Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kassy Dillon posts verbatim message from Leslie Jones twitter, gets suspended

https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/sta...15634511454209

Original tweet by Leslie Jones:

@DolphinToucher and you and your friends are bigots. If you don't like me why the fuck do you watch let alone contact me. Kill yourself bigot

Verbatim tweet by Kassy Dillon, conservative correspondent:

@lesdoggg and you and your friends are bigots. If you don't like me why the fuck do watch let alone contact me. kill yourself bigot

Kassy Dillon was banned without explanation while Leslie Jones remains unbanned. If it isn't clear that twitter is targeting conservatives at this point, I don't know what will convince you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter's moderation is inconsistent. What else is new? Lesdoggg(I fucking hate that name so much I'm only going to refer to her as it now because it sounds hilariously racist.) is now untouchable it seems. If you make fun of her in any capacity you'll be banned.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-07-25 at 06:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No see you can't criticize Twitter because, Reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Things okay on twitter: Calling people the "Uncle Tom of Gay People", making death threats, supporting Islamic terrorism, being a member of a terrorist organization, telling people to kill themselves

Things not okay on twitter: Being a conservative

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying her comment was appropriate but there's a difference between lashing out at your harassers and being a troll. Also, Twitter doesn't target conservatives. There's no proof of it but there is proof of conservative users who happen to not get banned, wonder why?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is she the racist black woman from Ghostbusters?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not saying her comment was appropriate but there's a difference between lashing out at your harassers and being a troll. Also, Twitter doesn't target conservatives. There's no proof of it but there is proof of conservative users who happen to not get banned, wonder why?
    Except there is definitive proof and this isn't the first instance of conservatives being targeted unfairly. Either apply the standards of your website evenly or don't and be transparent about it. Twitter's CEO Jack Dorsey has, on numerous occasions, claimed to be pro-free speech and says that twitter is a platform for "freedom of expression" while holding conservatives to completely different standards as liberals.

And no there isn't a difference, calling people bigots, telling them to kill themselves, and calling Milo the "uncle tom of gay people" are all instances in which she broke the twitter terms of service. Her account deserves to be closed down if she has such numerous and blatant violations. The standards do not change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    Except there is definitive proof and this isn't the first instance of conservatives being targeted unfairly. Either apply the standards of your website evenly or don't and be transparent about it. Twitter's CEO Jack Dorsey has, on numerous occasions, claimed to be pro-free speech and says that twitter is a platform for "freedom of expression" while holding conservatives to completely different standards as liberals.

And no there isn't a difference, calling people bigots, telling them to kill themselves, and calling Milo the "uncle tom of gay people" are all instances in which she broke the twitter terms of service. Her account deserves to be closed down if she has such numerous and blatant violations. The standards do not change
    Definitive proof would be the lack of conservatives on Twitter. There's a lot of them so you're wrong, sorry friend. As for her I really could give a fuck about her if she's banned or not but it's very easy to not get banned on Twitter or on this website for that matter. When people are banned it's because they broke the TOS/Rules and deserve their punishment. And of course, your cringeworthy signature of "mods pls no ban cuz im conservative!!!" says it all. Stop breaking the rules, and you won't get banned.

Definitive proof would be the lack of conservatives on Twitter. There's a lot of them so you're wrong, sorry friend. As for her I really could give a fuck about her if she's banned or not but it's very easy to not get banned on Twitter or on this website for that matter. When people are banned it's because they broke the TOS/Rules and deserve their punishment. And of course, your cringeworthy signature of "mods pls no ban cuz im conservative!!!" says it all. Stop breaking the rules, and you won't get banned.
    Legitimately one of the most unintelligent arguments I have seen on the MMO-Champ forums which is saying a hell of a lot.

So if she broke the ToS/Rules then why did Leslie Jones not also get banned for breaking those same rules?

I've never been banned on MMO-Champion, my post was a quote from a moderator who said that censorship is not an issue unless it's censorship by the government, it's actually a quote regarding speech, which both conservatives and liberals should fight for. Kind of ironic that you tell people to "stop breaking the rules" and then troll and attempt to derail the thread.

