Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Unhappy How many of you guys got silenced already?

I told someone to kill themselves and got silenced.

THE INJUSTICE.

Deleted
    Numbers will probably rise seeing that it is, unlike Blizzard has stated, automated.

Asmongold asked people on stream to report him for saying "I love Warcraft" and after 40 seconds, he got a timeout.

Asmongold did it as a test, and will probably be un-silenced after a ticket.
    The system is nice, and hopefully people that abuse it will see severe punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Numbers will probably rise seeing that it is, unlike Blizzard has stated, automated.

Asmongold asked people on stream to report him for saying "I love Warcraft" and after 40 seconds, he got a timeout.
    I don't even get why anyone expected any different. Without it being automated, how exactly would it be any different to the pre-legion System?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would the abusers of the system be punished?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    This is why I love asmongold - he's always testing everything out PROPER

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    How would the abusers of the system be punished?
    Blizzard will investigate cases and determine whether or not the reports were legitimate or abusive.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Blizzard will investigate cases and determine whether or not the reports were legitimate or abusive.
    I understand that part, but lets just say i want to be a dick and spam everyone in trade for spam or try to get crowd to mob report someone because for whatever reason.

Would I receive punishment? or would i just simply not be allowed to report someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blizzard always thinks of ways to curb jerks, such as the idea in Hearthstone being so vague/etc with emotes.. They want to curb the amount of players being jackass's in trade like Goon Squad trolls on Mal'Ganis NA - so basically, the system was SUPPOSED to be "not automated" - but we damn well fucking knew it was going to be automated.

*shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I understand that part, but lets just say i want to be a dick and spam everyone in trade for spam or try to get crowd to mob report someone because for whatever reason.

Would I receive punishment? or would i just simply not be allowed to report someone.
    We don't know. I think you should get a short suspension myself since you're basically screwing with other people's game experience with no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you people still play their shit? Do you honestly expect Blizzard to not either over react or under compensate? Given the history? There is no middle with them. Yet... here we go again.

Don't be dicks... how hard is it to understand? Don't troll and fuck with people just because. Be a human being. Not hard to live by in RL but for some reason the internet makes people stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post

How is this a new system if there is a topic from 2011 about it??
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140508135

finally all the deputy-sheriffs and hobby-fascists have their tool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    How is this a new system if there is a topic from 2011 about it??
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140508135
    If they already had that, why would they announce a change with the prepatch, that stated that AFTER reviewing it a silence would be given or not.
    But as it stands, Blizzard either didn't enable the new system yet or they flat out lied. Choose one

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Asmongold did it as a test, and will probably be un-silenced after a ticket.
    The system is nice, and hopefully people that abuse it will see severe punishment.
    LFG kicking says lol no.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Don't be dicks... how hard is it to understand? Don't troll and fuck with people just because. Be a human being. Not hard to live by in RL but for some reason the internet makes people stupid.
    Because what Asmongold did in his video depicting the fact this silence system is automatic was totally him being a dick...oh wait, he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Because what Asmongold did in his video depicting the fact this silence system is automatic was totally him being a dick...oh wait, he wasn't.
    This. Proof already the system can be abused and is utter shite.

Deleted
    When I saw the announcement, I instantly thought:
    "Well that's not how it will go. There will be FAAAAAR more reports then there are GMs so they will never end reviewing. They will add in automated detection."

And guess what I was wrong... not detection for swear words or common insults (which would be understandable, not great but would do the job) but FULL automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I fail to see the relevance... the OP told someone to kill themselves and was silenced... I responded don't be a dick. Has nothing to do with if the system can be abused.