Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal View Post
    Oh come on now...are you really trying to say that effectiveness has nothing to do with fun? So its ok if tanks are out dpsing you as long as the rotation is engaging right? lol

Not saying topping charts is everything...(hated arcane gameplay) but it does play a part in the entertainment factor of a class
    You're missing the point by a few fields. The prepatch isn't a good baseline for performance since the classes are balanced around 110 + artifact numbers. Not all classes scale equally towards L110 and their artifact. Enhancement Shamans are fairly dependent on the powerful setup of Artifact traits we have + our active ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    When was difficulty something to eschew, especially in a format where the whole point is that it's harder?

The only people who seem obsessed with simplified clears are those that feel like they're participating in a race. Which is something that starts when PvE folk try to imitate what PvP people have in competitive environments, which I find to be awful for such an ill fitted format of competition.

Perfectly fine specs are being excluded for ridiculous reasons. Not about clearling an encounter anymore, but how quickly can you do it compared to some other guild.
    Difficulty is not something to avoid, but you don't seem to realize that some of these fights simply won't go down in progress ilvl without optimizing setup for it. We're not talking 20 rings and +20 ilvls here. And it's never been different.

We are talking about "the race" here, because that is what a "progress guild" is by definition.

There is a large majority out there that does not play that way, and that is a different discussion.
    Even for them, having DKs for Xhul and Mannoroth, as well as Rogues for soaking, for example, is a huge, huge asset. Some encounters were simply tailored to specific class strengths. I would even argue that the lower the general ability of a raid, the more important having the right specs becomes. Good luck beating such fights with underperforming DPS or a suboptimal healing setup without even having the specs that make them more doable.

Elemental was not "perfectly fine" in progress, it was barely usable at all for almost any fight.
    Enhancement was alright, but not amazing, while UH and rogues performed better/equally but with far, far better utility that made the fight manageable. What do you think a smart raid group will do?

I must also address your last sentence: we are talking about progress in Mythic here. It is not a question of who kills faster. It is a question of who kills at all. Do you even realize how tight and close first kills usually are?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You're missing the point by a few fields. The prepatch isn't a good baseline for performance since the classes are balanced around 110 + artifact numbers. Not all classes scale equally towards L110 and their artifact. Enhancement Shamans are fairly dependent on the powerful setup of Artifact traits we have + our active ability.
    I was actually responding to his comment alone. I completely understand how that the artifact will change the play of the class.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually responding to his comment alone. I completely understand how that the artifact will change the play of the class.
    Doesnt change the fact that the point has taken a hurdle right over your head.

Its absolutely ridiculous to base enjoyment of a spec on the damage during prepatch.

Coming from someone who has mained a Ret pally in Cata, MoP, WoD to now, Enhancement is amazing right now. It has a really good "feel" to it and some awesome talent choices. As others have said, it looks and sounds great too.

Comparatively, my Ret who is just "meh" now (and the Blessing system isn't fun), and my Beast Mastery hunter who is, again, somewhat OK. My Enhance shaman and my Fury warrior are actually fun to play. Maybe the artifacts will help Ret and BM, but I can't say right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Doesnt change the fact that the point has taken a hurdle right over your head.

Its absolutely ridiculous to base enjoyment of a spec on the damage during prepatch.
    While I did note that I wasn't thrilled about this current form of tuning in prepatch, that was just a side note and had no real bearing on my opinion of our status currently. Maybe you misread my statement or I wasn't coherent enough ( it was late for me lol). Numbers during prepatch do not really matter to an certain extent. However my reply to you was based on your comment that was a blanket statement that we shouldn't ever care about doing good dps. Maybe I misunderstood you as well or maybe you weren't coherent enough either (it could be late for you too :P) Let it be said then that

1. Prepatch positioning of dps meters does not matter
    2. Being good dps does matter to dps classes when it actually counts
    3. Being good at your class/spec brings fulfillment/fun to the game.
    4. Specific numbers do matter some in prepatch because they do affect the feel of your rotation.

Last one is just my opinion lol. In my first first post when I stated that it felt limp I want to clarify. I did not mean from a numbers standpoint I meant in a play style standpoint. I also mentioned that alot of that would hopefully be taken care of with the edition of the artifact and all its goodies. So is there anything else that is "over my head"?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be clear, you are not the only person to have raised numbers. There are many other people who are echoing the point that because their numbers are down, they dont like the spec.

Oh come on now...are you really trying to say that effectiveness has nothing to do with fun? So its ok if tanks are out dpsing you as long as the rotation is engaging right? lol

Not saying topping charts is everything...(hated arcane gameplay) but it does play a part in the entertainment factor of a class
    I don't get this, why can't tanks top damage besides thr fact it's been this way for a long time? The only reason I can see is PvP wise (unkillable and top damage would suck).

