Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Like, right now? No. As a whole, including its entire history? Yes, of course I am.

Live in the US.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

From Denmark and damn proud of my country.

And I'm happy as fuck

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Not anymore, and I'm ashamed that I killed people to defend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    There are downs and ups, but yes, I am proud of my country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no.

I obviously didn't choose to born here, this is still my home, and i feel good being at home. And i'm proud of what my ancestors did, they created a country oput of nothing, and manage to defend it, sometimes with nothing else other then just sticks, we discovered and sailed out in the seas of the world with nothing else then a shitty caravel or a carrack and a astrolabius, we kicked Napoleon's butt 3 times in a row. So yes, i am really proud of what my ancestors achived.

But i'm not proud of the gentleman that lead it to disgrace, our beloved politicians, once the most powerfull and wealthy nation in the world being nothing else then a slave economy of the EU.

Being a fearsome republican, as i am, currently i would gladly pledge to the service of some of the great Kings of our past, sadly, there is none, all modern local politicians are incompetent...

But still, i am proud, just because this is my HOME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brexit...so no...

Not specifically.
    Just happy I'm not a patriot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Yes and no.

I obviously didn't choose to born here, this is still my home, and i feel good being at home. And i'm proud of what my ancestors did, they created a country oput of nothing, and manage to defend it, sometimes with nothing else other then just sticks, we discovered and sailed out in the seas of the world with nothing else then a shitty caravel or a carrack and a astrolabius, we kicked Napoleon's butt 3 times in a row. So yes, i am really proud of what my ancestors achived.

But i'm not proud of the gentleman that lead it to disgrace, our beloved politicians, once the most powerfull and wealthy nation in the world being nothing else then a slave economy of the EU.

Being a fearsome republican, as i am, currently i would gladly pledge to the service of some of the great Kings of our past, sadly, there is none, all modern local politicians are incompetent...

But still, i am proud, just because this is my HOME.
    spain ?

i'm proud of america and its freedoms, but mabye not some of our attitudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    spain ?
    You missed by a inch.

Portugal.

American here. I'm less proud as I get older. The things I believed about my own people, i.e. that they were entrepreneurial, hard-working, risk-taking, self-motivated, individualists, has proven less and less true as time progresses. More and more we are embracing the politics and culture of envy, mediocrity, weakness and collectivism characterized by Western Europe.

Regardless of that however, I'm oath-sworn to protect my people no matter how I feel about them. Come what may, they are my people and I'll never have another to call my own. If nothing else, I still feel a great affection for my brothers and sisters in the profession of arms. I'd feel as though I'd abandoned them if they were sent to do the nation's ugly business without me while there is still strength within me for the fight.
    Last edited by ArguesWithStrangers; 2016-07-24 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    You missed by a inch.

Portugal.
    well you won the euro too

Deleted
    You have to be a real dupe to think nationalism is anything other than a control system.

You know why your "country" doesn't do anything good for you? Because it doesn't exist. Your "country" is a small political elite screwing over you and everyone else that lives there. When the small group wants you to do something (work harder, go kill foreigners) it talks about national pride because that is a great way of making you think they are on your side.

If you put away your nationalism for thirty seconds you'd understand the enemy is the political elite in your own country, not some foreigner somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    well you won the euro too
    That's just a minor feat of strenght .

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You have to be a real dupe to think nationalism is anything other than a control system.

You know why your "country" doesn't do anything good for you? Because it doesn't exist. Your "country" is a small political elite screwing over you and everyone else that lives there. When the small group wants you to do something (work harder, go kill foreigners) it talks about national pride because that is a great way of making you think they are on your side.

If you put away your nationalism for thirty seconds you'd understand the enemy is the political elite in your own country, not some foreigner somewhere.
    I'm assuming you think we should do away with the political elites in our own countries in favor of a global political elite that is even more distant and less accountable to our desires amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    American here. I'm less proud as I get older. The things I believed about my own people, i.e. that they were entrepreneurial, hard-working, risk-taking, self-motivated, individualists, has proven less and less true as time progresses. More and more we are embracing the politics and culture of envy, mediocrity, weakness and collectivism characterized by Western Europe.
    Western europe did not crash the global economy and has not lost successive wars, whatever else might be wrong with it.

You militarists are a massive dead weight on your country, whatever you might claim to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I'm assuming you think we should do away with the political elites in our own countries in favor of a global political elite that is even more distant and less accountable to our desires amirite?
    No.

/

Nope, bunch of miserable fuckwads that puts other peoples wellbeing above danes.

Western europe did not crash the global economy and has not lost successive wars, whatever else might be wrong with it.

You militarists are a massive dead weight on your country, whatever you might claim to be.
    It never fails to amaze me the lengths weak people will go to try and cloak their personal cowardice and selfishness as intellectual and moral superiority. I've got bad news for you cupcake, the prosperity and security you enjoy were bought by someone with blood on his hands. You are not freed from culpability in a violent act you benefit from simply because you lacked the stomach to undertake that act yourself. It's akin to decrying the brutality of the butcher while you eat the steak.

If you want credibility for your "passivity" and distaste for American power, go to a place where your life and livelihood are not protected by us or those like us. I'll still think you're an idiot, but I'll at least give you credit for putting your money where your mouth is.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

/
    So you're not a nationalist or a globalist. What do you propose then, tribalism?

Deleted
    It never fails to amaze me the lengths weak people will go to try and cloak their personal cowardice and selfishness as intellectual and moral superiority. I've got bad news for you cupcake, the prosperity and security you enjoy were bought by someone with blood on his hands.
    are you talking about the war with the native americans ? what other war bought you security and prosperity that you took a part . oh i guess the nuclear bombs in japan

Deleted
    Somewhat, although I'd prefer if the EU was toned down so it couldn't overrule the danish laws.. It'll happen eventuelly, the downfall of EU is long overdue imo., as it has already fulfilled its purpose.