Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Dragonfire is a 3-5% dps increase. Worthless defensively, but by far the strongest single offensive point in the whole weapon. Certainly better overall than Staggering Around.
    Helps me pick up aggro on adds too when I'm not using RJW or Ox statue, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    Helps me pick up aggro on adds too when I'm not using RJW or Ox statue, as well.
    I would say that's the single best thing about it and is quite underrated particularly when special delivery is in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatch View Post
    It's going to be around a 2% physical only mitigation increase. Nothing to get excited about.

Now if Brew-Stache added onto it's duration it would actually been fantastic. It's at least usable now.
    Yeah, that would be great!

just picked up brewmaster after reading a bunch of guides and stuff, and succesfully tanked my first Mythic+2 dungeon \o/

I'm finding it to be a lot of fun but one thing I'm having trouble is getting aggro on multiple mobs. I won't dare to use ox statue, but is there anything at all to help with that? It feels like I always have my keg on cooldown just before a group of adds pops up. I also have ~26% haste atm.

Maybe rushing jade wind would help me fix this issue?

Also I picked up a 850 Shard of Rokmora; How valuable is that? I figure I should be using it when I know a bunch of attacks are coming my way(Nightmarish Fury on Ilgynoth, or simply a pack of mobs) right?

I also have a Unstable Arcanocrystal and a Raid Finder Grotesque Statuette, but I'm not sure which two are more valuable when tanking normal and heroic EN. I'm just getting into this and I'll be the tank this weekend, so any help would be appreciated!

Deleted
    You should take both the statue and the Arcanocrystal for EN raiding, probably the statue as priority.
    If your co-tank also has a statue, make sure they equip it.

It's currently bugged so the stacks refresh and proc from stagger on bosses, and the effect is replicated by the co-tanks statue. Only when a BrM has it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamancer View Post
    You should take both the statue and the Arcanocrystal for EN raiding, probably the statue as priority.

It's currently bugged so the stacks refresh and proc from stagger on bosses, and the effect is replicated by the co-tanks statue. Only when a BrM has it though.
    ohhhh that's awesome, I guess I lucked out on LFR then

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Yes, it looks like smartcast. Nice for keg and Dave.
    I'm interested about that macro aswell. How do you do it ?

I was also unsure about which trinkets to use, there are like 4 from EN which are decent but also an 860 Arcanocrystal for instance which is also good.
    Since I was the dragon tank on Cenarius M (with a 2 dragon only strategy, i.e. go with 4 healers and full DPS on boss to skip the last adds) and they hit like a truck and I didn't have a dedicated healer on me for the most part, I changed around trinkets a bit in order to get a better feeling for how strong they are defensively. So of course this was a subjective decision, but in the end I felt that I had the best survivability with Statue + Arcanocrystal. The Arcanocrystal helped push my haste to ~35% at yellow or red stagger (playing with HT) and overall I feel like the secondary stat boost it provides was really helpful overall. The agility and versatility from the agi/versa trinket didn't help as much. The crit/HP+armor trinket had 30 ilvl more than my other trinkets (895 compared to 865) but I also didn't feel that it helped much, since Crit is rather weak defensively. Unfortunately I don't have Phantasmal Echo yet, I assume that would have been powerful as well.
    Anyway, bottom line is: the statue felt really powerful even with just 865 ilvl, and the Arcanocrystal with just 860 also felt really powerful.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2016-10-29 at 08:46 AM.

As far as I know, only one tank can benefit from the trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I'm interested about that macro aswell. How do you do it ?
    "/cast [@cursor] Spellname" for Cast on Cursor
    "/cast [@player] Spellname" for Cast on you

Do you think we're a top 3 tank class with the buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by foodai View Post
    Do you think we're a top 3 tank class with the buffs?
    Bear, Paladin and Warrior still take the top 3, but the Brewmaster is ahead of DH and way ahead of DK. /imo

We have our downsides, but apart from those we are perfectly viable, even for early mythic progress.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    As far as I know, only one tank can benefit from the trinket.
    I'm honestly not 100% sure how the trinket should function, but my DK co-tank also refreshes his stacks when he has his statue equipped. Interestingly my statue also gains stacks when he takes damage from sources.
    It's a little unreliable at times, but I've definitely seen it.

I'm honestly not 100% sure how the trinket should function, but my DK co-tank also refreshes his stacks when he has his statue equipped. Interestingly my statue also gains stacks when he takes damage from sources.
    That's the thing, someone was seeing that and dug into logs and surmised that the other tank had perma 20% reduction and the other got nothing.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Eh, I read on a thread here that BrM should be healed in a different manner because of their kit or something.

What does that mean ? I don't play BrM (i'm levelling a MW) but it kinda intrigued me.

What is so different that makes healing a BrM different than healing another tank ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Bear, Paladin and Warrior still take the top 3, but the Brewmaster is ahead of DH and way ahead of DK. /imo

We have our downsides, but apart from those we are perfectly viable, even for early mythic progress.
    I feel like we're tankier than paladins, but we lack their raid utility, and if we think about how absurdly broken the xavius trinket is for brewmaster, id say we're reaching guardian territory.

this isn't what i observed. could have changed- can you link your logs please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray3andrei View Post
    I feel like we're tankier than paladins, but we lack their raid utility, and if we think about how absurdly broken the xavius trinket is for brewmaster, id say we're reaching guardian territory.
    Paladins are definitely tankier, but they have some really annoying QoL issues that often come up. Not being able to use your primary active mitigation unless you're in melee range of something to hit is a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Eh, I read on a thread here that BrM should be healed in a different manner because of their kit or something.

What does that mean ? I don't play BrM (i'm levelling a MW) but it kinda intrigued me.

What is so different that makes healing a BrM different than healing another tank ?
    probably the fact that HoTs are way more powerful on us than other classes due to how Stagger works, and how we might be floating around 30-50% hp and still stable due to how our self-heal works.

I have very limited experience with monk, but I feel nearly immortal playing him even if I'm constantly at 50% health.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Paladins are definitely tankier, but they have some really annoying QoL issues that often come up. Not being able to use your primary active mitigation unless you're in melee range of something to hit is a big one.
    Lets agree to disagree, paladins are much spikier and their active mitigation isn't 100%, paladins are definently not stronger from a defensive stand point, but hey they can solo violent winds twice because paladins.