd rather play Brewmaster and be challenged than unhappy as a Protection Warrior (I feel their rotation lacks excitement).

Best of luck, stay brew!

Yep, done 10+ in time and cleared 11+ (~865). BrM definitely can handle mythics, if your healer understands what to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    I'm 860, and with a group of friends + 1 dps pug we managed Mythic 7+.

I think at 860 I could easily do 8, but our group meta lacks some DPS (hey it's cool, we're friends chilling).

I'd recommend you stick with Brewmaster if that's what you enjoy the most, I stay competitive and pull good dps and mitigate pretty well (do switch up talents ahead of the Mythic+ if you need to). My default setup for M+ is Leg Sweep and Blackout Combo. I use Potions, 375 food and Flasks because I can.

I hear the Protection warrior argument all the time... "but you could do x+y instead of x as Protection... it will just be easier for the same effort" but I'd rather play Brewmaster and be challenged than unhappy as a Protection Warrior (I feel their rotation lacks excitement).

Best of luck, stay brew!
    We are most definitely viable for M+, i'm currently 875 as BrM and we normally land +9 with 2 chests and I've tanked +11 three times this week, we didn't make timers unfortunately with some nasty wipes but mostly dps dying and soft enrage wipes rather than a tank related issue.

On the raiding front i'm tank #2 on Il'yganoth Mythic, yes we needs some tweaks but it isn't as bad as people claim, I don't feel i'm hampering any progress thus far. Stagger 4life

For Brewmaster relics, is ilvl mroe important or good traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorban View Post
    For Brewmaster relics, is ilvl mroe important or good traits?
    If you have the legendary that resets BoF CD on every Keg Smash, then hot bloded rellics are a lot more important than ilvl i'd say.

856. Tanked Court +7 with the brew, and +8 BRH with no real issue. Was able to use stagger to cheese a lot of stuff in BRH to make it a joke.

Deleted
    Nice I do stuff reg with a priest who enjoys healing me guess no need to lvl another tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray3andrei View Post
    If you have the legendary that resets BoF CD on every Keg Smash, then hot bloded rellics are a lot more important than ilvl i'd say.
    The ISB trait is stronger than the BoF one even with 100% uptime. It's 6.67% more ISBs, and since 100% ISB uptime is already possible that means it directly translates into 6.67% more purifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    The ISB trait is stronger than the BoF one even with 100% uptime. It's 6.67% more ISBs, and since 100% ISB uptime is already possible that means it directly translates into 6.67% more purifies.
    And what is purpose to have 100% ISB uptime? With HT you already have 50% phys / 25% magic barrier, huge avoidance (40%+ estimated), so again - what is purpose to have 100% ISB uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    And what is purpose to have 100% ISB uptime? With HT you already have 50% phys / 25% magic barrier, huge avoidance (40%+ estimated), so again - what is purpose to have 100% ISB uptime?
    If we're talking of mythic raid progression on relevant gear levels*:
    The higher your ISB uptime with less charges spent to maintain it, the more you get to purify. Brew charges are BrMs the single most valuable resource, and increasing the amount or potency of said resource directly translate into less damage taken, which is probably what you want on progression.

If we're talking about anything else:
    Who cares? Nothing is threatening at all, except perhaps from boss-to-boss pulls in dungeons where 3 charges + BoB is plenty enough. Just focus on DPS.

*: Early Mythic bosses are not threatening even at 850 gear. Most semi-hc guilds progressing around 2-3 bosses already overgear the content by 10-15 avg ilvls or more, but they are still at that level due to multiple players failing at mechanics, not because of the tanks ISB uptime. There's aren't many raid bosses in current tier with threatening tank damage, and even those start to feel more like wet noodles when approaching 870 (Unless you are playing Warr/Bear/Pally, in which case that breakpoint is probably a lot earlier), and you only die to tank damage if you make mistakes or your healers are dead/asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    The higher your ISB uptime with less charges spent to maintain it, the more you get to purify. Brew charges are BrMs the single most valuable resource, and increasing the amount or potency of said resource directly translate into less damage taken, which is probably what you want on progression.
    But why the only accepted strategy is "put all in ISB until 100% uptime and purify only after this"? ISB by itself do not provide any damage reduction - while PB does (even w/o ISB up)

10+ Year Old Account
    But why the only accepted strategy is "put all in ISB until 100% uptime and purify only after this"? ISB by itself do not provide any damage reduction - while PB does (even w/o ISB up)
    Because we easily can have 100% uptime and have plenty of purifies. Also, IsB increases the value of each purify so you kind of "have" to have it on anyway to benefit from PB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced that that's the case, and if brew uptime/generation is more important, isnt face palm really good maybe even better than Potent Kick?

The more you need to purify, the more you need to sacrifice that 100% ISB uptime in order to be able to do it. It's not the only accepted strategy, it's just the "baseline" point, and the uptime gets lower and lower the more you get trucked, as you need to purify more and more. Aiming for more uptime simply means aiming to be able to purify more with less gaps in ISB uptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

[BREWMASTER] 7.0 Discussion Thread

So, ive managed to Get a set with 30% haste, and I am really enjoying using blackout combo. Can somebody tell me the rotation they use with a steady stream of damage, getting the most out of my energy wirhout capping?

The way I see it ISB trait means higher up times of ISB which means less haste is required which means your other stats that offer direct damage reduction or damage off setting are higher.

Deleted
    BoK->KS->TP->BoK->BoF/TP->Filler-> Repeat
    The BoF/TP one is BoF if ready, otherwise TP
    The Filler will be another TP if energy capping or otherwise spells you want to use (Chi Burst and the likes)

While this looks like the BoF will get the empowerment of the second BoK I would highly recommend empowering ISB inbetween the two globals.

Empowering BoF Is just not worth it. Since the rotation will go down in 6 seconds (actually a little bit more since 33.3% haste would be required for 6 and lag will increase the timespan further). This means, that since every second empowerment HAS to be KS that you can only cast BoF at max every second window resulting in every 12 seconds which is not really a gain from the base CD of 15.
    The rotation above would put BoF every 18 seconds which is also not optimal but you can move it around alot if it doesn't have to be after the BoK

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and on the ISB trait. the first "extra" point pushes it from 7.5 sec to 8 sec. If you keep it at 100% uptime this means that you need 7.5 ISBs per minute instead of 8, a net gain of 1 Brew charge every two minutes.

If you would have 33% haste you would cast 16 TPs/min so one FacePalm trait would grant you about 1.6 seconds worth of Brewrecharge which is significantly less (and becomes even less with lower haste levels)

So guys, i've been looking over logs and it seems pausing stagger doesn't do anything on logs? it still shows as damage taken when you pause it, which is really weird.