Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Asmongold encouraged people to report him and give busy GM useless extrawork to do on purpose. Silence deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    Asmongold encouraged people to report him and give busy GM useless extrawork to do on purpose. Silence deserved.
    The problem is there was no GM involved whatsoever.

How do you not realize that a system where one person can gather all of his friends, report one dude, and get him silenced for no reason is incredibly broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't claim to know how their system works. However, when LOTS of reports do come in at the same time, I'm sure they have a system in place for that, followed up it with an investigation.
    Well if you were paying the slightest bit of attention to the details of what we were talking about in this thread, you would understand that clever players already discovered the new silence penalty is in fact automatically activated after a certain number of reports, with no prior review and it does not matter what you say or where you said it at all. So it is in fact as vulnerable to abuse as most of us assumed it would be.

Besides a few well known players, popular streamers and such getting the silence penalty, several of us are seeing well known players on our realms getting penalized as well for doing nothing more than using chat channels.

On an aside, my realm also has a very large population of Chinese players. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that many of them have a;ready been reported and silenced for no reason whatsoever other than they're Chinese and they write in Chinese in chat channels to interact with other Chinese players.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-21 at 07:22 AM.

I thought this was a single player RPG, how are people getting reported by others?

Deleted
    I wouldn't know; I tend to keep my chats to /g and I don't speak much there either.

Again, you're assuming they were doing nothing wrong - we don't know the details.
    YOU are assuming we don't know because YOU keep interjecting in the conversation without reading the thread.

Stop commenting. Get informed first thank you.

We're all assuming he remained silenced for that reason, and not because he initiated it and instigated people into reporting his comment, all so he could "test" Blizzard's system.
    That's not against the ToS. And like I said before, if people are filing false reports, they are the ones who should be penalized. Not the person they reported.

I previously discussed this particular streamer and his video earlier in the thread, and my reply about his situation was basically as I was saying to you now:

We're all assuming he remained silenced for that reason, and not because he initiated it and instigated people into reporting his comment, all so he could "test" Blizzard's system.
    No, we are not assuming he remained silenced, we are assuming he was unsilenced.

But it does not matter that he was unsilenced, because the damage was already done.

PS: Wait, is your point that it was right to silence Asmongold because he was, I don't know, testing the system and that's prohibited?? What it is you are saying? Could you explain?

10+ Year Old Account
    I told you guys its gona be automated...but no...everyone said it wont be.

Now i want my money .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

This feature is easy to exploit nuff said.

Stop wanking with "hurr durr we dunnu if they istigated other player fufufufu" you looks stupiud.

We don't know if all those involved also got silenced - they may have been.
    LOL, your entire position is "we don't know things 100%, so we can't discuss this, la la la la la la I can't hear you". I don't know how you are talking about anything with other people at all. Because your "we don't know things 100%" holds for nearly everything.

I mean EVEN ZELSE GOT MUTED, if this doesnt look likes a complete mess....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Yes but I doubt the silence was 24 hours long and doubling in length each time it get's trigger like it is now.

So what 30 people can report you until you have 1+ years worth of silence? Nice!

Going with the assumption that 20 reports triggers the system:

20 - 24H
    40 - 48H
    60 - 96H
    80 - 192H
    100 - 16D
    120 - 32D
    140 - 64D
    160 - 4 Months
    180 - 8 Months
    200 - 16 Months
    220 - 32 Months

So a community with 220 players could silence people for 1 1/2 years just because. And when people get the e-mail saying: 32 Months of silence... they LEAVE the game for good, doesn't matter if 2 days later a GM removed the silence. People will get pissed off
    the timer is only trigger when a gm finds the report, and sees if the person deserves a silence or not...

when X people report you, it silences you till a GM can figure out if your innocent or not

your innocent your unsilenced, your at fault you get the 24H then the 48H etc

its not going to be the automated silencing perma, its automated temp silencing
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I never said we shouldn't discuss it :P

I just feel we should refrain from saying we know things with absolute certainty.
    We refrain from saying we know things with absolute certainty. It *looks* like the system is crap and can be abused. Satisfied?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Maybe for you it takes 30 minutes, I know people who waited up to 12 hours.
    Yes they shitty system doesn't work so they have to the same amount of work they had to do, if they did it the manual way... GREAT isn't it...
    Nobody will be "punished" for false reporting. At least nothing like that has ever been mentioned.

I'm for a system that works on "innocent until proven guilty" instead of "guilty until proven innocent".
    so you entered the "live chat" function on the wow website, and sat there waiting for 12 hours to get a GM to talk to you live? wow ive only ever taken like 5 minutes man

https://us.battle.net/support/en/hel...7/834/solution

there use that link to contact support, and banm you will be talking to somone in about 5 minutes
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-21 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Don't be dicks... how hard is it to understand? Don't troll and fuck with people just because. Be a human being. Not hard to live by in RL but for some reason the internet makes people stupid.
    The issue is not as simple as "Don't be dicks". If someone can get silenced for "I love Warcraft" you sure as hell can be silenced for arguing, but not necessarily saying bad or offensive stuff, in a LFR/LFG. I've been kicked out numerous times for trying to explain tactics or help the tanks in looking for raid. I said stuff in a strict way, but I was never offensive/bad to anyone.

I think this system will be abused and I think people will be silenced for more than just saying bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so you entered the "live chat" function on the wow website, and sat there waiting for 12 hours to get a GM to talk to you live? wow ive only ever taken like 5 minutes man
    A data point: I used live chat three times, two times the response was within 10 minutes, one time it took 3 hours. A friend of mine who used live chat once did not get a reply at all - he used live chat before, so it wasn't that she didn't know which button to press.

The only way is to play with Guild Mates or Close Friend since the community of wow is really faggy and retard like the LoL one tbh

We don't know if all those involved also got silenced - they may have been.
    This is your actual response? What the fuck are you even talking about? Even if they were silenced the fact remains that what Asmongold did was not a breach of the TOS. He proved that the system is automated, hence it's open to all kinds of abuse, hence it's already being abused, hence your circular logic and seeming inability to comprehend some very basic facts here is seriously annoying.

How is it difficult for you to understand that Blizzard told us the silence penalty would be given out after reports were reviewed and clever players discovered that they lied and the system is in fact automated and therefore open to abuse? For crying out loud, the frickin Friendship Moose guy got silenced due to trolls false reporting him and it was quickly overturned.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-21 at 07:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    A data point: I used live chat three times, two times the response was within 10 minutes, one time it took 3 hours. A friend of mine who used live chat once did not get a reply at all - he used live chat before, so it wasn't that she didn't know which button to press.
    interesting, ive used it a ton of times and never had such issues, max ive had is MAYBE 10 minutes....