Deleted
    Celestalon did say that spitfire being useless with legendary chest is fine which implies the chest will stay as it is.
    He says a lot of things on a long day...He even said that the first Legion-Alpha BRM is super OP!

Celestalon tweeted that a lot of the data is wrong/incompatible with data mining.

So I wouldn't panic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    First PTR Class Changes for BRM:
    Blackout Strike: Cooldown changed from 3 sec cooldown to 14 sec cooldown
    Breath of Fire: Cooldown changed from 15 sec cooldown to 20 sec cooldown

BoF ist mostly irrelevant if you have the Chest (well, i don't know why, but i have these feeling that our Chest get nerfed to the ground, just to make the "brand new talent" worth)
    BoS is a massiv Nerf, even if TP reduces the CD.
    BoS nerf hits BoC really hard, HT is already prefered by many and will just become a no brainer instead.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I really hope they dont keep this Bos change.

There is no reason to pick BoC with that in mind and it just really ruins the flow of our rotation, which is something i've really enjoyed. Not only that but it immediately devalues the the weapon traits of : Dark side of the moon, Obsidian fists, and Draught of darkness. BoS is a significant portion of our dps too. Even if the TP reduces the CD a bunch this just seems like needless complexity.

Maybe if we send enough feedback they'll change their minds as they did with the absurdly low cap on staggered damage we could 'reasonably' take.
    Last edited by Geodude07; 2017-04-12 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    BoS nerf hits BoC really hard, HT is already prefered by many and will just become a no brainer instead.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...49267896897536

Well it was mentioned in the thread and never really brought up again because everyone was worried about the biggest issue, the ISB cap. Getting a dialogue on it going is probably wise so that it at least is on their radar....they listened to ISB at least so there is some precedent for that! Hopefully...maybe...possibly...

EDIT:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754025679#3 saw this post and it makes me feel a little better, though it has no numbers attached to it still. It's a bit reassuring to know it won't be 14 seconds at least.
    Last edited by Geodude07; 2017-04-13 at 06:56 AM.

Cool story bro, as if Celestalon's word means jack shit around these parts.

His word is about as irrelevant as bad data mining. Expect the worst.

Outside of the BoS shit, are they really going to make the chest even more valuable? Nah, Celestalon is full of shit. Chest is getting nerfed, it's amazing it survived 2 legendary balance patches already.

Right... because they don't use that excuse every single time...

I will believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cool story bro, as if Celestalon's word means jack shit around these parts.

His word is about as irrelevant as bad data mining. Expect the worst.

Outside of the BoS shit, are they really going to make the chest even more valuable? Nah, Celestalon is full of shit. Chest is getting nerfed, it's amazing it survived 2 legendary balance patches already.
    That was a beautiful rant.

They'll probably make tiger palm reduce the cd of blackout strike and keg smash reduce the cd of breath of fire, that said, if they do that it doesn't fix the rotation at all it breaks it, current blackout combo rotation is pretty much perfect in terms of energy, you'll start to starve on energy exactly when black ox brew comes back, if you make blackout strike cd any longer (even 5 seconds effectively) and keep the rest the same, you'll be energy starved and/or have empty gcds, i really fail to see any improvement in there

Also this is quite obviously a cut in damage if it stays as it is(and an indirect big nerf to our new 4/4 trait) and i've yet to see any compensation, brewmasters were finally on par with other tanks damage wise, are we just gonna let this go because of an half assed revamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    They'll probably make tiger palm reduce the cd of blackout strike and keg smash reduce the cd of breath of fire, that said, if they do that it doesn't fix the rotation at all it breaks it, current blackout combo rotation is pretty much perfect in terms of energy, you'll start to starve on energy exactly when black ox brew comes back, if you make blackout strike cd any longer (even 5 seconds effectively) and keep the rest the same, you'll be energy starved and/or have empty gcds, i really fail to see any improvement in there

Also this is quite obviously a cut in damage if it stays as it is(and an indirect big nerf to our new 4/4 trait) and i've yet to see any compensation, brewmasters were finally on par with other tanks damage wise, are we just gonna let this go because of an half assed revamp?
    They've already posted saying that the cooldown is not the case. Like a specific post about this specific problem. The link is in Geodude's post.

All Celestalon said is the cooldown won't be 14 seconds which i aknowledged but i doubt the reduction from tp will be 10 seconds or over so you'll effectively use blackout strike less, rising the issues I underlined, i'm waiting to see the first iteration completly but i have really low hopes about it being well thought

That's a worry because the response wasn't really solid. We can only hope they decided to trash that iteration of changes to BoS in favor of something else. Though I feel like they must have reduced the CD significantly (or ideally left it alone) if he's trying to tell people to not worry about a 14 second CD, it would only make sense. Then again making sense hasn't really been the theme of these changes.

