Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    No it's people who know that people will be assholes just for the sake of it, and report people for anything. Because they know the system doesn't care what get's reported as long as it get's reported often enough.
    So a guild can fuck over EVERY single person, just because the silence system allows it.

If they actually had humans reviewing the reports, nobody would give a shit.
    I prefer the auto-silence and then the person silenced has to put in a ticket for review.

Much faster results that way.

Before, you could submit a report, and nothing would be done for days/weeks. Now, you see the action quickly.

Makes the game an overall better place (except for trolls/griefers/spammers.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Look I don't get why we needed the "silence" automated I mean:

Old system: You start random abuse !@#$%$ etc. ---> Reported by victim. 24/48h later warning/ban. ---> hopefully lesson learned

New system: You say something that could or could not be abuse ---> Gank reported ---> Silence triggered ---> appeal silence because wrongful and/or silenced rightfully. ---> 24h later you re back. Gank reported by the same people because they now want you dead. 48h silence. ----> appeal silence ---> wait while silenced for GMs to investigate.---> appeals lifted. ----> back in game. ----> New report by the haters because why not. 96h silence. ----> appeal silence---> etc etc etc.

Massive abuse potential. In the hands of players. Yeah ok what could go wrong.
    If you can get that many people to dedicated their time to report you and try to ruin it for you as much as possible, you, my friend, fucked up.

Do you not want this system because you're afraid of it? Are you one of those that cannot write a sentence in game without atleast one curse word? Do you tend to piss people off by using "reality" because you like the feeling of superiority?

Seems to me like this damned dedication to try and prove people why this system is wrong is based on fear. Fear of getting punished.

Which you get into, AFTER you have broken the rules. Not because the other team said you did.
    If an acceptable amount of players (set by Blizzard) say you broke the rules... you probably did. Too bad, so sad.

I would even go so far as to say I would rather have chat banned for LIFE, than to leave it as it is. It truly is that bad and is harmful to the game's future. Young poeple should be coming to this game by the droves.. but are not because of the environment that has developed by not having checks and balances.

Love this new feature!

Last edited by Maudib; 2016-07-28 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    I prefer the auto-silence and then the person silenced has to put in a ticket for review.

Much faster results that way.

Before, you could submit a report, and nothing would be done for days/weeks. Now, you see the action quickly.

Makes the game an overall better place (except for trolls/griefers/spammers.)
    Okay, so if I get 30 of my guild mates to log in, we can report the fuck out of the chat for an entire evening. All these people would get silenced and a GM would have to review every single one of them. Is that a good system?

I don't think so, because people know it's automated, so it's ripe for abuse!

There is no protection against false reports, every report is the same and will get you silenced. And then you have to wait for a GM to review the entire thing, which can take longer then the fucking silence even lasts, so they probably don't look into it, until your silence is long enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    If you can get that many people to dedicated their time to report you and try to ruin it for you as much as possible, you, my friend, fucked up.

Do you not want this system because you're afraid of it? Are you one of those that cannot write a sentence in game without atleast one curse word? Do you tend to piss people off by using "reality" because you like the feeling of superiority?

Seems to me like this damned dedication to try and prove people why this system is wrong is based on fear. Fear of getting punished.
    It's not hard to find 30 people, who just want to fuck with others. It really isn't. If the system would be reviewed by humans and/or had a filter for "bad words/phrases" nobody would give a shit. Because then false reports would not be the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If an acceptable amount of players (set by Blizzard) say you broke the rules... you probably did. Too bad, so sad.

I would even go so far as to say I would rather have chat banned for LIFE, than to leave it as it is. It truly is that bad and is harmful to the game's future. Young poeple should be coming to this game by the droves.. but are not because of the environment that has developed by not having checks and balances.

Love this new feature!

PROBABLY? You mean like a 0% chance?
    Do you think this forum auto-bans people with enough reports? I doubt that, because it's RIPE for ABUSE.

/edit: FFS, you are one insane mofo... I would rather have you banned for LIFE, because I don't like what you say. Can we get 25 people to agree with me and get you banned from this forum forever?

So to sum up this thread shockingly blizz implemented something half assed again( who would of guessed?). Overall the silencing is a good idea but blizz once again implements something with out thinking out all the problems that could occur. Makes one wonder sometimes how they even got lucky that this game took off in the first place. How hard would it be to pay some people minimum wage to watch trade chats and such? I am sure some people who play the game would want to do so to make some extra money like stay at home moms, retired people or disabled people to name a few. Heck, they could probably get away with not paying them at all and just making their subs free and still get some people to do it. How a billion dollar company can't think of things like this is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    So to sum up this thread shockingly blizz implemented something half assed again( who would of guessed?). Overall the silencing is a good idea but blizz once again implements something with out thinking out all the problems that could occur. Makes one wonder sometimes how they even got lucky that this game took off in the first place. How hard would it be to pay some people minimum wage to watch trade chats and such? I am sure some people who play the game would want to do so to make some extra money like stay at home moms, retired people or disabled people to name a few. Heck, they could probably get away with not paying them at all and just making their subs free and still get some people to do it. How a billion dollar company can't think of things like this is amazing.
    Because they earn money from idiots who do it for free and the only thing that happens is, a GM has to press the unsilence button if someone complains about a false report. Or they just ignore it as long as the silence is below 48H, because a ticket can be open for that long without anybody really caring too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    A raid goes by you, you say something, the RL says in voice chat "report this guy" for whatever reason, you get silenced. (Then you come to complain here or onto the official forums and someone helpfully suggests that you are likely a troll and are not telling the whole story.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I think they know full well what's going to occur, they just think they are fine with some abuse, because that saves them GM time.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    A raid goes by you, you say something, the RL says in voice chat "report this guy" for whatever reason, you get silenced. (Then you come to complain here or onto the official forums and someone helpfully suggests that you are likely a troll and are not telling the whole story.)

- - - Updated - - -

I think they know full well what's going to occur, they just think they are fine with some abuse, because that saves them GM time.
    I'm OK with it too.. even if it's me that gets Silenced and overturned. I think it will do far more good than you think it will get abused. The fact that you think there are so many assholes out there to abuse it is exactly WHY we need the system in place. I'm sure they will adjust the system or develop a false report response that will take automatic action against them. Then again maybe not.. but I don't care. Better to have a few abuses than the way it is now.

If you have a shit raid guild that will report people on command... then maybe you should find another guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    YOU claimed it and I just commented on it. YOU are the one whining because he thinks Im pretending to be superior. So what if I am? Butthurt much? Also lol at your tv quotes to back up your insanely empty arguments. You should really spend less time watching tv and perhaps read some books. Maybe then you wouldn't worry so much about other people's superior intellect.

P.S. Tywin Lannister was killed in the toilet nonetheless from someone who he thought of as inferior. I guess that part of the story didn't teach you anything.

P.S. 2: You have got to admit that you are not suitable person to judge who gets "silenced" or not. ]I admit it for myself. Maybe thats what makes me superior actually.
    MY empty arguments... lol!

I never claimed to be. Thankfully I don't have to. We have this PERFECT system that is working as intended to keep people like you in check. Which is really what this entire thread is about is it not. Enjoy your time-out(s) I am sure they are well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

- - - Updated - - -

One would think but they seem to always underestimate the player base and how some will find any glitch, loop hole ,bug etc...
    Look how gear originally dropped in lfr where we rolled on it and anyone elligable could roll on it even toons not in the right spec. Then these players would either keep it, laugh at those that needed it or give it to those they deemed worthy. Blizz didn't see that happening and had to change it. Or look at the flying debacle. They really seem to not to be able to see the big picture.

Deleted
    I'm OK with it too.. even if it's me that gets Silenced and overturned. I think it will do far more good than you think it will get abused. The fact that you think there are so many assholes out there to abuse it is exactly WHY we need the system in place. I'm sure they will adjust the system or develop a false report response that will take automatic action against them. Then again maybe not.. but I don't care. Better to have a few abuses than the way it is now.

