Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The voice of N'Zoth confirmed (Blackfathom Deeps)

Blackfathom Deeps received an update in WoD. It is full of Twilight hammer cultists and tentacles now. During the dungeon an Old God begins whispering to you. We know N'Zoth is the last surviving Old God on Azeroth. So this voice is definitely his.

So now we know what he looks like and sounds like. Do you think we will see N'Zoth this expansion? When and how do you think we will transition over from the Legion to the Void and N'Zoth?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Blackfathom Deeps received an update in WoD. It is full of Twilight hammer cultists and tentacles now. During the dungeon an Old God begins whispering to you. We know N'Zoth is the last surviving Old God on Azeroth. So this voice is definitely his.

So now we know what he looks like and sounds like. Do you think we will see N'Zoth this expansion? When and how do you think we will transition over from the Legion to the Void and N'Zoth?
    N'zoth Deserve an entire Expansion, to end all the OLD god Conflict once and for all.
    unless Blizzard decided to add one more old god, or we fight an old god on other planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping we do see N'zoth this expansion - there's talk of a new zone being added in a patch, I think it's a perfect candidate for Ny'alotha, the city of the Old Gods where N'Zoth sleeps - N'Zoth's prison is very near to the Broken Isles, and it'd be perfect if Ny'alotha were to rise from the deeps and surface near the Tomb of Sargeras. Rather than fighting N'zoth, it's more likely we'll actually be joining forces with him, however briefly. N'Zoth has every reason to fight against the Legion - he needs Azeroth to survive so he can corrupt and control it. The Alliance and the Horde can't afford to turn down any potential allies, and N'Zoth and his forces could have the power we need to tip the scales against the Legion.

'course, it's not as if N'Zoth is actually friendly - we'll doubtlessly have to be ready for him to become a major threat once the Legion has been thwarted.

I heared this voice few days ago when I was in BFD. Thought it was there since Cataclysm
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I heared this voice few days ago when I was in BFD. Thought it was there since Cataclysm
    Same. Pretty sure all the revamps with cultists and everything happened in Cataclysm not WoD.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersomething View Post
    Same. Pretty sure all the revamps with cultists and everything happened in Cataclysm not WoD.
    It happened in WoD or MoP. I know for a fact it did not happen in Cata. I am fairly certain they revamped it in WoD alongside razorfen kraul, but these dungeons are not max level dungeons (no heroic mode like the MoP Scarlet Monastery revamps) so most people never did them. Its a shame too because the new BFD is really cool.

Deleted
    If we get more old god stuff I expect it to be in another expansion, and not in Legion...

10+ Year Old Account
    It happened in the WoD pre-patch.

I really want to finally go face to face with this fella, he's caused so much trouble in Azeroth over the years, he and the Naga must be dealt with!

First of all, N'Zoth isn't the only surviving Old God on Azeroth. The only Old God that is dead is Y'shaarj. The others were only beaten back for the time being. They can (and probably will) return.

Also, there are five Old Gods on Azeroth: C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'Zoth, Y'shaarj, and a fifth that we do not know much of anything about yet. There's a lot of unexplained little things in the storyline, and a whole lot of speculation. But we won't know what's going to happen until it happens.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of big plot reveal at the end of Legion that states that the Burning Legion re-invading was part of the Old Gods' plans all along. They knew the servants of the Legion would attempt to use the Tomb of Sargeras as a portal through which the masters of the Legion could finally enter Azeroth, and they mean to use it for themselves to enter back into the world. It makes sense that they might do that, anyway. It's said that the Old Gods are incredibly intelligent, and operate through manipulation and schemes that span millenia. Hell, C'thun and Yogg'Saron may have even planned to have their remaining physical bodies (which were under imprisonment) be destroyed so they could come back through the Tomb of Sargeras.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzinoth View Post
    Also, there are five Old Gods on Azeroth: C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'Zoth, Y'shaarj, and a fifth that we do not know much of anything about yet. There's a lot of unexplained little things in the storyline, and a whole lot of speculation..
    I think Blizzard officially said 4 with the Chronicle. If I'm wrong, please link me some info, I love the lore =P

I think the text in chat was there since Cataclysm but there was no voice. Regardless, it means that they put a voice in for him! Maybe a sign we will see him this expansion!

First of all, N'Zoth isn't the only surviving Old God on Azeroth. The only Old God that is dead is Y'shaarj. The others were only beaten back for the time being. They can (and probably will) return.
    What if... N'Zoth has consumed other old gods as they were weakened after being beaten? I for one would like to see ultimate old god, being a fusion of all other old gods - huge being with C'thun's eye and Yogg's mouth.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty damn neat.

Yogg-Saron and C'thun have been confirmed to be dead multiple times. Their deaths is one of the causes of the Cataclysm.

Also, there are five Old Gods on Azeroth: C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'Zoth, Y'shaarj, and a fifth that we do not know much of anything about yet. There's a lot of unexplained little things in the storyline, and a whole lot of speculation. But we won't know what's going to happen until it happens.
    Chronicle says there are only four.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    What if... N'Zoth has consumed other old gods as they were weakened after being beaten? I for one would like to see ultimate old god, being a fusion of all other old gods - huge being with C'thun's eye and Yogg's mouth.
    N'zoth is still imprisoned according to Xal'atath and is the weakest Old God. Rather unlikely.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The bass on that voice though, pretty sure I just woke up my neighbors.

7+ Year Old Account
    c'thun and yogg are dead.
    deader as dead.
    dead dead.
    it's been confirmed multiple times.
    gods sake, how many times do we have to repeat that shit till someone gets it?
    blizz says they are dead.
    so they are dead.
    end of story.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The bass on that voice though, pretty sure I just woke up my neighbors.
    TURN IT UP!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCawU6BE8P8

Deleted
    As much as I find the Old Gods super boring (tentacle rape monsters making people go evil because reasons)... I would welcome it at this point just to really rub the fact that all the Old Gods are dead, except for N'zoth, in the faces of certain posters. The ones with Old God boners (tentacles?) and an enormous amount of headcannon. Blizzard has stated multiple times, pretty clearly, that they are all dead dead, except for N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    c'thun and yogg are dead.
    deader as dead.
    dead dead.
    it's been confirmed multiple times.
    gods sake, how many times do we have to repeat that shit till someone gets it?
    blizz says they are dead.
    so they are dead.
    end of story.
    Legion Minor Spoiler below:

In Legion when you do the quest the Diamond King, you are sent Ulduar. When there you're attacked by Faceless Ones, and you get those whispers which is presumably Yogg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Legion Minor Spoiler below:

In Legion when you do the quest the Diamond King, you are sent Ulduar. When there you're attacked by Faceless Ones, and you get those whispers which is presumably Yogg.
    for gods sake, the faceless ones are echoes.
    and they are dead.
    only because they can whisper to you doesnt mean they are alive.
    if we go by that logic then our gul'dan is also alive because his skull whispers to its wielder too.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlink7 View Post
    As much as I find the Old Gods super boring (tentacle rape monsters making people go evil because reasons)... I would welcome it at this point just to really rub the fact that all the Old Gods are dead, except for N'zoth, in the faces of certain posters. The ones with Old God boners (tentacles?) and an enormous amount of headcannon. Blizzard has stated multiple times, pretty clearly, that they are all dead dead, except for N'zoth.
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die."

Sorry, could not resist any longer...