Is Gift of the Mists broken? I don't notice any increase in Healing Spheres.

Edit: NM. I understand how it works now (the wording of Gift of the Ox is stupid considering how it really works).

Was hoping this would add some sustain for doing old content. But the new mechanics of it don't lend itself so well to it.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2016-08-15 at 05:47 AM.

I'm about to hit lvl100 on my Brewmaster. Are there any guides to help get me started on how to gear/what I should be doing? I haven't played this game since MoP, if that helps.

BrewingScribe's Guide is really good and a great place to start. I'd also recommend setting up some weak auras and just whacking the dummy for a good while both with and without Blackout Combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalks View Post
    BrewingScribe's Guide is really good and a great place to start. I'd also recommend setting up some weak auras and just whacking the dummy for a good while both with and without Blackout Combo.
    side note: start with the DPS dummy , not the tank dummy to get a feel of your spells and their CDs. the tank dummy will just destroy you and leave a bad tast. this is no referance as how good or fun BRM is so if you want to start and get a hold of the skill, smak DPS dummy first

Should I bother with raids until Legion? I've almost got all the legion pre-event gear, which seems to surpass everything in LFR. I got my WA set up though, I've been doing non-stop dungeon runs leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Domilol View Post
    Should I bother with raids until Legion? I've almost got all the legion pre-event gear, which seems to surpass everything in LFR. I got my WA set up though, I've been doing non-stop dungeon runs leveling up.
    It's really just a choice of what you want to do. If you really want to see the content and check out the fights then do the raids, or if you wanna check out a harder hitting boss for example. If you're just wanting rewards, then I wouldn't bother. The gear from raids this late won't be that much better than what you can get from invasions/pvp/dungeons that can be obtained much more easily. I came back to the game super late and I've just been doing mythic dungeons for the heirloom trinkets and pvp for the easy 710 gear.

Btw, not sure about the rest of y'all. But I tried BM pvp the other day and it was actually really fun and quite strong. WW is also super fun in pvp now after they changed it so much (minus the rage-inducing roll/FSK bug). They've done a great job with monks overall this round.

How is the BrM community feeling about their position in Legion? I've always had a love for BrM since it came out, but I find myself now a little unsure about where they stand. I used to love the Mists play style of a nice big shield, and plenty of stuff to do, but BrM right now feels very much like you stand still, and just drink brew.

Anything you could say to make me think of re-trying my BrM again for this expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    How is the BrM community feeling about their position in Legion? I've always had a love for BrM since it came out, but I find myself now a little unsure about where they stand. I used to love the Mists play style of a nice big shield, and plenty of stuff to do, but BrM right now feels very much like you stand still, and just drink brew.

Anything you could say to make me think of re-trying my BrM again for this expansion?
    There is actually much more to do now than before. Guard was a nice spell but very detrimental to the gameplay. Now you have to think a bit what you are doing and how to handle the brews instead of pressing Guard to beat 99% of all things without thought.

The rotation no longer consists of 70% of Tiger Palm and we actually use Breath of Fire now. Outside of self sustain philosophy, Legion has been a big improvement in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Testing them out now, do we really not have any ranged AoE tool to get threat outside of our Statue? I know the old Keg Throw (whatever it was called) was a tad too powerful, but we've got literally nothing now ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Testing them out now, do we really not have any ranged AoE tool to get threat outside of our Statue? I know the old Keg Throw (whatever it was called) was a tad too powerful, but we've got literally nothing now ...
    Yeah it quite sucks. It's not like we are alone with this issue but it was kind of our "thing" which makes it worse.

Between a really long range with short cooldown on Keg Smash of roughly six seconds and all the other - rather close range - AoE we got, coupled with sweet mobility still makes us splendid at picking up ads. DHs are mobile aswell, but their Immolation really loses to RJW in the QoL department.

I don't see myself going with anything than Chi Burst in the first row right now, so that's one hell of a pickup tool if you can align it with spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Yeah it quite sucks. It's not like we are alone with this issue but it was kind of our "thing" which makes it worse.
    Demon Hunters can Sigil, Throw Glaive & Leap in.

