Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

University in Cleveland Gives ‘Safe Space’ for Students Traumatized by GOP Convention

https://heatst.com/politics/clevelan...ce-convention/

Of course this in no way says anything about the Democrat party... I just notice that only one of the two parties is judged by its supporters here.

At least that is the impression I have come away with

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! Worth a good laugh at least. This forum has it value for sure. Entertainment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    https://heatst.com/politics/clevelan...ce-convention/

Of course this in no way says anything about the Democrat party... I just notice that only one of the two parties is judged by its supporters here.

At least that is the impression I have come away with
    As I see it, we have a party that loves America, waves USA flags around, and has a strong support for those who defend it. On the other hand, you have a party that often times has supporters who burn the American flag and say "America was Never Great."

All you need to know, really.

Deleted
    so im like 4 lines into that article, and im just going to skip the rest and ask "is this real?"

$60k a yewar to attend, to some uni's in USA really cost that much?
    and what sort of uni would have a social justice institute?

and really, cancelling classes because because of this? i'd be so pissed if i paid that much to go to a uni, and they cancel my classes because some of the children there need coddling.

again i didnt read the article past like the first 4 lines, so i might have the wrong end of the stick here.

Deleted
    At this rate, the Democratic Party slogan might as well be "Let's Make America Weak and Infantile"

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Many colleges in the US force bullshit like this on their students.

I had one of my professors refer to all whites as "oppressors," and claimed basically all whites are evil mass murderers.
    Even some of the non-white students in the class were just baffled at the shit she was saying.
    I wonder how his research gets published anywhere or passes any academic peer-reviews for that matter, lol.

On a more serious note, it is disturbing news that universities - a place for research and independent thought - now shield their students from the fact that other people might have different opinions than themselves.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2016-07-21 at 10:34 PM.

/shrug
    why they can't see the comedy in that show clown show is beyond me.

I'm going to tape off an area in the office as a safe space.

If I feel weepy I can go there and be left alone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Pretty sure thats called Marxism, and it's ultra-retarded.
    That's not what Marxism is.

7+ Year Old Account
    After reading the newsletter it doesn't seem to students that are traumatized by the issue, but a designated place for people to discuss the issues of recent events or the RNC convention. Basically it seems like a place to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    After reading the newsletter it doesn't seem to students that are traumatized by the issue, but a designated place for people to discuss the issues of recent events or the RNC convention. Basically it seems like a place to ask questions.
    you read the article instead of getting angry about the S J W MENACE?

to the corner with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    As I see it, we have a party that loves America, waves USA flags around, and has a strong support for those who defend it. On the other hand, you have a party that often times has supporters who burn the American flag and say "America was Never Great."

All you need to know, really.
    Shh the truth hurts, you might have triggered some special "warriors"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post

to the corner with you.
    Watch out, talking about SJWs is a forbidden topic on this forum.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

I wonder how many people showed up.

I mean i just read it and i didn't at all pull what he did from it. Maybe I'm blinded by bias, but it sounded like something you would read if one of the faculty just died... Not if a convention was in town xD
    Don't read too much into it, I saw a chance to mock the SJW shriekers and I took it, damnit.

Also why can't i find you in the real world, stop hiding plz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post

Watch out, talking about SJWs is a forbidden topic on this forum.
    Do you get paid by the hour to be a victim, or is this a service you're providing for free?

Is this real?

You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread... Dragon.

>.>
    Boomzyplz.

Dratini is hiding

10+ Year Old Account
    What was there to be traumatized by? I thought it was a pretty hilarious puppet show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post

to the corner with you.
    Yeah... Internet rule # 53: you never read beyond the title. Some spanking is in order!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    From the newsletter: Counseling and Other Support

University Counseling Services will continue to offer walk-in services for students who want to talk with someone about their concerns related to recent events and/or the upcoming convention.

The university’s Employee Assistance Service will have a counselor available on campus during the workday for staff or faculty who wish to talk about their concerns.

Working in collaboration with the university’s LGBT Center, the Social Justice Institute will host a “safe space” adjacent to its offices (A15C) in the basement of Crawford Hall during the week. The Interreligious Council also will house a safe space for those who want to talk or reflect about their concerns at the Interfaith Plaza, located just east of the Church of the Covenant, 11205 Euclid Ave. Please contact these offices for schedules and other information.

Can't really spin this as "just a place to chat about politics" when it's right below them offering counseling services in conjunction xD
    Yeah it seems extremely protective, but its nowhere near "the safespace" image the internet has.

The university’s Employee Assistance Service will have a counselor available on campus during the workday for staff or faculty who wish to talk about their concerns.
    You go their and ask your concerns in regards to recent events. It doesn't seem to be that bad or as the OP claims it is.

This is just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Yeah it seems extremely protective, but its nowhere near "the safespace" image the internet has.

You go their and ask your concerns in regards to recent events. It doesn't seem to be that bad or as the OP claims it is.
    "safe space" is a trigger word for some people, go figure.