Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

FnB on PvP-Realms

Hey there,

i played beta and found the "Fire and Brimstone"-talent very useful for questing (on the pve-realm).
    because of my experience i skilled this talent now on live-servers, too.

but then this happend:
    new id, looking for groups for the pandaria world-bosses, found one for galleon, joined and startet to fight - horde was there, too (me alliance) and BOOM, my incinerate hit all horde players near galleon, too.

now i am a little bit afraid of the questing and rare-npc situations in legion. i play on a pvp realm, but most of the time both fractions are playing WITH eachother instead of killing eachother all the time..... seeing a rare-npc and killing him together is normal - but with FnB i will always attack the horde, too.

is this intended? shouldn't there be an pvp-while-pve-indicator which causes that incinerate only hits the pve-target?

i dont know... but it sucks, that i can't take this (for me very usefull and first-to-take) talent because i will hit other players, too, even if a dont want it.

any ideas? thoughts?

greetings

If you are both flagged for pvp, this is certainly intended.

7+ Year Old Account
    "im on a pvp realm"

"my aoe hit the horde"

welcome to pvp realms since forever?

pvp servers dont need to ask you "do you want to engage in pvp" so using a aoe... will hit a pvper... plain and simple, no bug, no nothing, this is the exact same way its worked since pvp servers were made
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    welcome to pvp realms since forever?

pvp servers dont need to ask you "do you want to engage in pvp" so using a aoe... will hit a pvper... plain and simple, no bug, no nothing, this is the exact same way its worked since pvp servers were made
    nah its stupid that playing on a pvp-realm always have to "so kill eachother, bitches" - this is a kind of roleplay!
    why do we cant play side by side on a pvp-realm if WE want to do it in THIS situation? - nope, this talent makes it impossible - so i have to choose another talent or i have to injure my beloved horde-friend....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortiferus View Post
    nah its stupid that playing on a pvp-realm always have to "so kill eachother, bitches" - this is a kind of roleplay!
    Why do we cant play side by side on a pvp-realm if we want to do it in this situation? - nope, this talent makes it impossible - so i have to choose another talent or i have to injure my beloved horde-friend....
    because your on a pvp realm... why are you on a pvp realm, if you dont want to pvp whenever you see another faction out in the world? and if you do, then dont aoe, plain and simple, take off that talent, or simply dont attack the same mobs a horde player is attacking, or be carful

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and if you do, then dont aoe, plain and simple, take off that talent, or simply dont attack the same mobs a horde player is attacking, or be carful
    but i like this talent :-P its usefull!
    and i want to attack the same mob, if its a mob i want/need to kill, too
    be careful... haha sure, at the other pandaria-bosses i just spammed shadowburn, conflag und immolate... nice job -.-

7+ Year Old Account
    also why are you using FNB and not eradication? so much better... >_> but dude, your on a pvp server, complaining about pvping... why? why not go to a RP server (since you mentioned RPing) or to a PVE server?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    eradiction is for single-target better, sure - but i know, that there will be a lot of add/aoe-situations in the openworld, and there is FnB much better (i tested both).

i play since classic and started on this realm with my friends ... dont want to transfer to a pve-realm with all my chars because i know a lot of people during this years of playing here (yes, i would prefer to play on a pve-realm nowadays)
    (and the rp was because of your argument for pvp on pvp-realm - i find it roleplaying when i have to kill every horde when i see them, just because i play on a pvp-realm. for me its the posibility to make open-pvp when both players want it.... but its not "have to" for me - when both players want to kill the same mob, then they should be able to it (even on a pvp-realm))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiferus View Post
    why do we cant play side by side on a pvp-realm if WE want to do it in THIS situation? - nope, this talent makes it impossible - so i have to choose another talent or i have to injure my beloved horde-friend....
    This is absurd.
    If you're going to roleplay, then roleplay. Don't use roleplaying as a pathetic excuse to avoid pvp combat on a pvp realm while asking for an intrusive UI option for spells that should hit things to not hit things, it's in the exact opposite vein.

IF you want to roleplay, then stop using AOE, because any roleplay would expect the fireballs they were calling down to hit things in the area, not for alliance to be magically immune because they hadn't clicked an enable pvp-button. FnB shouldn't opperate any differently.

If you want to RP as a person who doesn't hit the "beloved horde-friend", then don't take AOE talents that hit things in an area.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    u miss understand me - it is for me roleplay, when i HAVE to kill horde-players when i am on a pvp-realm.
    not the fact, that i want to live in harmony during questing or killing rare-mobs

You're a warlock on a pvp realm. Wipe then out... all of them