Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    we dont see him but you have to think if it was actual, he would be fighting, but ingame of corse not... none of the leaders were fighting demons.. as none were approaching them really...

also how does he go from 0 to hero in a second?
    Never fighting demons before to easily defeating a dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    High King and Supreme Commander are very different things. High King is literally a king that rules over other kings. That's what the term means.
    The most prominent example of the term "High King" in the real world comes from the High Kingship of Ireland, the island's form of government before the Brits showed up.
    There the island was divided into multiple kingdoms, and the kings of Ireland would choose one from amongst themselves to be the "high king." Yes, he did rule over the other kings. His position was dependent on their continued support though, and the position wasn't necessarily hereditary. A son of a High King could become High King upon his father's death, but the other kings would need to confirm him in such a role. They were free to choose someone else from a different bloodline to become High King and often did.

So given that it's the most prominent real world example of the term? It's how I choose to interpret it in Warcraft until the lore tells me otherwise. All we know now is that at some point in the future Anduin is High King. All that means is that the various Alliance leaders feel that, at some point, Anduin becomes worthy of the position they entrusted his father with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Sylvanas from the looks of it, is most likely still Warchief of the Horde during this point and may even be part of the Army of Light.
    What did you think of Sylvanas in the live-action Warcraft movie?
    Last edited by Disreali; 2016-07-22 at 01:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    dreadlords a whole race... they can go from being super powerful to super weak... look at felguards there is the ones the size of a person, then huge ones like fellord, and the one in the warlock class hall, infernals as big as people, then ones as big as sky scrappers... there is ton of dreadlords... of different powers and differant sizes...weve killed dreadlords in 1-5 person groups... many times in quests/dungeons

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Diathorus_the_Seeker
    for example
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Gorgannon
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Hel%27nurath
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Lothros
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Pentatharon
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Razelikh_the_Defiler
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Solenor_the_Slayer

all dreadlords who died to 1-3 people...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-22 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So given that it's the most prominent real world example of the term? It's how I choose to interpret it in Warcraft until the lore tells me otherwise. All we know now is that at some point in the future Anduin is High King. All that means is that the various Alliance leaders feel that, at some point, Anduin becomes worthy of the position they entrusted his father with.
    He's pretty much acting as High King in Legion already.

dreadlords a whole race... they can go from being super powerful to super weak... look at felguards there is the ones the size of a person, then huge ones like fellord, and the one in the warlock class hall, infernals as big as people, then ones as big as sky scrappers... there is ton of dreadlords... of different powers and differant sizes...
    Why would they send one of their weakest to kill the person who is currently acting like the leader of the alliance?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Holy fire on hozen in mop, he fought against plenty of people in pandaria, as he was running around on that island all on his own for quite awhile, he survived being crushed by a massive bell by garrosh... hes been training most of his life, aswell as hes had to fight plenty of demons come legion with his city under seige

- - - Updated - - -

so where did fearbreaker go? as this hammer appears then instantly vanishes... and yes it does have a cannon apperance he has weilded it ingame...

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, both before and after there is no hammer in sight, thats why i knew it was conjured, but yeah i noticed it only cause i watched the stationary one
    I'm 90% sure he never has. Do you have a source of reference?

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Dreadlords are super-duper powerful commanders or spymasters.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I read the comic to imply we lose. We don't defeat the legion. The Exodar is going to be our escape pod.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'm 90% sure he never has. Do you have a source of reference?

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Dreadlords are super-duper powerful commanders or spymasters.

is all i could find
    but it may not be it, as it was in cataclysm, and he had given it to baine, but baine returned it shortly after... so it may be it, may not be it, its also the same art used for hearthstone
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-22 at 01:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

is all i could find
    the thing he is holding is a scepter, a wand game wise, not a hammer.
    its not the fearbreaker.

- - - Updated - - -

also, could people stop using wowwiki as a source? that site is so outdated its insane.
    use wowpedia instead.

Formerly known as Arafal

He's pretty much acting as High King in Legion already.
    And...? That doesn't change anything. Just that he was confirmed as high king earlier then you personally would have liked.

Look dude. A lot of us are psyched about this comic and the story possibilities it leads for us as Warcraft fans. If you don't like it? Cool. Still? Let the "High King" thing go. There's a difference between not liking something and bringing up you don't like something at every opportunity.

