Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    So what, in the beta right now people use their hot streak procs on flamestrike with flame patch talented? Is it that more powerful than pyroblast?
    From what I understand it's usually better than Pyro on 2+ targets, and only slightly behind Pyro on 1.

You won't take it for single-target fights, of course, but it should still do very well in, say, Mythic+ dungeons and fights with consistent AoE/Cleave elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    From what I understand it's usually better than Pyro on 2+ targets, and only slightly behind Pyro on 1.

You won't take it for single-target fights, of course, but it should still do very well in, say, Mythic+ dungeons and fights with consistent AoE/Cleave elements.
    Class trinket gives your FireBlast a chance to flamestrike, which procs flame patch. Thus it becomes a singletarget increase as we Fireblast every 10 seconds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Class trinket gives your FireBlast a chance to flamestrike, which procs flame patch. Thus it becomes a singletarget increase as we Fireblast every 10 seconds or so.
    This thread is about raiding at 110, the class trinket won't be a thing then.

But you are of course right, for 100.

For someone who isn't in a high-end/cutting edge progression guild like me, is Arcane still "ok" for DPS? Will it still bring a lot of ST burst to the table?

I've tried fire for a few hours now but couldn't get into it. The 7.x Arcane is really, really fun for me.

Deleted
    I'm just going to say, it looks like they truly nailed the "class fantasy" for fire. As you are indeed hurling balls of fire everywhere to devestating effect. And I can't say I've seen very many frost or arcane mages around on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    For someone who isn't in a high-end/cutting edge progression guild like me, is Arcane still "ok" for DPS? Will it still bring a lot of ST burst to the table?

I've tried fire for a few hours now but couldn't get into it. The 7.x Arcane is really, really fun for me.
    Arcane is WAY harder to play optimally than Fire, but i have the feeling that when achieved it will do wonders.

Deleted
    Fire for the first couple of tiers and then Arcane when Arcane picks up towards the end of the expansion.

Deleted
    I wouldn't place bets on seeing fire "the unequivocally best". From the mouth of Ion (Watcher), Arcane is supposed to do the highest single target damage. This time they can't arbitrarily shove all people into the same spec because they kind of forced a soft gating of specs with the new artifact system.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniTitan1937 View Post
    Fire for the first couple of tiers and then Arcane when Arcane picks up towards the end of the expansion.
    That's what I'm thinking as well, but would we be able to get the Arcane artifact power as unlocked as the fire one? I still have no idea about how leveling up the artifact works but if we can only get the Arcane artifact up to about 80% as powerful as the Fire one then we may not be able to play Arcane optimally ...

Deleted
    ^The last artifact trait is kinda lame in terms of that factor. It keeps giving 5% + 0.5% each extra rank more damage per second which is quite large and can clearly tip the scale on specs that are close enough. After a few weeks it would be relatively easy to get all the damage increases ranks but not that one, that last one will be a very defining factor.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't comment on raw numbers, but I decided to go with frost main. With the simplification to combustion, fire has lost a big part of what made me like it. As of now, I feel like frost is the spec with the most diverse talents and playstyles. Chaining pyroblasts is ridicilous for a while, but I don't see myself doing that for the whole xpansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezzi View Post
    That's what I'm thinking as well, but would we be able to get the Arcane artifact power as unlocked as the fire one? I still have no idea about how leveling up the artifact works but if we can only get the Arcane artifact up to about 80% as powerful as the Fire one then we may not be able to play Arcane optimally ...
    You get something called Artifact Knowledge once you reach 110. Every level of Artifact Knowledge increases the amount of Artifact power you gain. At first it's modest increases, 25% 50% etc. But at level 15 (What i'm at right now) it's 3600%. So you get 36x the amount of AP you'd get normally. Which means you'll be able to level your alt artifact up VERY quickly, at the vaunted 80% surely. But yes, you'll always be a bit behind. But i imagine at the later tiers we'll be swimming in Artifact Power and Knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much of a contribution, but I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion that fire is the only really viable spec to raid with once Legion gets going. I really wanted to be a Frost Mage, but I can't justify gimping my guild's progression either.

Guess I'm going Fire.

While one spec being so far above the others is always lamentable, at least Fire is also fun and engaging to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Not much of a contribution, but I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion that fire is the only really viable spec to raid with once Legion gets going. I really wanted to be a Frost Mage, but I can't justify gimping my guild's progression either.

Guess I'm going Fire.
    Same here

Just don't see any changes happening until after Emerald Nightmare has been out a few weeks, we have Invasions then Launch and making sure all that happens as smoothly as possible.

My current thinking is Fire artifact to 20/20 (+15% more damage), then continue with Fire until Frost Artifact has 20/20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Same here

Just don't see any changes happening until after Emerald Nightmare has been out a few weeks, we have Invasions then Launch and making sure all that happens as smoothly as possible.

My current thinking is Fire artifact to 20/20 (+15% more damage), then continue with Fire until Frost Artifact has 20/20.
    Yeah but at that point we should be decked out in crit rather than haste gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am sure Blizz will drop Flame Patch down to more reasonable levels and will balance Fire one way or another because yes, right now it's simply good at everything which is more the reason nobody, aside from some rare hipster, plays anything else in Beta.
    Yeah, so it happened.

Deleted
    Big nerf on flame patch just landed. It has started. Will it end?

im so happy right now!

Well, it's warranted. Flame Patch was ridiculous. With the nerf, Fire will still be very good - it just won't be head and shoulders above anything else by a good margin.