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand enhance anymore, it just feels clunky to me. I also think the spec is still aesthetically terrible. It is so bland to look at still. What happened to Windfury btw? It never procs, its doing like 0.1% of my damage. Hell it can do no damage but give me the damn animation.

I don't get how anyone can think this is an improvement, the spec plays like a Warrior now. If I wanted to play a Warrior, I'd have been a Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I don't mind it, but it's hilarious how much better boulderfist is better as a play style then the garbage rock biter system.

I would prefer if we had some totems tho, you know - like grounding, tremor etc... now we are just a warrior basically.
    Yeah, this is what they get for listening to the "DERP TOETEMZ ARE OUTDAYDED BREHY". Totems were a thing unique to only shamans.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I can't stand enhance anymore, it just feels clunky to me. I also think the spec is still aesthetically terrible. It is so bland to look at still. What happened to Windfury btw? It never procs, its doing like 0.1% of my damage. Hell it can do no damage but give me the damn animation.

I don't get how anyone can think this is an improvement, the spec plays like a Warrior now. If I wanted to play a Warrior, I'd have been a Warrior.
    Wait for legion and doomwinds.

Remember these specs are balanced around Legion - and not prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulrok View Post
    Wait for legion and doomwinds.

Remember these specs are balanced around Legion - and not prepatch.
    I don't see the aesthetic or the gameplay changing enough to make a difference.

Well nobody is here to convince you otherwise. You've obviously made up your mind, and have played many hours of Enhance on Beta.

But from my experience - Beta Enhance > Pre-Patch Enhance.

I also don't think we're close to warriors either.. but again just depends on what you're into.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Enhancement has been my spec of choice for years, the only spec I truly ever enjoyed for many expansions but this change in Legion is a total kill joy for me.

I am not a fan of the new playstyle having to build energy and then consume the energy.... also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..... I am actually demoralised now that my favourite spec in the game has been taken away from me QQ

How do you guys feel?

"...having to build energy and then consume the energy..."

We've always had ramp-up. Except before the only semblance of burst we had was using a bevy of wet noodle attacks in rapid succession. Now, not only do we have moderately high burst, any enhance with full MS is a critical threat in pvp.

"...also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..."

Landslide? Hailstorm? They're talents which you have the option not to spec into. The only one to keep up is Flametongue... which is a direct evolution of flameshock

I feel like it could be tweaked a bit better. Not really sure what to do with most of my abilities at a lot of times.

I feel like there's kinda a bit too much 'action' but a bit few little cooldown. Unsure. But I'll probably get used to it. I generally do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Enhancement has been my spec of choice for years, the only spec I truly ever enjoyed for many expansions but this change in Legion is a total kill joy for me.

I am not a fan of the new playstyle having to build energy and then consume the energy.... also all the new buff timers, having to keep an eye on them..... I am actually demoralised now that my favourite spec in the game has been taken away from me QQ

How do you guys feel?
    I loved my enhancement shaman in WOD, was hyped by the overal positive feedback in alpha and beta Legion.

But i don't like to play it as much as i thought. I top dungeon/LFR (i know ) dps, but still, it feels not right for me.

I tested other classes, unholy DK is the way to go for me. I loved fire nova, unholy has something like that: Epidemic, will go for that in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Yeah, this is what they get for listening to the "DERP TOETEMZ ARE OUTDAYDED BREHY". Totems were a thing unique to only shamans.
    And they weren't even bad design. The only exceptions would have been perhaps, searing totem (a dot that has range)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    And they weren't even bad design. The only exceptions would have been perhaps, searing totem (a dot that has range)
    While they were not "bad" in design, they sure were outdated as hell. The whole totem mechanic in itself never recieved a lot of love designwise over the last 6 years or so.
    I personally miss some utility (Grounding & Tremor probably the most), but I sure as hell wont miss totems as a whole, as they were mostly REALLY clunky (hello there Capacitor Totem) or just not worth using at all (Earth Elemental Totem comes into mind, which is actually still a thing for elementals)... especially Searing and Magma Totem, which both were subpar AoE/ST wannabe-dots and never felt like "fun" to use at all.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I haven't really done that much playing on my enhancement shaman since pre-patch hit, but from what I have played it feels a lot clunkier than before, but I will for sure level it to 110 and see what happens, it's been my most played char since WotLK after having mained Rogue in vanilla and paladin in TBC, but if it doesn't get better at 110 then I will most likely just go for one of the other classes again.

Because you're obviously talking out of your ass. You clearly didn't spend more than 5 minutes with it and proceeded to telling the world how butthurt you are instead.