This is fine, everyone. Remember. Private businesses can do as they please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legitimately one of the most unintelligent arguments I have seen on the MMO-Champ forums which is saying a hell of a lot.

So if she broke the ToS/Rules then why did Leslie Jones not also get banned for breaking those same rules?

I've never been banned on MMO-Champion, my post was a quote from a moderator who said that censorship is not an issue unless it's censorship by the government, it's actually a quote regarding speech, which both conservatives and liberals should fight for. Kind of ironic that you tell people to "stop breaking the rules" and then troll and attempt to derail the thread.
    No trolling here, you're talking of conspiracy by Twitter to silence conservatives, the argument is simple because your entire basis of "proof" is Milo getting banned for inciting a harassment campaign and people in said harassment campaign getting banned for continuing to, you guessed it, harass an individual. All the other conservatives that avoid ban must be what? Fake conservatives? Conspiracy Theories aren't allowed here and unless you can post definitive proof that this is what Twitter is doing then you're just talking nonsense. And sorry if it bothers you so much but freedom of speech does not apply to websites, feel free to not use their website if you don't like the way they run things.

And I already told you I don't care about Leslie Jones or that garbage movie, petition for her to get banned if it triggers you so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Kassy Dillon was banned without explanation while Leslie Jones remains unbanned. If it isn't clear that twitter is targeting conservatives at this point, I don't know what will convince you.
    Er, it says right there using the link that she was reinstated at 9:36 AM today.

This is definitive proof of what?

/eyeroll

Censoring speech is a slippery slope that no entity can navigate successfully. Sure, they have every right, but this is why it's just easier to not go there at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Something conservatives fight for yet cry about when they perceive themselves to be victims of a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Unless they are Christian bakers who don`t want to cater to gay wedding. Then you`ll have every single ''progressive minded'' on your back, trying to destroy your reputation and your business.

You can't be very much with honesty or intelligence and not realize there is a clear political bias in Twitter's moderation.

That said, so what? I'm as conservative as a cup of black coffee, and as such, I recognize that Twitter is a private business and can have whatever editorial policy it wants, however fucktarded. It's not for the government to just "make it stop" or such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    You can't be very much with honesty or intelligence and not realize there is a clear political bias in Twitter's moderation.

That said, so what? I'm as conservative as a cup of black coffee, and as such, I recognize that Twitter is a private business and can have whatever editorial policy it wants, however fucktarded. It's not for the government to just "make it stop" or such nonsense.
    They can but the fact is that @ jack denies obvious bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post

No one is asking for government intervention; where asking for the rules to be clearly defined and applied evenly which there not. At the very least twitter needs to be transparent; either enforce the rules evenly or don't. But don't hide behind the guise that your platform is a place, in the words of CEO Jack Dorsey, "for freedom of expression" and also don't make repeated promises to ensure the protection of speech.

No trolling here, you're talking of conspiracy by Twitter to silence conservatives, the argument is simple because your entire basis of "proof" is Milo getting banned for inciting a harassment campaign and people in said harassment campaign getting banned for continuing to, you guessed it, harass an individual. All the other conservatives that avoid ban must be what? Fake conservatives? Conspiracy Theories aren't allowed here and unless you can post definitive proof that this is what Twitter is doing then you're just talking nonsense. And sorry if it bothers you so much but freedom of speech does not apply to websites, feel free to not use their website if you don't like the way they run things.

And I already told you I don't care about Leslie Jones or that garbage movie, petition for her to get banned if it triggers you so much.

This is a complete association fallacy. The argument "because not all conservatives are banned they are not targeted" is a terrible argument and not even remotely valid. The question is not whether or not you get banned on twitter because you're conservative, it's whether or not you're held to different standards and face unfair scrutiny. Imagine if you were to apply this association fallacy to other facets of life, it would be incredibly idiotic.

I already don't use twitter, but I can still be upset about the way the run their company.

I guess there aren't any Constitutional conservatives here. I find that odd. Looks like another successful business to me. I don't agree with their practices, but I uphold their Constitutional right of free speech.

Good thing something like this would never happen on mmochamp.