Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I dont think I agree with her. In both cases its a person that decides to be an asshole and do something agaisnt the law. They both do the same active choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Everything is relevant in some context.
    And women do fart. I mean, if we're going utter to pointless statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And that is basically what the woman was saying.
    No, she was saying that an immigrant shouldn't be held to the same standard as a native, due to ignorance or whatever. Which is garbage.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-07-22 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, the same punishment.
    Doesn't change the fact that it hurts more if he'd do it.
    And that is basically what the woman was saying.
    still doesn't exculpate her from being racist.

I understand the point she's making about different cultures having differing attitudes towards rape but I completely disagree with the suggestion that this makes it somehow okay or less of a traumatic event.

The law of the land supersedes any differing cultural opinions about the issue and people should be punished equally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    No, she was saying that an immigrant shouldn't be held to the same standard as a native, due to ignorance or whatever.
    Not due to ignorance, but due to having come from a different culture, more violent, more sexist, more rapist. It is kinda expected that a person who has grown in a culture with higher rape rates would be, averagely, more prone to rape. While someone from such a progressive country as Sweden - much less so.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, she didn't.
    She explained that Swedish men are brought up in a society that believes in gender equality and therefore should be held to higher standards than migrants, who come from cultures where women are treated as second-rate citizens.
    Yes, she did.

Not due to ignorance, but due to having come from a different culture, more violent, more sexist, more rapist. It is kinda expected that a person who has grown in a culture with higher rape rates would be, averagely, more prone to rape. While someone from such a progressive country as Sweden - much less so.
    Much of that particular culture is based on ignorance. Regardless, neither ignorance nor culture are an excuse. Nor do they lessen the severity of a violation of someone else's rights. They'd both be the same-level of human garbage. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much of that particular culture is based on ignorance. Regardless, neither ignorance nor culture are an excuse. Nor do they lessen the severity of a violation of someone else's rights. They'd both be the same-level of human garbage. Period.
    And no one argues against that. The argument is that some people are less expected to fall so low than others, and when it does happen, it is a reason for major concern.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    And no one argues against that. The argument is that some people are less expected to fall so low than others, and when it does happen, it is a reason for major concern.
    Um, no it isn't. She is, perhaps inadvertently, lessening the severity of crimes committed by immigrants.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-07-22 at 10:30 PM.

Was Swedish pride ever a thing?

I mean did the concept ever actually exist outside of a theory?

Deleted
    While someone from such a progressive country as Sweden - much less so.
    Sweden is a lot of things, but 'progressive' is not a word I would attach to them any more.

A clown house is more descriptive.

When you join a society, you conform to its laws and customs.

If you don't want to do that, or if it conflicts with your religious or cultural beliefs; Then you go somewhere your deeply held ideologies and beloved folkways won't be challenged.

You do NOT go to another country and expect them to bend over backwards to accommodate you. Especially if you're a guest there.

Imagine if I went to France and told everyone I met to "Speak goddamn English and put away the Bastille Day decorations because it 'offended me'". I'd be a colossal asshole.

Immigrants, migrants, tourists, and refugees who refuse to or make no attempts to assimilate into their new home's culture or follow its laws are exactly that. Assholes.

It doesn't matter if people where they come from generally "don't know rape is bad". Rape. Is. Bad. In the Civilized world, at least, to force oneself sexually upon another is simply inexcusable. And the offender, especially if they're from a culture that devalues members of society based upon sex, should be dealt with quickly and severely to drive the point home that their old customs are NOT acceptable in their new home.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2016-07-22 at 10:55 PM.
    ~RAWR!

This made me laugh. Liberals never cease to amaze me.

I suppose murder isn't as bad when someone else does it too? Thinking like this is absolutely barbaric. I don't know what culture would say rape is okay, and it should never be apologized for, only punished. She's basically saying they are mindless beasts who do not know any better and can not be held accountable for what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no it isn't. She is, perhaps inadvertently, lessening the severity of crimes committed by immigrants.
    No one is lessening the severity of crimes. The standard one holds people coming from countries with traditionalist cultures to though - yes, that one is being lessened, compared to the native population.