Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Numbers will probably rise seeing that it is, unlike Blizzard has stated, automated.

Asmongold asked people on stream to report him for saying "I love Warcraft" and after 40 seconds, he got a timeout.
    Technically he didn't get reported for saying "I love warcraft". he got reported because he asked people to report him.

Damn. I haven't played this game for real in years. Anyone know the new center of scum and villainy? It used to be Illidan. I mean, back in the day I would AH an item on an alt and go on my main and spam wtb this for 30k when I posted it for 20k and some retard bought it. Then I did the exact fucking thing again. And the same exact fucking retard bought it. Then that same retard joined my fucking cash cow guild a month later. And what did the cucks do? They took away something great like cash flow because MORALS. About as cringy as Tai Lopez's KNOWLEDGE. In fact, so many cucks reported my cash flow pyramid schemes/ AH "scams"/etc. that a GM whispered me despite me not breaking any rules at all. Had like 1000 morons in that guild, just ran a /ginfo everytime someone joined to ensure it was an actual new account. Set up some bullshit rank system, bought like 100k worth of gold every few months for repairs to a select few figureheads and tripled my investment into that shit doing nothing.Wasn't even about the gold, it was just about the sport of it all and Blizzard ruined one of my fucking hobbies. All because this game now caters to the cucks. It's exactly like fish and chips with White Fish. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Technically he didn't get reported for saying "I love warcraft". he got reported because he asked people to report him.
    This is bullshit. He only typed "I love Warcraft". You're being an apologist for a moronic cause. Basically you're giving Blizzard carte blanche to policing thought crime.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    This is bullshit. He only typed "I love Warcraft". You're being an apologist for a moronic cause. Basically you're giving Blizzard carte blanche to policing thought crime.
    He's got a point, though.
    The test was sound from a mechanical standpoint. But this was also a controlled scenario. Not saying the current system works well at the moment, but it hasn't been around for very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    He's got a point, though.
    The test was sound from a mechanical standpoint. But this was also a controlled scenario. Not saying the current system works well at the moment, but it hasn't been around for very long.
    This is the problem though. By allowing Mob Justice Blizzard has basically opened an entirely new can of worms. This PC push has gone too far. It's lazy and a bad idea in general. OMG SOMEBODY HURT MY FEELINGS IN A VIDEO GAME!?! People need to grow thicker skin. I am getting to the point where I long for the days when these "Otherkin" Tumblrinas had to keep their mental disorders hidden from the rest of society as opposed to now when they've basically got a podium and gendarme of defenders.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-07-23 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Asmongold did it as a test, and will probably be un-silenced after a ticket.
    The system is nice, and hopefully people that abuse it will see severe punishment.
    Don't hold your breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    This is what I said in a thread about this tool before the patch. Good to see Blizzard living up to their normal standards by not being honest once again.
    To be fair, you really think a person was going to read every single report? There are millions of players, and how many trolls who will just spam report someone for the smallest thing. I wouldn't be shocked if they saw a minimum of half a million reports a day, and I bet it's a lot higher than that. Then the people reading them would have to be empowered enough to actually discern if it was a silenceable offense without asking someone. Customer service for this must be a nightmare. A better strategy would be if they just counted who reported how many times and then banned the spam reporters, because we know they are out there, where as how many of us haven't reported a single person.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, he literally asked people in the raid (who was in his garrison) to report him. He was testing the system.

https://youtu.be/skWzi3o4oGI?t=175
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I always feel like anyone with your mindset has told someone to kill them self at some point or another because they lost an argument.

It's funny how offended people that hate "PC culture" get so easily.
    I've told people to kill themselves for having more than one item over the express line limit at the grocery store. I am not offended so much as annoyed and tired of the nonsense. You don't find it a tad ridiculous that we now have mob rule controlled by overly sensitive people who can't handle being told to not stand in the fire because it triggers them?

I feel like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man. "You can't take away the people's right to be assholes."

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Asmongold did it as a test, and will probably be un-silenced after a ticket.
    The system is nice, and hopefully people that abuse it will see severe punishment.
    Blizzard/ GMs can mute your reports if too many of them are "false positives", from client side you won't see a difference, you'll still see as if you reported someone but Blizzard will just not be notified anymore. There's no way to tell if your reports have been muted or not, only Blizzard has this information. I don't remember how long the mute lasts or if it's permanent.

I always feel like anyone with your mindset has told someone to kill them self at some point or another because they lost an argument.

