Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yeah, it seems they're recently going overboard with "everything gives a stack of elusive brawler". Perma dodge monk inc.?
    Figuring how different t20 ended up from initial design, I think it will end up being different at release...

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Figuring how different t20 ended up from initial design, I think it will end up being different at release...
    Yeah, I hope so too, at least half the dps bonuses atm look like blatant placeholder "x ability does some extra damage", the tank ones are a bit more fleshed out but they do look all over the place, I still don't think more elusive brawler stacks after recent changes are the good path to explore, I think they need to take a different approach, thing is while 2 tanks get set bonus based on "this proc reduces your major cd" monks already have it baked in their rotation, and I don't think another set based around chugging brews is a good idea, might feel a bit boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Everyone is bashing fundamental observation, when the most threatening aspects of KJ actually make pretty good use of it.
    It's also really good on mythic Goroth for the sequence where he casts infernal burning 4 seconds after your armor rebuff explodes and you need a CD but can't ever afford to stop moving.

Yeah, it seems they're recently going overboard with "everything gives a stack of elusive brawler". Perma dodge monk inc.?
    Rogue BC tanking making a come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    It's also really good on mythic Goroth for the sequence where he casts infernal burning 4 seconds after your armor rebuff explodes and you need a CD but can't ever afford to stop moving.
    Shouldn't infernal burning be handled by hiding behind pillar instead of zen med?

Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Shouldn't infernal burning be handled by hiding behind pillar instead of zen med?
    There is a situation where he casts the circle on the tank and then immediately the pillar hide phase thingy, if you can position in a way you can hide away from your raid and not clip anyone with your circle then it's an optimal case scenario but you might not have a pillar that is far away from the rest of the raid for the tank to hide.

Deleted
    Just port to the other side of the room with transcendence, being behind the pillar counts even if you are 30 yds behind it. Just make sure it is in LoS between you and the boss.

There is a situation where he casts the circle on the tank and then immediately the pillar hide phase thingy, if you can position in a way you can hide away from your raid and not clip anyone with your circle then it's an optimal case scenario but you might not have a pillar that is far away from the rest of the raid for the tank to hide.
    As the above post said, you can be behind a pillar and still have the circle away from your raid. It's not complicated, especially for a damn monk of all things. Eating it with Zen Med is a terrible idea and one that makes you take far more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exploding Keg now reduces enemy autoattack damage by 99% for 3 seconds, instead of causing all melee attacks to miss.
    Developers’ Note: Exploding Keg had some unintended interactions with raid bosses which allowed it to trivialize some mechanics. Rather than making bosses immune to it, we’re redesigning the debuff slightly, in order to retain the spirit of the effect. A followup hotfix will restore the original functionality in PvP, and the tooltip will be updated in Patch 7.3.
    I don't really know or remember any raid boss where you could use EK to avoid any real mechanic. Only thing I can think of is Demonic Inquisition cleave for other tank or aiming it at raid to scare them for fun.

Sucks for some dungeon bosses/mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Stormstout's Last Gasp- Highest dps legendary. Zero defensive benefits though
    While I realize that this legendary is mainly offensively oriented, this is not completely accurate. Keg Smash lowers the CD of your brews by 4 seconds, 6 seconds if used after Blackout Strike with Blackout Combo Talent, also if used in combination with Sal'Salibim's Lost Tunic the shoulders are also providing you with more stacks of Elusive Brawler than you would otherwise have thus this legendary does have some defensive benefit.

If you can show me proof with logs that other choices are better for stats or because of the effect I'd love to have a look but I've been seeing people repeat this idea that chest/shoulder combo has no defensive quality to it and it's simply not accurate.

Also Crit > versa. Not sure why this is still a debate but simply put you're going to get much more healing out of Celestial Fortune than Gift of the Ox anyways. Sure both are RNG based, but one is more consistent than the other and it's not Gift of the Ox.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-08 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I don't really know or remember any raid boss where you could use EK to avoid any real mechanic. Only thing I can think of is Demonic Inquisition cleave for other tank or aiming it at raid to scare them for fun.

Sucks for some dungeon bosses/mobs.
    You must've not been using it to its fullest potential for a pretty long time.

Prevented the Gathering Storm thing damage on Elerethe. It prevented the slam damage and knockback on the Fel Lord in Arcway, which is crazy on Tyrannical. Has other uses, but I'm too lazy to type them out right now.

Exploding Keg now reduces enemy autoattack damage by 99% for 3 seconds, instead of causing all melee attacks to miss.
    Developers' Note: Exploding Keg had some unintended interactions with raid bosses which allowed it to trivialize some mechanics. Rather than making bosses immune to it, we're redesigning the debuff slightly, in order to retain the spirit of the effect. A followup hotfix will restore the original functionality in PvP, and the tooltip will be updated in Patch 7.3.
    Shit. It was really helpful in Arcway (party, believe me and make leap of faith).

@keqe: How you feel with high haste now? Is it suitable in ToS? Have obtained a bunch of haste gear and now thinking about re-equipment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    You must've not been using it to its fullest potential for a pretty long time.

Prevented the Gathering Storm thing damage on Elerethe. It prevented the slam damage and knockback on the Fel Lord in Arcway, which is crazy on Tyrannical. Has other uses, but I'm too lazy to type them out right now.
    True it prevented damage from elerethe for 3s. Forgot that. But what else? The post specified RAID bosses. Dungeons had tons of uses for it obviously, as I did mention.
    Last edited by keqe; 2017-07-08 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    True it prevented damage from elerethe for 3s. Forgot that. But what else? The post specified RAID bosses. Dungeons had tons of uses for it obviously, as I did mention.
    I'm not really hooked into the ownedcore machine, but I'm sure it's something major with at least one of the last 3 bosses of the tier for them to require an immediate hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post

@keqe: How you feel with high haste now? Is it suitable in ToS? Have obtained a bunch of haste gear and now thinking about re-equipment
    For avatar/KJ high tolerance is kind of must. With it you don't really need any haste from gear. So for pure defensive purposes it is quite bad.

With BoC and shoulders it seems having 20%+ haste makes it much better as you can sustain using BoS on CD without sacrificing other ability usage. And it isn't that much stats sacrificed to get that 20%+ haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I'm not really hooked into the ownedcore machine, but I'm sure it's something major with at least one of the last 3 bosses of the tier for them to require an immediate hotfix.
    It can be that there is some hidden KJ mythic mechanic where it worked. Didn't work on Maiden smash, any Avatar ability, or Felclaw for sure.

could be something significant about tanking KJ for a while with felclaw stacks?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    could be something significant about tanking KJ for a while with felclaw stacks?
    99% reduction works the same for it so it can't be the reason for the change.

you could also dodge fel scythe on inquisition. I don't think this was a hot fix for the world first race so much as a general cutback of our cheese potential. Considering how we're still strong, I would much rather they tone back our cheese than hit us elsewhere.

Deleted
    You can dodge fel scythes by gaming elusive brawler stacks anyway, so even if DI were a boss significant enough to warrant the fix, it wouldn't change anything. (Other than allowing you to help your cotank as was mentioned above)

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    You can dodge fel scythes by gaming elusive brawler stacks anyway, so even if DI were a boss significant enough to warrant the fix, it wouldn't change anything. (Other than allowing you to help your cotank as was mentioned above)
    Out of thousands of Fel Scythes over hundreds of attempts, I have never dodged a single one, according to logs.

Are you sure about that?