Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    in how we can cheese abilities like no other tank can.

Druid use his -50% with same effect. Its not cheesing its monk design, we dont have active mitigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I still fear that 5% stagger nerf. High Tolerance seems even more mandatory now than ever.
    I wont play monk w/o BoC. This is the only thing which is fun in this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    But I really like that RJW buff. I just hope the damage will be adjusted accordingly.
    One point of confusion that I've seen about the new RJW change: The tooltip isn't showing its increased damage, but the total damage per cast has gone up. The damage per tick didn't change. We'll get the tooltip fixed for the next build.

Yay, that's what I was talking about. I really like it in m+ already and it will be even better.

Helm is just some 910 with leech, thorny ass trinket is a low crit/agi stick. Shadowplay fucked up, so no recording.

Deleted
    Was about time stross.

And you're a Gnom, here is a Gnome-Five for you!

they really overnerfed the challenge, didnt even feel rewarding to finally get it. put in ~80 attempts the first mage tower and then came in and like 2 shot it this time (was away the 2nd mage tower)

Quote Originally Posted by gramz View Post
    they really overnerfed the challenge, didnt even feel rewarding to finally get it. put in ~80 attempts the first mage tower and then came in and like 2 shot it this time (was away the 2nd mage tower)
    That's a pretty shit way of thinking.

A skin that takes possibly hundreds of attempts or certain legendaries or extreme ilvl (mostly trinkets) shouldn't really exist if it's not even remotely in line with the other challenges.

For example, it took two attempts to complete the windwalker challenge with a 39 weapon and whatever gear I use for tanking. 880s dps are beating all of their challenges week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    That's a pretty shit way of thinking.

A skin that takes possibly hundreds of attempts or certain legendaries or extreme ilvl (mostly trinkets) shouldn't really exist if it's not even remotely in line with the other challenges.

For example, it took two attempts to complete the windwalker challenge with a 39 weapon and whatever gear I use for tanking. 880s dps are beating all of their challenges week 1.
    Yes the tank was out of line with the others, but with tomb gear it wouldve been fine. People just have no patience, now everyone whos raided atleast a bit of mythic NH will have it, and by the time tomb comes out every tank will have it. They really removed the "challenge" from it too early
    Last edited by gramz; 2017-04-20 at 10:03 PM.

Yes the tank was out of line with the others, but with tomb gear it wouldve been fine. People just have no patience, now everyone whos raided atleast a bit of mythic NH will have it, and by the time tomb comes out every tank will have it. They really removed the "challenge" from it too early
    If you're looking for a game with exclusive rewards to those that complete the most challenging content, there's never been any in WoW.

If timeless recognition is what you seek, perhaps try a competitive player-vs-player game, some sort of no-pattern bullet hell game, or sword dueling.

If the challenge is somewhat/mostly gear based (or in BrM's case based on if you can stack versatility, leech or just own the purifying legendary) then is it truly a good challenge? While some are fortunate enough to be standing atop a pile of leech gear or vers gear or having nice legendaries for this...it doesn't necessarily feel 'good' for others. I've finally managed to make some headway with these new nerfs and my strategy? My skill...not a bit of it has really improved but the mechanics have not really been the issue. It's been the health and the lack of sustainability i've had...as well as less bugs in the encounter.

Mind you my ilvl is pretty bad and my access to ways to increase Vers,leech or survivaiblity is equally terrible. However how much of a gimmick fight should the challenge be? The green fire quest for locks could be done on a boosted character by a master of the class. This challenge seems to be too gear dependent to really hit that mark so it's just a matter of time before it is obsolete by gear alone. The premise isn't that hard.

And I have to agree with Stross that it's lame how variable the challenge is compared to the dps one. I had the same experience of my dps one just being a handful of tries without really having to specially itemize.
    Last edited by Geodude07; 2017-04-20 at 11:01 PM.

If you think they removed the challenge from it then you might have your head stuck so far up your rear you don't see day light. Does it feel easier after putting in many, many attempts pre nerf? Yea. Is it easy? No, not by a long shot. The slap in the face is the difficulty has jack shit to do with actually tanking and varies so wildly between the tanking specs in the first place.

No tank is going in there and face rolling this after the nerf. Even with Tomb gear it won't be trivial and would probably take tanks who haven't done it quite a few attempts to figure out the mechanics.

Fact is it's a tank challenge and the challenge part has almost jack shit to do with actually tanking. Tanks who aren't already good at min maxing their dps, up time and cd usage still can't do it, and will probably struggle with it even in tomb gear.

If you're looking for a game with exclusive rewards to those that complete the most challenging content, there's never been any in WoW.
    I have Death's Demise title. Your argument is invalid.

. Even with Tomb gear it won't be trivial
    Its called challenge, so it could be failed. One with Tos gear should obliously l2p in this case.
    Last edited by Grobovshik; 2017-04-21 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    I think he meant solo. But yeah, I have my Algalon's The Celestial Defender too.

Its called challenge, so it could be failed. One with Tos gear should obliously l2p in this case.
    1) You can still buy the titles on websites. Nobody would know the difference if you've done it legitimately or not. The same goes with challenge mode gear/weapons.

2) 99% of people with the title got it on a dead server after heroic ICC was farmed to hell or even after Cata came out. If you wanted the title bad enough, you didn't have to try very hard as there were literally hundreds of servers to get it on.

Your argument is invalid.

The entire challenge now is "l2p", but it takes an immense amount of attempts. Obviously less if you're very lucky with SD and Stave off or have a nutty ilvl. But at no point would I look down on someone if they didn't have it, as the challenge has literally nothing to do at all with tanking or your ability to perform in a group or raid.

Edit: I guess the realm best challenge mode titles in WoD are exclusive, but were also cheesed by just transferring to a dead realm or by doing the exploits as soon as possible so that nobody could beat you after they got fixed.
    Last edited by stross01; 2017-04-21 at 09:23 PM.

1) You can still buy the titles on websites. Nobody would know the difference if you've done it legitimately or not. The same goes with challenge mode gear/weapons.

2) 99% of people with the title got it on a dead server after heroic ICC was farmed to hell or even after Cata came out. If you wanted the title bad enough, you didn't have to try very hard as there were literally hundreds of servers to get it on.

Your argument is invalid.

The entire challenge now is "l2p", but it takes an immense amount of attempts. Obviously less if you're very lucky with SD and Stave off or have a nutty ilvl. But at no point would I look down on someone if they didn't have it, as the challenge has literally nothing to do at all with tanking or your ability to perform in a group or raid.

Edit: I guess the realm best challenge mode titles in WoD are exclusive, but were also cheesed by just transferring to a dead realm or by doing the exploits as soon as possible so that nobody could beat you after they got fixed.
    Its still exclusive because it cant be obtained now. Whats you point? Nobody cares about what you just wrote when it comes to cool title/mount.

The entire challenge now is "l2p", but it takes an immense amount of attempts.
    Not really if you are geared. In a few month if will be freaking joke, like another local quest. They overnerfed it too hard.
    Last edited by Grobovshik; 2017-04-21 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    The Tankchallenge is not about dps, it's all about micro-management. (Edit: As a BRM at least)
    You can kill him with 5 Infernals active as long as you keep them synchronized so that they cast there slam in the same direction.
    Hell, as a BRM you are even able to survive 6 Annihilates as long as you have the belt to instandly press you back to 100% after the cast.
    So in other words, just be lucky enough to get the belt and be a robot

Got it.

Its still exclusive because it cant be obtained now. Whats you point? Nobody cares about what you just wrote when it comes to cool title/mount.

Not really if you are geared. In a few month if will be freaking joke, like another local quest. They overnerfed it too hard.
    The titles you're taking a point of pride in are still obtainable.

I'm not sure the random monks of the world are going to get 907-915 without any new content coming out if they're not raiding mythic.

The titles you're taking a point of pride in are still obtainable.

I'm not sure the random monks of the world are going to get 907-915 without any new content coming out if they're not raiding mythic.
    Unobtainable on my region.
    Point was - they overnerfed it to the ground, I agree it was too hard. I dont get why every random monk should have this skin, though. It should require time and some gear, like Balance of power skin did.

Deleted

Maybe you should understand that the Majority will not have 905+ until ToS opens. For you it might become a Joke... not for most Players and thats the Point, You have your Challenge now.

So please stop that elitist shit talking

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Maybe you should understand that the Majority will not have 905+ until ToS opens. For you it might become a Joke... not for most Players and thats the Point, You have your Challenge now.

So please stop that elitist shit talking
    Got it to 3% wipe prenerf with 906 gear. It doesnt require even 900+ now after nerfs, which is a joke.

Got it to 3% wipe prenerf with 906 gear. It doesnt require even 900+ now after nerfs, which is a joke.
    I'd be pretty impressed to see someone under 900 do it. If you can find someone, let me know.