Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    I was infracted for simply posting #cucked, so I will add this sentence around it.

Joking-not-joking aside, I was really hoping something like the homeowner had a trip wire attached to a land mine or something, you know, something that might justify him being sent to jail. Finland apparently needs a dose of Castle Doctrine if a man can't even defend himself in his own home. And no, there's not really "going on the offense" while they're still armed and on your property in my opinion. If he chased them off his property and continued to attack them that's one thing, but really? Really? You have a duty to retreat IN YOUR OWN FUCKING HOME? What the shit?
    Thanks, but no thanks. We don't need the same gun madness, and "shoot whomever you want with whatever excuse you can think of, as long as they are near your house" You can keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

we need to send our criminals to finland, seems like a much better life for them

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i agree with that, however a victim of a home invasion should never have to pay damages to the invaders
    If they leave your house they are no longer a threat to you and if you keep up the pursuit and the attack you are the aggressor and should be punished as such, really common sense folks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Thanks, but no thanks. We don't need the same gun madness, and "shoot whomever you want with whatever excuse you can think of, as long as they are near your house" You can keep it.

No kidding and that insane lax gun laws really isnt working eithers since if it did, USA would be the safest place in the world

Lefties talk about "safe spaces", but literally want to take away a family's one safe space in the world? The world may be a dark place but I think it's worthwhile we ensure that homes are "sacred" spaces you don't mess with. Break into an ATM, rob a convenience store, hell, straight up mug someone on the street, but don't traumatize others by invading that one place a person should be able to escape from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Lefties talk about "safe spaces", but literally want to take away a family's one safe space in the world? The world may be a dark place but I think it's worthwhile we ensure that homes are "sacred" spaces you don't mess with. Break into an ATM, rob a convenience store, hell, straight up mug someone on the street, but don't traumatize others by invading that one place a person should be able to escape from the world.
    I've been safe at home with no guns at all my entire life. This isn't a place where street gangs roam around with guns just looking to break in your house. I can go for a walk at 2 a.m, and there's no thugs there to rob or rape either. Infact there's most likely no-one there for the duration of the walk.

It's more than likely that the "gun" was an airsoft gun. Or is there some reason they didn't use it? Because it wasn't any use. I'd say knife wins over a piece of plastic, or metal paperweight version.
    If I am wrestling your friend, potentially having stabbed him and we are still standing, you're not going to risk using the gun and killing him. Or, if I attack the man with the gun first, dislodge it, and it gets thrown from the fray. Many things that could have happened, but yeah totally the home defender is the bad guy here

/sarcasm. Seriously, these mental gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    If I am wrestling your friend, potentially having stabbed him and we are still standing, you're not going to risk using the gun and killing him. Or, if I attack the man with the gun first, dislodge it, and it gets thrown from the fray. Many things that could have happened, but yeah totally the home defender is the bad guy here

/sarcasm. Seriously, these mental gymnastics.
    Or maybe reading comprehension of the article. There's no mention of charges for a firearm, which there would be, if they actually had a real one.

My opinion on the subject, if you think the man deserved to be arrested for winning a 3v1 fight in his own home... please, go find the Clorox, and have a couple shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a similar kind of thing here in England, Myleen Klass, a celebrity called police as there was an intruder in her back garden. As she was in the kitchen cooking she was using knives and told the cops that she was holding one when the intruder was spotted, however they told her that she could face charges of brandishing a weapon even though she was in her own home.

There is really something wrong with the world at the moment when victims are punished harsher than criminals.

Or maybe reading comprehension of the article. There's no mention of charges for a firearm, which there would be, if they actually had a real one.
    Then the same reading comprehension goes to show that it says there was a gun, and not a toy gun...

Then the same reading comprehension goes to show that it says there was a gun, and not a toy gun...
    Again, there's no charges for that, which there would be if it was real one. Your random thugs don't have guns here. Some criminal organizations have, and even then it's not all "members" of them who do. They aren't sold at every supermarket.

It's kinda hard to make actual judgement over what happened as the original article is kinda vague. It mentions 4 people attacking the home owner who retreated to kitched picking up the knife and attacking them. The weapons involved were a gun , big bladed knife and baseball bats. Home owner got sentenced for 3 attempted manslaughter charges. 3 out of the 4 invaders also got sentenced for battery and trespassing.

My opinion on the subject, if you think the man deserved to be arrested for winning a 3v1 fight in his own home... please, go find the Clorox, and have a couple shots.
    It's one thing to win fight in that situation and then go on and try to kill the persons involved. The original article is not very detailed so it's kinda hard to comment what actually happened.

Again, there's no charges for that, which there would be if it was real one. Your random thugs don't have guns here. Some criminal organizations have, and even then it's not all "members" of them who do. They aren't sold at every supermarket.
    Hahaha you think American criminals get their guns at supermarkets! Hahahaha. Ohh dear lord. I can't stop laughing at the ignorance. Again the article states there was a gun, under your logic that it doesn't state there were charges for a gun, it also doesn't state it was a toy gun, but a gun. So we must either take the same stance or throw both out, you can't throw one side of your own logic away because it has betrayed you.

It would be of course stupid to point that allusion toward cucks and virility aside, it's pretty damn stupid to attack four guys with one gun when you are one guy with a knife....Not out of concern for the criminals safety, but for yours....

Hahaha you think American criminals get their guns at supermarkets! Hahahaha. Ohh dear lord. I can't stop laughing at the ignorance. Again the article states there was a gun, under your logic that it doesn't state there were charges for a gun, it also doesn't state it was a toy gun, but a gun. So we must either take the same stance or throw both out, you can't throw one side of your own logic away because it has betrayed you.
    I suppose you wouldn't understand how in some countries the guns aren't available enough for black markets either. It doesn't tell you anything that even criminal organizations aren't all armed? Where do you imagine your random street thugs to get them, when the organizations don't have enough either, with better connections?

I've been safe at home with no guns at all my entire life. This isn't a place where street gangs roam around with guns just looking to break in your house. I can go for a walk at 2 a.m, and there's no thugs there to rob or rape either. Infact there's most likely no-one there for the duration of the walk.
    Leave guns out of this. If someone breaks into my home, is it truly your position that I should trust my life and my well-being to the intentions of someone who's already criminally breaking and entering? Because that's not something that's going to happen.

I've seen you take this position before, that if someone breaks into your home it is your responsibility to flee into the night and let them do whatever they want... can I at least take a few minutes to try and get my wife and bring her with me as well? Or would the possibility of inconveniencing the burglars be too much of a risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    There is a point where defense turns into offense.
    yeah see this is a bullshit statement if ive ever read one. if someone breaks into my house and has a weapon, you best believe my goal will be to cut his throat and bleed him out, and if you think youre on the offence when someone breaks into your house then im not quite sure how your brain works lol. there is no offence whatsoever in a home invasion, everything you do is defending your property and life, period.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It would be of course stupid to point that allusion toward cucks and virility aside, it's pretty damn stupid to attack four guys with one gun when you are one guy with a knife....Not out of concern for the criminals safety, but for yours....
    Well, there is that; in this particular instance attacking was also a bad idea, and if the article is accurate (which I don't think has been verified yet) the home owner in question is either remarkably skilled or incredibly lucky (leaning toward the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhatadumbthread View Post
    yeah see this is a bullshit statement if ive ever read one. if someone breaks into my house and has a weapon, you best believe my goal will be to cut his throat and bleed him out, and if you think youre on the offence when someone breaks into your house then im not quite sure how your brain works lol. there is no offence whatsoever in a home invasion, everything you do is defending your property and life, period.
    I am sure you don't believe that