Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    You mean WW hardest of all the melees or just comparing to DH?
    Imo - I can't find harder class of melee than feral, just because of shit snapshotting which I hate.
    Feral druid, properly played unholy DK, pre-legion WW monk, properly played wod sub rogue all had their moments as the more complex melee specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used the free boost to get my Monk to 100. It's very easy to learn, but mastering it will definitely take some time. It's very straightforward, though, but you do have a lot of abilities in your rotation, both single target and AoE. The mastery will take some practise, as will buffing Spinning Crane Kick by targetting different mobs during AoE phases.

It's a lot of fun playing, and it's mobility is the best I've seen. Pretty much made up my mind that I was going to main Mage and alt Death Knight, but due to the recent nerfs to Unholy and the removal of Death's Advance, Monk looks very appealing to alt.
    Statix will suffice.

It seems agreed upon that windwalker is in no way complex. You quite literally just keep everything on cooldown and avoid double jab/bok and keep it to a bare minimum.

This is all fine its bound to happen to every spec but as an old monk coming back i can't rap my head around the fact they kept SEF but completly changed it and just made it a burst cd. WHY WOULD THEY NOT JUST USE THE MOST ICONIC MONK ABILLITY Tigereye brew is the single most unique thing blizzard ever did with this class and it was what made me play it since mop beta

Edit: damn my signature is old... change that when i get home
    Last edited by Serendepityz; 2016-08-03 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    This is all fine its bound to happen to every spec but as an old monk coming back i can't rap my head around the fact they kept SEF but completly changed it and just made it a burst cd. WHY WOULD THEY NOT JUST USE THE MOST ICONIC MONK ABILLITY Tigereye brew is the single most unique thing blizzard ever did with this class and it was what made me play it since mop beta
    The old SEF was mainly so incredibly shitty to use, you needed macros to send/collect them and WA or whatever to track them. It was great if you are the type of person that does those things to use an ability, it was downer for people that didn't know about that. TeB was really hard to get used to or - I guess - make use of well at lower gear levels, but now it's just been -up- anyways. 90% of the fights were Chi Ex material anyways, making TeB so abundant the question was how many TeB stacks you'd consume between the 10 per FoF.

I don't know why everyone is saying WW is so easy, is it because they have no procs to watch out for? Keeping combos strikes up while filling as many GCDs as you can is pretty tricky, requiring weaving in Chi Wave and Touch of Death and alternating focus between blackout and tig palm. Also the cooldowns of FoF and RSK are awkward and often force you to get a bit creative, although that could just be a weird haste value for me. If you think WW is easy go try playing some other melees, like Frost or Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    ?

That artifact trait changes nothing. You still do exactly the same priority rotation, but your FoF just ends up doing more damage..
    Not so sure, what about ToD and it's 10% dmg bonus?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Not so sure, what about ToD and it's 10% dmg bonus?
    Again that trait just rewards you for timing it during the pull and whenever you can line everything up again. It isn't like you don't want to do max damage all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaman23 View Post
    Again that trait just rewards you for timing it during the pull and whenever you can line everything up again. It isn't like you don't want to do max damage all the time.
    Yeah, but I am not sure if You want to pop up ToD right off CD, or just stack the other traits to maximize it even more?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

General rule for all CDs is delay it to max benefit until you will miss a cast that fight. I.E. a 3min fight you have 60 seconds of delaying before you would miss a cast on that fight so delaying 40seconds if you missed your artifact power or something like that would be worth it. Obviously it is only that easy to tell with raid bosses but if it is a dungeon you have less knowledge on when you miss a cast so using it on CD will be safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaman23 View Post
    General rule for all CDs is delay it to max benefit until you will miss a cast that fight. I.E. a 3min fight you have 60 seconds of delaying before you would miss a cast on that fight so delaying 40seconds if you missed your artifact power or something like that would be worth it. Obviously it is only that easy to tell with raid bosses but if it is a dungeon you have less knowledge on when you miss a cast so using it on CD will be safer.
    Adding to this because it's a complex issue.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe...cooldown-usage

Beautiful math god Binkenstein in his guide for wowhead shows with some algebra how delaying a cooldown to stack it with another may not work to your benefit.

You mean WW hardest of all the melees or just comparing to DH?
    Imo - I can't find harder class of melee than feral, just because of shit snapshotting which I hate.
    Maybe it's because I've been playing dot classes since classic? Snapshotting never was a problem to me. Keeping up with Hit Combo kept me thinking ahead - something most classes don't do. I was never thinking about my next attack - I was forced to think about my next 4-5 attacks, which was pretty cool to me.

I meant all melees, but it's definitely going to vary from person to person. UH DK, Feral and DH all have their own pitfalls and problems to overcome. Monk just kept me from going in 'auto' mode when I was playing it - unlike the other dps.

Deleted
    I am player who just started to play WW for fun after talent changes, so I can tell how it felt to learn these things.

In PvE there are few things that can be hard to some players;

- Cleave situation tab targeting, tho this same thing is on every other class who have to multidot or apply some debuffs around.
    - Using right abilities on right time of the fight; like using FoF on AoE rather than singletarget. This doesn't really take any skill, but you have to know something about the encounter, and this is also thing that you've to master on most of the other dps specs aswell.

In PvP there are also few harder things to master;

- Hitting the Leg Sweep to that russian feral druid blinking all around you with 1k ms. The range of Leg Sweep makes it pretty hard to land on lagging targets, I've noticed that I have to run infront of 'em to get the leg sweep land smoothly.

The current dps rotation/ability priority is really simple, I think it's pretty fun aswell, the potential little bursts with RSK+FoF are fun in PvP and also in PvE when you get randomly huge damage on cleave etc. WW is rarely really good dps and if you prefer harder class with harder skillcap to play as main (easier to do good logs) then you should not pickup WW monk. I love hard classes, and currently everything is pretty simple to master when you focus on what you're doing, but thank god; Fury of Elune on balance druids will be the ability that will drive people crazy, it's hardest spell to minmax ever in this game, doesn't allow movement at all, doesn't allow any cast interrupts, gotta get all procs right to minmax it. I am not saying balance druid is hard currently, it's just that it has alot of things you can fail on. Monk does have those things also, but energy/chi generation usually blocks the possibility to fail on mastery and (that talent) stacking. I am not here yelling monk is too easy to play, it's not, but the skillcap is too low for me because I look only logs when I raid.

tl:dr - WW monk is pretty easy to learn, it's fun, it has potential burst in both pvp and pve. Also one thing why I like monk is that it's least played dps class (spec).

I have spent many hours playing every class/spec trying to figure out what I want to play in legion. WW Monk is the only one I keep going back too because it's the one I find myself having fun while playing.

Do I think its hard? No.

The Hit Combo mechanic makes it more interesting but I don't see it as hard as some people make it seem on here. Once you figure out the flow it just repeats pretty much (for single target type of fights). When you add in AOE and you have to tab around and hit things it makes the spec feel more dynamic.

So I don't think its really hard to play once you get things down. Also, you can get a weak aura that puts the last skill you used in the middle of the screen so you know what not to use again. Some people might call that a crutch but I don't think it takes away from the experience.

WW is not a challenge, but it is still a whole lot of fun...finally.

I love having either a challenging rotation, like feral or pre 7.0 Brewmaster OR fast and fluid rotations, like current WW & Surv, WoD Frost DK and Enh.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown