Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde (7.0.3)

We clear Mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde weekly. Just trying to get a feel of how guilds are doing.

I'm only seeing one guild that's killed him so far:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/8#boss=1795
    Last edited by Bullarkie; 2016-07-20 at 12:59 AM.

Struggling with mannoroth right now.

19 wipes so far, a few 21% pulls, one 5% pull.

We one shot our 23rd kill last week.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-07-20 at 02:31 AM.

I'm watching killars stream and they've wiped on manny plenty. It's going to be a fucking nightmare for my guild

Also wiping. We got to 15m or so. 2 Tank 3 Heal. About 25 or so wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Also wiping. We got to 15m or so. 2 Tank 3 Heal. About 25 or so wipes.
    We're doing about the same on Manny. He was at around 10m last pull.

I think I will start with lower HFC tonight.

We did lower last night and it was cake with the exception of gorefiend. We had one wipe on him because souls like instantly broke. Our damage on trivial mobs seemed to be insanely high. We did 1 feast him last night for the kill. I think he would have been a royal pain if we weren't able to 1 feast him. We skipped upper and just went to manno at this point. We got manno last night down to ~10% on a few attempts but the timing for everything is off from what we are used to due to the player damage changes and boss hp nerfs. I will say that one of the issues kept having was with Wrath of Gul'dan. It seemed to hit far harder than normal. Some people would get 2-3 stacks and just get crushed. I was personally finding it necessary to have a ton of heals pumped into me as a bear tank with 1.2M hp around 9-10 stacks. before the patch, I would take about 20-23 and be fine. I also found it to be super difficult to channel the shadowforce in the last phase into the pillar like I normally do. Without resolve and the trinket nerfs, it was hard to be self-sufficient for this part in particular. I am questioning if that will be a viable move for me tonight or if I am going to have to actually turn him around and get pushed back into the pools.

Wrath was definitely the biggest hindrance last night. We got about 14-15 wipes in and then called it. Going back tonight.
    Druid Armory: Furlesque - STK

Manny was easy for us. Archimonde required a bunch of fiddling as to who did the fires and overall pacing (but we worked it out). Biggest issue was fucked up P3 dance.

My feeling is that 7.0 Archimonde is probably no easier for guilds that have not yet killed it. For guilds that have killed it, once they work through the healing / job changes, it'll be slightly easier, but not hugely so.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-07-20 at 03:43 PM.

About 15 wipes yesterday. Going for more 2 hours raiding today.

General feeling:

Our DPS related to Boss HP is about 10~20% higher, so, transictions will arrive earlier. But the healing is a way harder, I would guess it's beacause ppl are fucking up mechanics as they aren't used to the new rotation and UI, so, for safer kills I guess you will need to add 1 or 2 heals (If you used to go with one Disc Priest) OR get used to new timers.

Taking manny as example, you can ignore 2nd Doom at P1 or the only Doom at P2 just by adjusting your Ring/BL.

From Watcher a couple hours ago

We've made a few more tweaks to abilities that were unaffected by Demoralized (e.g. Wrought/Focused Chaos) because they were "friendly-fire" damage. Those hotfixes should now be live, and will be documented in hotfix notes later today.

Raid Finder should also now be receiving a weaker form of the Demoralized debuff (many of the changes that the Normal/Heroic/Mythic version is offsetting involve things like high-end raid trinkets that aren't as commonly present in Raid Finder).

That said, having seen how Normal, Heroic, and Mythic have played out over the course of the first day of the patch, raiding has been easier in some ways (many combat times are a bit faster, even if on-pull burst is slower), but harder in others (healer throughput is more stressed, old methods of handling some mechanics are no longer reproducible, etc.). That's not the intent - were definitely aiming for "slightly easier" across the board. We'll be increasing the magnitude of the Demoralized debuff later today, and will continue to keep an eye on content.

We're also looking at introducing a form of the debuff to Warlords dungeons (Mythic especially).

Deleted
    This would had been 33th week killing mannoroth, raid off after 13wipes.

Gorefiend was far more challenging than Manno and Archi for us. Manno we entirely skipped P2 (second ring during the first transition with the imp spawn), Archimonde pushed before second wrought ended and during the third infernal rain (so 2x waves of infernals).

We killed manny after about 10 wipes. Lack of cleave allowing imps to explode cost us a few wipes which we solved by going hard aoe talents (those that have)

It wasn't really helped by people learning their classes and technical issues, nameplates being derpy and so on.

We kinda ran out of time on archi but he seems easier than manno apart from infernals hurting a lot more when they land.

Both seemed really easy. The closer camera certainly fucked with people, so did some strange bug covering the whole platform at least visually with seething corruption but all in all there were no new issues aside from slightly different timings. Healing seemed a bit tighter but they also dropped way faster.

Manno died - although with a lot of luck. Archi was a bit of a nightmare, when we tried it there seemed to be a few bugs with it. The worst one of that there was some buggy stuff going on with seething corruption, where the patterns bugged or something and the whole platform was covered (so there did not appear to be a safe spot). Seemed to make Archi unkillable without a bucket load of luck (we had 8 attempts, got to the last phase 4 times, and saw the seething corruption bug all 4 times). This was a bit over 12 hours ago though so may have been fixed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    Manno died - although with a lot of luck. Archi was a bit of a nightmare, when we tried it there seemed to be a few bugs with it. The worst one of that there was some buggy stuff going on with seething corruption, where the patterns bugged or something and the whole platform was covered (so there did not appear to be a safe spot). Seemed to make Archi unkillable without a bucket load of luck (we had 8 attempts, got to the last phase 4 times, and saw the seething corruption bug all 4 times). This was a bit over 12 hours ago though so may have been fixed since then.
    It's not fixed, but it was only a graphical bug anyway. If you'd done some research you'd have seen it was a thing yesterday aswell, and that while the entire platform appeared to be on fire, the safe zone was still safe. Just had to actually not be scared of the harmless fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's not fixed, but it was only a graphical bug anyway. If you'd done some research you'd have seen it was a thing yesterday aswell, and that while the entire platform appeared to be on fire, the safe zone was still safe. Just had to actually not be scared of the harmless fire.
    How do you tell which fire is harmless?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    How do you tell which fire is harmless?
    The initial patterns held no fire for us, so we could tell from the first one if it was right-left-back mid/left, or left-right-left or left-left-right. They all have different starting positions, so you just need the first one to know the next two steps.

If you actually encountered the first one being entirely immolated, yea, there's really nothing you can do there.

Both were easier than pre 7.0 yet Mannoroth require 2-3 pulls to re-setup the timers and the bugged Dance of Archimonde will cost you some wipes too.

As of ~9:30 tonight EST (Wednesday), the Archimonde P3 fire was fixed. We did our usual weekly sale.

Overall the nerf to wrought and health produced a significantly faster and easier fight in my opinion. Biggest change was we had a different class do fire soaking in p1/p2 (off tank instead of a disc priest).