Thread: UI Help

UI Help

Greetings - Please save me -

I am not sure what I did, so I am hoping someone can identify it, but (to the best of my ability to identify) whenever a mob dies when I play my assassination rogue, a ridiculously obnoxious horn goes off and it is killing me. Can anyone identify the source of the sound or have an idea?

I have a fairly limited selection of UI components including: Weakauras 2, Vuhdo, Skinner, Skada, SUF, Sexymap, Quartz, Prat, Nug, Mik, Master Plan,
    Masque, LUI, KUI, DBM, Bartender 4, AskMrRobot.

Thanks for your help -

15+ Year Old Account
    Try going thru your addon's configurations and see if they have sound and if it can be turned off, then kill a mob to see if it still happens. If that doesn't work (some addons only have command line configs), then turn off ALL your addons and then turn them on five at a time and trying killing a mob, if it works, then try turning on five more. If the sound activates after turning on a set of five, then turn off, one at a time while killing mobs, until it doesn't activate and you have your offending addon. Keep it off, turn on the rest and you should be fine.
    Cheers!

Mik has a sound option for events that could do it.

Easiest way to find out is to disable all of your add ons, log in, kill something. If the sound doesn't play, then enable one of your add ons, try again and work your way through the list.

I have to agree with the trial and error approach when it comes to such a consistent trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Thank you for your replies. I did find the source of the noise through the trial and error approach. Thank you for the suggestions.

Can you share what you found? In case someone else runs into it and searches for a solution.

Mik's is probably the culprit. sometimes when you set up a sound to play when an aura expires (like dots for an assassination rogue), the mob dieing also counts as the aura/debuff being removed.