I honestly think that Dave will, unfortunately, stay a talent (since DM is being replaced).

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't expect Dave to go back to baseline before 8.0.

The new magic damage talent is pretty amazing. It's situational, but that's how CD talents should work anyways. Wish I had that now for helya...

I wouldn't expect statue to go back baseline. It's a valid choice. I take it for any dungeon that I think I can safely drop it in, which is a lot. I think court of stars is the only place I really don't use it. It's even had some situationally amazing boss fights in EN. Ask any DPS on dragons who has a monk tank vs. a different tank and they'll back me up. It's the point of talents to make you have real choices.

The change to RoP is really nice, but I can't think of a place I'd use it over the other 2. It's super nice in pvp on a stun heavy team, though.

The ED change seems OK. I still probably won't take the talent.

I dunno. I hear a lot of chicken little'ing from other classes, and here we are w/ a good kit getting nice, safe fixes to our mostly unused talents. Even our mostly-worthless legendaries are getting significant boosts to them. The new one, though, needs an ICD or something. That thing is way too good. Like...way too good.

Anyone has a WeakAura that calculates how much damage you purified in your last combat?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Anyone has a WeakAura that calculates how much damage you purified in your last combat?
    At least you can use https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/skadastagger

Translit made such a WA just now: https://wago.io/N1tiu3eQz (Well, not last combat, but last purify).
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifu View Post
    The ED change seems OK. I still probably won't take the talent.
    I think it's far too modest a buff to bring it up into line with the reliable power of BC or the simplicity of HT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    I think it's far too modest a buff to bring it up into line with the reliable power of BC or the simplicity of HT.
    Couldn't agree more, again a step in the right direction in that they are clearly looking at that tier, but they need to do far more to make me swap from BoC/HT(/wave M Guarm)

Nice to see the legendary boots got a buff
    "Firestone Walkers - Fortifying Brew Cooldown now reduced by 2 seconds up to a maximum of 6 seconds, up from 1 second with a maximum of 4 seconds."
    Still seems very lacklustre outside of high M+ runs.

Deleted
    Will the new ED by go-to for spamming higher mythics as brewmaster where damage matters quite a bit. Or will there simply not be enough brew or damage going around to make purifying often worth it?

I hope it'll be a viable upgrade for outgeared mythics. For instance an 880 monk doing 7-9's.
    Last edited by mmoc448a445bf2; 2016-12-07 at 06:28 PM.

there is a new powerfull looking talent for magic damage AAAAAAND its nerfed already.
    Well 100% of Stagger against Magic was probably too powerfull in blizzards view (why announce when they nerf it right away..)
    at least we could skill for 63% magic stagger (with HT and ISB up)

Quote Originally Posted by Erebzion View Post
    Couldn't agree more, again a step in the right direction in that they are clearly looking at that tier, but they need to do far more to make me swap from BoC/HT(/wave M Guarm)
    I always figured Guarm, with its flashing fangs attack, was a perfect fit for ED. You have this very predictable reliable moment where you can guarantee to get a huge purify off, which is where ED seems to be designed to shine.

Deleted
    I always figured Guarm, with its flashing fangs attack, was a perfect fit for ED. You have this very predictable reliable moment where you can guarantee to get a huge purify off, which is where ED seems to be designed to shine.
    Yeha, sure, you'll purify more after Fangs, but for the rest of the fight the boss hits you like a truck without HT.
    And if i compare our kill with other Mythics kills without HT they say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    there is a new powerfull looking talent for magic damage AAAAAAND its nerfed already.
    Well 100% of Stagger against Magic was probably too powerfull in blizzards view (why announce when they nerf it right away..)
    at least we could skill for 63% magic stagger (with HT and ISB up)
    With that talent, isn't it making it into 90% magic dmg. stagger? 100% sounded way too cheesy to be true anyway.

I read it as 100% of your stagger works against magic, not that you'll have 100% stagger when you activate it.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

I don't know if the talent is multiplicative or additive.

Is it 50%*140% for 70% of your stagger working against magic or is it 50%+40% for 90%.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Someone posted their results in another thread. Comes out to 56% without high tolerance. 80% (with isb) at half is 40% then take 40% of that which is 16% added together.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedMagician View Post
    Someone posted their results in another thread. Comes out to 56% without high tolerance. 80% (with isb) at half is 40% then take 40% of that which is 16% added together.
    everything looks like it is *40% of stagger value. +40% doesent make sence espacially after the tooltip change to normal stagger

old: halve its value against magic damage
    new: 50% of its value

Let's all be honest about the old implementation...it was going to be way too powerful. You'd never need a CD for magic damage outside of that which is really taking away a defining thing for tanks. Part of learning new fights is (usually) learning where you'll need CDs. I soak a tentacle on M-Helya, and planning around that as well as breaths then anchor slam in P2 is interesting. If I could have just used active to get the same effect it really would have been imbalanced.

With the new implementation, though, I'm not really excited. I think it will get used even less than before (which is to say never). An additional 16% stagger isn't even a CD. There are so few fights it would even matter on, and DM actually gave a big magic CD. 16% isn't enough if we're going to take the damage anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxxe View Post
    Nice to see the legendary boots got a buff
    "Firestone Walkers - Fortifying Brew Cooldown now reduced by 2 seconds up to a maximum of 6 seconds, up from 1 second with a maximum of 4 seconds."
    Still seems very lacklustre outside of high M+ runs.
    The boots are already powerful when combo'd with chest in mythic+, this will make them flat out ridiculous for it.