Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    That because literally every expansion since wrath has been the same crap.
    WotLK came out in 2008. You'd think people who believe everything since then has been crap would've looooong forgotten about the game and stopped caring about it. Hell I know if I would be as unhappy as some of the perpetually angry on the forums, I wouldn't even be giving the game a 2nd thought, it just wouldn't be on my radar. There are A LOT of good games to play. Try some of those.

I can't think of another game that people hate so much yet keep coming back to it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't see how Legion is relatable to WoD. The prepatch is the only thing out, and it hasn't even been a week... So, where are you getting your insider information from?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Lol another doomsayer sky is falling post? No thanks. Quit. Bye. Millions will play and enjoy it. For how long it yet to be seen. Byeeee
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing.
    I don't have too many issues except for your first point. I left in abject disgust very early in WoD's life cycle. Unfortunately I haven't had 11 fully kitted out gold generators pumping funds into my coffers for the last year and a half, so I've come back to an economy inflated 1000% and I'm basically fucked. It's pretty demoralizing to be honest.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2016-07-21 at 04:02 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've gutted our ability to make gold.
    No. They've gutted our ability to produce effortless, instant gold out of thin air while sitting at a table. They've reduced our ability to make gold while farming old raids that we need for Transmog purposes anyways. The people who were capable of making gold before WoD will still be able to make gold during Legion and beyond. The people who were constantly whining about being poor prior to WoD will continue to be poor in Legion. They're simply returning the wealth status quo.

This pre-patch isn't going great right now, but that's hardly surprising. The game isn't balanced around 100. While I agree the class changes are mostly negative, I think it's a real stretch to say Legion will be another WoD. They would have to colossally fuck up the patch cycle for that to happen, and I just don't think they're that dumb.

The question is, will WoW survive another WoD experience

how many times are we going to have this discussion ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

As a beta tester legion content is far and above wods. Do people have issues with all the class changes? you bet. But whats new, people dont like change. I love legion content, I like playing it, I like my artifacts, sure its a grind to get them leveled. But thats what these games do, they let you work your way to the top, nothing wrong with that. As for lore, the stories in legion are fine..if we are going to bitch about the lore, that ship sailed in TBC.
    Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They gutted the free gold piñata we have had for 2 years, nothing else.
    The problem wasn't that they gutted gold; the problem was that the made gold an important currency in the first place. That decision for WoD had stupid written all over it from day one.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I said it in the earlier thread I'll repeat it here, the pre-patch is the confronting and unpopular part of the changes coming in Legion, once it's live you will hear far fewer complaints. This is the pain without the awesome.
    (Not that I am completely sold on Legion being awesome, but even with how much a skeptic I am, it is looking possible.)
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

It's not worth arguing with people like the OP. You'll never convince them that WoW is any good anymore. May as well save your keystrokes and have fun playing the game.
    Beta Club Brosquad

God i hope it wont be like WOD.

They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing.
    They've gutted our ability to make gold by sitting in a level 100 garrison doing chores every day even when we're level 110.

Tell me straight - once Legion is live, and we're all level 110, do you really still want to spend the first chunk of every play session doing garrison chores, because to not do so is to deliberately and massively gimp your finances??
    Last edited by Banquetto; 2016-07-22 at 02:06 AM.

Utter ignorance in this OP. Literally everything you say is the complete opposite of true.

I hate to say it,
    You clearly don't. You wouldn't be spouting such nonsense if you did.

but this failure of a pre-patch,
    Not in any way a failure. Did exactly what it was meant to and you had multiple months to read up on what was changing.

combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part
    Complete opposite. Every major point of discussing had long thought out responses. Especially class stuff. SOOO much was changed from Alpha to Beta that was right out of the class changes. DK mobility is the best example I can give.
    What you are probably thinking of is where they read the feedback and simply didn't agree with the feedback and did what they wanted? That is not ignoring. That is called game development.

They've gutted our ability to make gold.
    You will make 2x the amount of gold you ever made in the Garrison in Legion at 110. I made 15-17k each 100-110 leveling session I did. You are just upset because you actually have to play the game now to do it?

For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing.
    Sounds like you are already not playing, so why wait? Being subbed does not constitute as playing.

They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons.
    No shit? Its a main feature of the expansion. You are intending to not use the artifact???

They've fucked over the lore.
    They did? How so? I loved the storylines in Legion, especially with the Argus hints during Velen's storyline.

Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere.
    You should try playing the game. There is very little green in any of the dungeons and neither of the raids. You are just (what a surprise) basing this off your zero experience.

Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions.
    This is the ONE thing you said here that is actually true and based on some real evidence.
    I don't mind at all though. There are still the mounts from the same old things like raids and five man achievements etc, there just aren't 100 reskins on every rep vendor like in WoD.
    I suppose this is a valid complaint for some one who is a huge mount collector, but is the furthest thing on my mind going into legion.

I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.
    WoD was subpar because all of the features they announced did not come into the game.
    Once you play Legion at 110 you will realize that the World Quest system alone is more content than has ever been available out in the world.
    That's not considering Mythic+, which is arguably the most progressive change they have ever made to the pve system.

You are a joker man. Although what should anyone expect from some one with that shit in your signature.
    Sums it all up really. Why actually do something that matters when you can sit and complain about it instead!?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

With the current baseline set for healing and tanks, meaning skill does not matter, it's going to be worse.

I sure hope not! I just came out of retirement to play

15+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts is that OP is reason we cant have nice things.

Pre-patch has been so much fun, was good they gutted gold gain from garrison

Also, u seen the emerald nightmare,the nighthold, stormheim, highmountain, not much green, unless u zoom down into some grass
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I think you're a moron, but that's flaming so I'm not going to say it. I'll just think it. You asked for my thoughts, after all.

I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning.
    Just because they didn't put every little fix you special snowflakes wanted =/= they are ignoring. You do understand the definition of ignore right?

They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing.
    Oh no, you can't press 5 buttons and make 100k+ gold per week. Those bastards.

They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons.
    Yeah, that is kinda the point of having artifact weapons. The pre-patch is just to get used to the new classes and their changed abilities.

They've fucked over the lore.
    If you say so, but thanks for expanding on your opinion.

Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere.
    The grass in MoP was green, not sure how that is shoving anything in our faces, but ok.

Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

What's everyone's thoughts on Legion and the future of WoW in general?
    See above.

I swear that I seen this same topic of comparing Legion to warlords 2 weeks ago.

Failure of the prepatch? What failure? They actually had the servers ready HOURS before 11am PDT on Tuesday. Be glad that maintenance wasnt extended till 6pm PDT.

You have an ability to make gold, you just dont want to do it. It is called being lazy.

OMG the color green...so triggered.

Is that the only reason you play WoW because of mounts?