Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So I wonder if that multiboxer prepared willg et perma banned for abusing this system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I fail to see the relevance... the OP told someone to kill themselves and was silenced... I responded don't be a dick. Has nothing to do with if the system can be abused.
    Go kill yourself, killjoy.
    When did we stop acting according to "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    So I wonder if that multiboxer prepared willg et perma banned for abusing this system.
    Nah, they probably flag the accounts so the reports don't count but they will not ban people for abusing the system.

Deleted
    If this stupid mechanic is not removed within a week people will just stop using any public chats and WoW will become even more of a single-player RPG.

I have kept true to my word and I haven't said a word in public channels since 7.0

Do have my own private channel.

I cuss often. The new silence feature means I'm going to converse less in channels and instances in case I offend some people and get silenced. No more socializing in an MMO for me.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    If this stupid mechanic is not removed within a week people will just stop using any public chats and WoW will become even more of a single-player RPG.
    Or rather, a game where every other person in the game is even more of a blank, white, expressionless being that people don't care about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    I cuss often. The new silence feature means I'm going to converse less in channels and instances in case I offend some people and get silenced. No more socializing in an MMO for me.
    It's a sad day. Banter involving cussing now gets me reported? Thanks, Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Blizzards masterplan to remove toxic chat features and replace them with emotes in all their games is at full force

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    It's a sad day. Banter involving cussing now gets me reported? Thanks, Blizzard.
    Not even that, ANYTHING can get you reported if there are enough people around who just want to mess with people who use chat

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Blizzards masterplan to remove toxic chat features and replace them with emotes in all their games is at full force
    "How does our new chat experience make you feel? Tell us in three emojis or less"

Deleted
    "How does our new chat experience make you feel? Tell us in three emojis or less"
    But only those that Blizzard deems "safe and unabusive"

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Asmongold did it as a test, and will probably be un-silenced after a ticket.
    The system is nice, and hopefully people that abuse it will see severe punishment.
    Putting in a ticket for first silence would be a waste. As the silence would expire before they saw the ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I have to agree, blizzard fucked up with this change IMO. I mean I get it if someones being insane (extreme racism/rape/beyond derogatory slander, not SJW level bs, but we are talking, BAD SHIT), but by saying the word "FUCK" in trade, getting silenced is bullshit. You won't see me saying shit in trade anymore because of it, and it's this nazi bullshit that's fucking destroying our community. Bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

I just feel like blizzard's like "OK MARY SUE WHERE DID TRADE CHAT TOUCH YOU!?" It's like FUCK OFF!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I have to agree, blizzard fucked up with this change IMO. I mean I get it if someones being insane (extreme racism/rape/beyond derogatory slander, not SJW level bs, but we are talking, BAD SHIT), but by saying the word "FUCK" in trade, getting silenced is bullshit. You won't see me saying shit in trade anymore because of it, and it's this nazi bullshit that's fucking destroying our community. Bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

I just feel like blizzard's like "OK MARY SUE WHERE DID TRADE CHAT TOUCH YOU!?" It's like FUCK OFF!!!!
    It would be okay-ish if they had automated silences for certain words used... but they go in a blind silence everything rage

Or rather, a game where every other person in the game is even more of a blank, white, expressionless being that people don't care about.

- - - Updated - - -

If it didn't get you reported before, why would it now?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Go kill yourself, killjoy.
    When did we stop acting according to "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."?
    When the newest generation rates feelings above logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    This is why I love asmongold - he's always testing everything out PROPER
    Right. Because having 39 people reporting you in under a minute totally proves that the system is bad. If this new system didn't have an "Ok if this guy has been reported by 39 DIFFERENT people in under a minute he's definently doing something wrong" it'd be to slow and wouldn't even impact the game. What he COULD have done was approaching the issue like a real trade chat abuser would and spout profanities in trade chat until enough people had reported him. Probably wouldn't have changed the result but he's still being idiotic about his way of "testing".

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Because what Asmongold did in his video depicting the fact this silence system is automatic was totally him being a dick...oh wait, he wasn't.
    Isn't that just a squelch "pending GM review?" That's been there for a while.
    What happens after is where account silence kicks in (I'd guess).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    So why do they have the new system then? If enough reports already did what the new system should be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I fail to see the relevance... the OP told someone to kill themselves and was silenced... I responded don't be a dick. Has nothing to do with if the system can be abused.
    Because the point is this system, as it currently stands, allows people to be dicks in a new(ish) manner, by spam reporting people for saying pretty much anything, whether it's qualifies as derogatory/obscene/vulgar/etc.

In other words, the system to punish shitty behavior encourages even shittier behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Asmon addressed the squelch possibility.
    Asmon wrote about it and he ultimately received an email stating he had been silenced for the duration. He checked to confirm if that was new or not, and it seems to be. So he was hit with a silence penalty most likely.

Here's his long post about it all:
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sots72

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    If it didn't get you reported before, why would it now?
    Because if enough people want to fuck with others, all they have to do is report you. Whether you said "fuck" or didn't even say anything bad, you'll still get silenced.

So if there are enough people on stormrage (most populated ally pve server US) that feel like fucking with people, you'll get silenced if you're one of those people that they report, no matter what you said. System wasn't like this before. Shit even a multi boxer could get you silenced.