Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I agree.
    The current max camera distance is just painful
    I couldn't care less about seeing my character in all detail swinging his weapon for the 3489238482348th time.

I care about my surroundings... the world itself....the (hidden) stuff that's on the world to pickup....my enemies...and most importantly my party members...whether they need help..where they are standing in correlation with myself and the bosses/enemies etc.

With the new setting the game basically once again takes away a part of the mmo feeling since it gives you the feeling that there's only your character on the screen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    AGAIN

ITS NOT ENOUGH

how in gods existent or non existent name is that so hard to get!?
    and again!
    IT TOTALLY IS!
    log in the game and check it for yourself, do you want me to take a few screenshots for you if you cant stand the burden of pressing the play button?

Formerly known as Arafal

I won't pretend I'm going to quit over it, but it actually hurts my eyes with certain flying mounts. If i use the Pureblood Firehawk, the wings literally cover the width of the screen, and my monitor becomes a flashing red mess of nothing useful or nice to look at. It's a real disappointment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRichet View Post
    I agree.
    The current max camera distance is just painful
    push escape -> interface -> camera -> slider to far
    im going into rage mode if i have to paste that in again.

Formerly known as Arafal

Didn't read that wall of text but I agree the nerf is absurdly retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    and again!
    IT TOTALLY IS!
    Thx mr literally not a single noteworthy achievement char for your valuable opinion.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-21 at 11:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Thx mr literally not a single noteworthy achievement char for your opinion on the game.
    you want to zoom out further?
    push escape -> interface -> camera -> slider to far
    im done here, bitch, whine, cry over the smallest change how much you want.
    i cant believe what this community has become, just a bitchfest.

Formerly known as Arafal

AGAIN

ITS NOT ENOUGH

how in gods existent or non existent name is that so hard to get!?
    It is..

Better to adapt :P

you want to zoom out further?
    Your brotips might be news to your pleb peers but certainly aren't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRichet View Post
    I couldn't care less about seeing my character in all detail swinging his weapon for the 3489238482348th time.
    I'd guess judging by the performance of most players here they were playing in ego perspective anyways. Going full skyrim and shit.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-21 at 11:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Are you actually retarded or just ignorant? I wouldn't have believed it either, but being scrolled so far in means peripheral vision moves way faster than it used to, so ye, you get motion sick. So much for your 'intelligence'.
    so these people who get motion sick dont play any first person games, or any games with a over the shoulder view like mass effect or gears of war? so why are they playing games at all if things moving quickly makes them sick?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Seems like a strange implementation. But then Blizzard is known for taking away good stuff.
    Must ask my friends if they like it In Wildstar my distance is untouched =)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    I won't pretend I'm going to quit over it, but it actually hurts my eyes with certain flying mounts. If i use the Pureblood Firehawk, the wings literally cover the width of the screen, and my monitor becomes a flashing red mess of nothing useful or nice to look at. It's a real disappointment.
    how small is your monitor? i have a complete shit pc, play in rather low resolution, and still its only about a qauter of my screen wide

how is this making your whole monitor flash red? ( i dont have the red one...)

omfg dude your playing with the camera fully zoomed in...
    Escape, Interface, Camera, max camera distance, put it all the way to the right...

Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-21 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    One, most people bitching probably aren't aware that they can still change their setting to the new max in Interface - > Camera, and are complaining about the new default it puts you in.

Two, the old /cvar max was way farther than was ever realistically necessary in raids. In fact, it was almost detrimental on many bosses as this unintended range would often cause camera issues on rooms with lower ceilings and unintended perspective switches at unopportune moments.

The new max is perfectly adequate for raiding and is in fact pretty much exactly the setting I've been playing on for many years (13/13M and raided pretty much every hc/mythic content just fyi).

i have to agree here, the view distance change is kind of brutal
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    A shit load of hyperbole in here. I don't think half of you realise you can go into camera settings and increase it, and when you do it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I tested the change on beta and thought "oh well, why are they making such a big fuss about it, it's really not that bad"
    Then I fought archimonde yesterday on live and it was horrible. Just horrible. As a melee, i barely saw more from the boss than his knees. Also, dodging the abilities and be at the right spot at the right time was much, much harder than before, but well, at least that one was intended I guess. Also tried Imperator which was also not really nice but holy shit, Thodgar the Train Guy. Holy shit was shit a screwed up fight with the new camera distance. I really hope they are not designing something like that ever again now.
    I had same feeling, when it comes to raiding I have nausea caused by this max cam limit ;(

This is really sad that after 2 hours yesterday I had to stop playing because I feel'd so horrible like I would play fps with fov 60 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Novocaine View Post
    A shit load of hyperbole in here. I don't think half of you realise you can go into camera settings and increase it, and when you do it's fine.
    It is not enough ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    u know we pay Money to them ya ? so saying they betrayed us is perfectly fine
    You pay them money out of your own free will and if you dislike the service, you take the money elsewhere. Paying them does not mean they'll bend over backwards just for you.

I'm saying there was no betrayal, unless you seriously consider wow and/or blizzard as some life-long partner, in which case you have bigger problems than the max camera distance, character models and whatever other reasons of "betrayal" you came up with...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    I do get blizzards part that for new players having to google console codes to increase camera distance and stuff is just not the way to go.
    I find it quite funny that they are removing codes so that players don't need to Google them, while at the same time pruning dozens of options from the menus so that players have to Google them (or use an addon).

and again!
    IT TOTALLY IS!
    log in the game and check it for yourself, do you want me to take a few screenshots for you if you cant stand the burden of pressing the play button?
    yeah not like ive been playing since yesterday

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    One, most people bitching probably aren't aware that they can still change their setting to the new max in Interface - > Camera, and are complaining about the new default it puts you in.

Two, the old /cvar max was way farther than was ever realistically necessary in raids. In fact, it was almost detrimental on many bosses as this unintended range would often cause camera issues on rooms with lower ceilings and unintended perspective switches at unopportune moments.

The new max is perfectly adequate for raiding and is in fact pretty much exactly the setting I've been playing on for many years (13/13M and raided pretty much every hc/mythic content just fyi).
    gz its not the setting i have been playing for years. what does your boss kills have to do with that ???

Somehow I don't feel I will miss these people. If things like camera distance not able to make you a micro dot on the screen make you quit the game than I can only imagine what happens when other things go wrong for you in the game and how you react.

I mean I can only imagine logging into my guild with people I have know for years and saying "Fuck you guys.. never seeing any of you again because this camera thing.. yeah that's right.. it was always about me and you guys were here just to serve a purpose of my enjoyment. Fuck you.. no one here is worth it now that I can only make my toon an inch in size on the screen instead of a millimeter"

One can only imagine you must not have very many friends or a vibrate community you enjoy in the game. Which is likely more of the problem. Although I know.. I know.. you are and EVERYONE in it QUIT over it.