I mean this is in the same batch as 'changes' as the proposed 200% cap on stagger or whatever atrociously low number it was. At the very least there is feedback going out and it actually feels like there is some chance for us to argue for different ideas. I just hope it has been noted that most players don't really want a 15 second CD on a fairly important ability and that it won't feel nice just because it can supposedly fit into our rotation better.

The dumb thing is that BoS already fits into our rotation just fine. Its low cd means your not sitting on it waiting for whatever ability from BoC you want to pair it with becomes available.

Can someone explain the usage of RoP on M Gul'dan?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Positioning for the Orbs for DPS Buff/Interrupting die Vision.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP Chi Burst and a lot of other loved stuff:
    Brewmaster

Brewmaster passive armor bonus increased to 25% (was 15%).

Blackout Strike now has a 14 second cooldown (was 3 seconds, modified by Haste).

Tiger Palm also now reduces the cooldown of Blackout Strike by 5 seconds.

Fortifying Brew increases Stagger by 10% (was 20%)

Ironskin Brew increases Stagger by 35% (was 40%).

Special Delivery proc chance increased to 100% (was 30%).

Special Delivery damage reduced by 70%.

Staggered damage cannot exceed 1000% of your maximum health.

Mastery: Elusive Brawler is now also triggered by hitting with Blackout Strike and Breath of Fire.

Chi Burst has been replaced by a new talent, Spitfire, for Brewmasters:

Spitfire: Passive. Tiger Palm has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Breath of Fire.
    Frostpage for more.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Can someone explain the usage of RoP on M Gul'dan?
    You use RoP to position the Azzinoth adds. Unless your raid is going absolutely ham on the adds, there'll be times where you want to bait flame crash at the edge but you have an add with lowish hp on you. By placing RoP between the edge and where you want the add to die, you can safely go to bait flame crash while still keeping the add in reach of DPS.

Strictly speaking it's not needed if your DPS kill the adds quickly enough, but it's very convenient to have.

7.2.5 ptr

Brewmaster
    Brewmaster passive armor bonus increased to 25% (was 15%).
    Blackout Strike now has a 14 second cooldown (was 3 seconds, modified by Haste).
    Tiger Palm also now reduces the cooldown of Blackout Strike by 5 seconds.
    Fortifying Brew increases Stagger by 10% (was 20%)
    Ironskin Brew increases Stagger by 35% (was 40%).
    Special Delivery proc chance increased to 100% (was 30%).
    Special Delivery damage reduced by 70%.
    Staggered damage cannot exceed 1000% of your maximum health.
    Mastery: Elusive Brawler is now also triggered by hitting with Blackout Strike and Breath of Fire.
    Chi Burst has been replaced by a new talent, Spitfire, for Brewmasters:
    Spitfire: Passive. Tiger Palm has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Breath of Fire.
    So
    -You'll run out of energy if you're doing a rotation similar to current with no/low gaps (because you'll have less energy free casts)
    -Blackout combo is close to worthless now, the dps gain from it is nearly halved
    -No matter what talent your run it's a dps loss, no compensation
    -The damage buff to bof after a purify was replaced by a neutral change to special delivery
    -Only 5% nerf to isb won't change anything about cheesing, you'll still have 90% stagger with t19 2p and high tolerance(it isn't even really a sacrifice because t20 4p is bad in its current iteration)
    -Armor buff does nearly nothing(8.6% more armor when monk armor is low anyway, roughly 400 armor with my current gear which is about 1 armor piece)
    -Mastery triggered by blackout strike and bof is more passive damage reduction that wasn't really needed

so to sum up:

-Brewmaster rotation is broken, damage is nerfed
    -Cheesing is still very possible
    -Brewmaster may be overall stronger defensively except on fights where you pooled 1+ minutes of brew(which is pretty much only M botanist without a dispell these days)

So these changes do the exact opposite of what was announced 2 weeks ago, really nice
    Last edited by Mokuna; 2017-04-13 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    So these changes do the exact opposite of what was announced 2 weeks ago, really nice
    Badly i didn't expect a different solution...
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2017-04-13 at 10:43 PM.

Now i'm not sure about the "The data mined information is wrong" response we got. The interplay with tiger palm to reduce it could be what was meant...but it's just awful. Who is going to take blackout combo when you have to wait so long to get a benefit out of it? Why take it over the already competitive high tolerance?

I don't see anything to make up for the loss of dps from this, and I don't understand the idea behind neutering our rotation to make it boring and slow.

The blackout strike change is just way too egregious. I suggest we try and argue it on the forums and do whatever we can to make it clear why this is a bad idea. If a nerf is required i'd rather get a numerical hit to blackoutstrike rather than have our rotation gutted. I play BrM because it is active and fun. I don't play it to sit around and wait for CD's.
    Last edited by Geodude07; 2017-04-14 at 12:20 AM.