If you have a shit raid guild that will report people on command... then maybe you should find another guild.
    So if they don't add something to prevent abuse, why would people stop abusing it? If you can get away with stealing money from a bank, people will steal money from the bank. And since you can get away with reporting people just for daring to use the chat, why would assholes stop doing it?

Even if you are silenced, you are still viable to report others, so why would someone who got silenced not just report others, just because he got silenced?

The person getting reported and silenced doesn't need to find another guild he or she could just be a victim of a trollish guild hat gets its kicks out of doing crap like this. Every server has at least one guild on it that is known to be the troll guild of the server always doing stupid crap. This is just one more thing they could now do for shits and giggles.

So if they don't add something to prevent abuse, why would people stop abusing it? If you can get away with stealing money from a bank, people will steal money from the bank. And since you can get away with reporting people just for daring to use the chat, why would assholes stop doing it?

Even if you are silenced, you are still viable to report others, so why would someone who got silenced not just report others, just because he got silenced?
    Well, you CAN'T get away with stealing from the bank, yet people still try. So, I'm not sure the logic holds out in reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Well, you CAN'T get away with stealing from the bank, yet people still try. So, I'm not sure the logic holds out in reality.
    That's why I said IF you could get away with it, you would do it.
    It's a what-if scenario just show-case what is the problem with the system at hand.

That's why I said IF you could get away with it, you would do it.
    It's a what-if scenario just show-case what is the problem with the system at hand.
    I understand completely. But, what I am saying is, if they rob the bank anyway when they can't get away with it, they will also abuse the silence system, even though they can't get way with that. Sadly, the emergence of a punishment doesn't seem to stop them at all. So, what I am saying is, sure they do it more with no punishment, but they are dumb enough to do it anyway, once a punishment is enacted.

I find the fact that the OP got banned pretty ironic ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I understand completely. But, what I am saying is, if they rob the bank anyway when they can't get away with it, they will also abuse the silence system, even though they can't get way with that. Sadly, the emergence of a punishment doesn't seem to stop them at all. So, what I am saying is, sure they do it more with no punishment, but they are dumb enough to do it anyway, once a punishment is enacted.
    Yes, but if there are systems in place to prevent abuse and/or punish abusers, the will be less abuse then there is currently.
    And if a HUMAN reviews it, like they said it would be, there would hardly be any false reports.

That's what people like me don't like about the system:
    1) They lied to us about how the system works.
    2) They do nothing to prevent abuse.
    3) They even remove any threads on the offical forums to do with this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so if I get 30 of my guild mates to log in, we can report the fuck out of the chat for an entire evening. All these people would get silenced and a GM would have to review every single one of them.
    And all they need to do to forestall that is ban the lot of you for a week. You'd have the especially stupid to keep doing it after that. There, problem addressed..

Look, people THERE IS NO PERFECT SYSTEM. It's automated because it's far more efficient and if they do week long bans for abusing it like this the word will get around and it won't happen very much. If you're pissed about this, it's because you want to talk shit in public channels. Or you're one of those immature little people who can't handle that a blue mentioned it would be reviewed before penalty and was wrong. Because none of you ever misspeak, right?

Yes, but if there are systems in place to prevent abuse and/or punish abusers, the will be less abuse then there is currently.
    And if a HUMAN reviews it, like they said it would be, there would hardly be any false reports.

That's what people like me don't like about the system:
    1) They lied to us about how the system works.
    2) They do nothing to prevent abuse.
    3) They even remove any threads on the offical forums to do with this issue.
    I agree with all that. I'm just saying don't overestimate the self preservation skills of a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug

Gotta say, I've seen far less trolling and spamming on the three US servers I play on. People still discuss things and argue, but no one harasses each other for their ideas or goes overboard on anything.

Either means the threat of silence is enough for people to remain civil or silence is working as intended.