Death Knights can Death & Decay, Gorefiends Grasp & Death Grip.

Paladins have Judgement, Avengers Shield & Avengers Shield Cooldown Reset.

Warriors can Leap in, but that's all I know of them right now.

Druids, I've no idea on at all. Never even looked into tanking as one.

I feel like Monks got the rough end of the stick here with this. Yes, we're mobile and I get that our intention is that we're at the heart of the fight quickly while other Tanks tend to set up for the fight from a distance, but this feels like a little too much. I really dislike having to roll into a trash pack, or a boss in order to get there first ensuring I can actually do the pull.

As anyone will tell you (and you're all aware) having a large pack being pulled by someone else and causing them all to scatter to the winds is one of the most frustrating things I've encountered in the game. Keg Toss (or whatever it was called) allowed us to avoid that. I'd like to see it return, even on a mini cooldowns (1.5 / 2.5 Seconds). Just something to let us gain some level of control at a reasonable distance.

Don’t forget they increased Keg Smash range to compensate, and with RJW you don’t have to bank on KS/Breath if adds will spawn in a second or two.

Idk who even used Dizzying Haze apart from slowing enemies since Dave/4x Chi CE were such godly pickup tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Then again Chi Ex is also gone and Dave is a talent now (probably default thou in raid enviroment). So we do loose some strength here but overall we are still fine.
    And like Redfella said, KS range really helps out and Dave still works wonders.

After playing the Brewmaster more thoroughly and getting used to the changes more, I have to admit, my previous statements about the Brewmaster being complete shit are wrong. I am starting to really enjoy my health not going down in a huge chunks how some other tanks do. Our health with ISB up, more so trickles down instead of chunks. Our self healing isn't nearly the same but oh well, I think I have accepted that. It will hurt our solo capabilities for older raid content but oh well. That's why we have other characters that are better at that.

Talent wise, for the level 100 talent, what seems to be the consensus within the community? I personally enjoy the more active talent, Blackout combo over High tolerance. I enjoy having the ability to lower the CD on my brews, cause my single target attack to hit harder, lower the CD of the ridiculous Breath of Fire CD, and I have yet to see how using ISB and Purifying is after Blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Don’t forget they increased Keg Smash range to compensate, and with RJW you don’t have to bank on KS/Breath if adds will spawn in a second or two.

Idk who even used Dizzying Haze apart from slowing enemies since Dave/4x Chi CE were such godly pickup tools.
    Dizzying Haze (Thanks for reminding me of the name!) was an amazing tool. I remember using it on Garrosh Heroic to kite the adds, I remember the amount of times in Challenge Modes I was able to just kite and kite and kite and basically take no damage. It was a great tool for picking up, and slowly down enemies.

I guess I need to get more used to Keg Smash having a longer range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have to agree that losing ChiEx actually hurt more than Dizzying Haze. Often it was just ineffective to use it because of its slow so you just pulled with ChiEx to gather stuff faster.

Deleted
    I think we all can agree that Dizzying Haze was useful pre-wod until we received Chi Ex, its primary purpose ofc was kiting and as a catch up mechanic in pvp... Did anyone test the BRM in pvp during beta?
    The impact of 15 yard Keg Smash doesn't feel like a big difference for the initial pull as they're usually about to aggro at that range anyway, however when it extends to 25 yard with the artifact it should feel quite different.

Btw anyone else feel like skipping all the BRM golden traits and maxing everything else first?
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2016-08-15 at 07:23 PM.

Though it's not something you're going to go for right off the bat, after a week of artifact leveling you will have a 25 yard keg smash range. Between that, and our mobility ranged pickups shouldn't be an issue even when you have to talent leg sweep instead of dave.

My biggest complain is that we lost Dizzying Haze, Chi-ex and Touch of Death, also that Statue is a talent. The spec is playable, I just like it a lot less.