It's funny how offended people that hate "PC culture" get so easily.
    What if I tell people to kill themselves even w/o starting an argument?

My realm is quite cool, no one cares about silence penalties, we have "anal", "did someone say?" spams at least thrice a day, and people trash talk in /2 quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manthis View Post
    Nope, he literally asked people in the raid (who was in his garrison) to report him. He was testing the system.

https://youtu.be/skWzi3o4oGI?t=175
    Not in chat he said it on the stream. You can't punish for an action that doesn't take place in the game....

10+ Year Old Account
    Have yet to be silenced.
    Then again, I don't actually talk to anyone ingame anymore.
    Haven't been in any trade/general channels in years, people in dungeons may as well be bots, and voice comms in guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the problem though. By allowing Mob Justice Blizzard has basically opened an entirely new can of worms. This PC push has gone too far. It's lazy and a bad idea in general. OMG SOMEBODY HURT MY FEELINGS IN A VIDEO GAME!?! People need to grow thicker skin. I am getting to the point where I long for the days when these "Otherkin" Tumblrinas had to keep their mental disorders hidden from the rest of society as opposed to now when they've basically got a podium and gendarme of defenders.
    I think somewhere in that rant, you're agreeing with me that the system needs some improvements, or maybe clarify if/when human reviews come in. It's understandable if the first or even second reports were in fact fully automated. Beyond that I'd count on a person to make the judgement call if someone deserves a third consecutive infraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I don't have an issue with that because I'm not an asshole that thinks insulting or attacking people is free speech as opposed to just being an asshole.
    You don't have a right to "not be offended". Blizzard should revert this nonsense and tell people to grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

I think somewhere in that rant, you're agreeing with me that the system needs some improvements, or maybe clarify if/when human reviews come in. It's understandable if the first or even second reports were in fact fully automated. Beyond that I'd count on a person to make the judgement call if someone deserves a third consecutive infraction.
    It should be reviewed by a human before it ever reaches an action. Auto-silencebot is lazy.

I keep reporting spammers and people that cuss every sentence in trade chat (mainly to be a dick, as I can't imagine a fate worse than being silenced) but nothings happening
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not in chat he said it on the stream. You can't punish for an action that doesn't take place in the game....
    He said, ingame, and while streaming "MY NAME IS ASMONGOLD AND I LOVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!", and asked people in the raid to report him for abusive language.

Response from people in the raid:
    "Reported."
    "What are we reporting you for?"
    "wont we get banned for false report? LUL"

Pretty much indicates that he was testing the system, don't know how much more proof you need.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manthis View Post
    He said, ingame, and while streaming "MY NAME IS ASMONGOLD AND I LOVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!", and asked people in the raid to report him for abusive language.

Response from people in the raid:
    "Reported."
    "What are we reporting you for?"
    "wont we get banned for false report? LUL"

Pretty much indicates that he was testing the system, don't know how much more proof you need.
    Yes, he was and there was no offense committed by him in the game. You can't punish people for an out of game action. Further, it's a matter of the automatic non-reviewed nature of the system which is a bad idea.

Now, if he were banned and I mean actually banned for abusing the system via his demonstration and not simply silenced for "bad language" there would be no grounds to complain. In this instance he basically proved the system is shit as it stands. Could it work if were actually moderated? Perhaps, but it wont be for quite some time if ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be reviewed by a human before it ever reaches an action. Auto-silencebot is lazy.
    Maybe, but reasoning like that alone isn't going to convince decision makers who have responsibility over a budget. Pretend that you're the human in your scenario. What tools and resources would you need to succeed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but reasoning like that alone isn't going to convince decision makers who have responsibility over a budget. Pretend that you're the human in your scenario. What tools and resources would you need to succeed?
    An actual team of mods going over reports and viewing logs before going all Minority Report on somebody? If they don't want to invest in it they need to give it up.

In order to be 100% scientific in the testing, Asmongold test should be tried again without caps lock. There might be triggers in the system that auto checks for specific words or conditions like caps lock in order for a crowd induced silence to take effect prior to an actual human investigation.

Back as far as 1999 I remember in Everquest being warned by a GM not to spam because I typed out a full message in caps lock, and that's before the term troll even existed to describe something else than the mythical creature/race/toy and before our overly politically correct era.
    Last edited by Corpsefury; 2016-07-23 at 08:03 AM.