Deleted
    High King and Supreme Commander are very different things. High King is literally a king that rules over other kings. That's what the term means to me.
    Fixed. It was never explained what the title of "High King" really meant beside being the supreme commander of the Alliance. It's a title. Sylvanas is a Queen, yet she doesn't have a kingdom. Theron is a Regent yet there are no more Sunstriders alive.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-07-22 at 01:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the thing he is holding is a scepter, a wand game wise, not a hammer.
    its not the fearbreaker.

- - - Updated - - -

also, could people stop using wowwiki as a source? that site is so outdated its insane.
    use wowpedia instead.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Fearbreaker
    well there, and the art it does show is pretty accurate to the description of the weapon, but yeah the wep he uses is def conjured... its way to golden to be fearbreaker, its gotta be a light conjured weapon, as fearbreaker is allmost titan like

Quote Originally Posted by Disreali View Post
    And...? That doesn't change anything. Just that he was confirmed as high king earlier then you personally would have liked.

Look dude. A lot of us are psyched about this comic and the story possibilities it leads for us as Warcraft fans. If you don't like it? Cool. Still? Let the "High King" thing go. There's a difference between not liking something and bringing up you don't like something at every opportunity.
    If Anduin is high king now that means it's hereditary which means it is not just a military title like people are pretending it is.

Fixed. It was never explained what the title of "High King" really meant.
    Yeah it was, when it was announced it was supposed to be the other leaders bowing to Varian and saying, "You are totally my king, I will follow you anywhere." It was literally the other leaders swearing loyalty to Varian as their king. That is what Blizzard originally meant for High King to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I read the comic to imply we lose. We don't defeat the legion. The Exodar is going to be our escape pod.
    Sweet. Shame about all those Horde that we "forgot" to invite.

Deleted
    Yeah it was, when it was announced it was supposed to be the other leaders bowing to Varian and saying, "You are totally my king, I will follow you anywhere." It was literally the other leaders swearing loyalty to Varian as their king. That is what Blizzard originally meant for High King to be.
    Which part of "beside being the supreme commander of the Alliance" you misunderstood? Varian didn't decided about the internal issue of each Alliance nation, except for the Council of the Three Hammer (which was actually Anduin's idea).

"Despite criticism, Zarhym has said that the position of High King thematically fits the Alliance, because "the Alliance formed an allegiance around human kingdoms."[3] According to Dave Kosak's twitter, "Much like the "Warchief" of the Horde, the High King is trying to coordinate the actions of all the races in the Alliance."[4] Chris Metzen and Dave Kosak later clarified that it was about military control similar to Anduin Lothar's position as Supreme Allied Commander,[5] not about faction-wide political control.[6] Metzen also confirmed that the High King only has control over the forces given to him, and leaders who don't like his calls can choose not to commit their forces.[7]"

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Trials_of_the_High_King

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

is all i could find
    but it may not be it, as it was in cataclysm, and he had given it to baine, but baine returned it shortly after... so it may be it, may not be it, its also the same art used for hearthstone
    That's.... Not Fearbreaker, not a hammer. That's a scepter, his ugly baby model had the same one in Vanilla. There are two drawings of Fearbreaker, both depict Baine holding it, and it looks a lot like something from Ulduar,- which makes sense:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:BaineA...rsBeforeUs.jpg
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Glowei..._Bloodhoof.jpg

Doesn't look that different from generic Paladin hammers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    What? How did you get that? The ending shows them in the Exodar, with Anduin as an old high king, ready to launch an attack against "The Shadows", which is most certainly Void Lords. Nothing Legion there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which part of "beside being the supreme commander of the Alliance" you misunderstood? Varian didn't decided about the internal issue of each Alliance nation, except for the Council of the Three Hammer (which was actually Anduin's idea).

"Despite criticism, Zarhym has said that the position of High King thematically fits the Alliance, because "the Alliance formed an allegiance around human kingdoms."[3] According to Dave Kosak's twitter, "Much like the "Warchief" of the Horde, the High King is trying to coordinate the actions of all the races in the Alliance."[4] Chris Metzen and Dave Kosak later clarified that it was about military control similar to Anduin Lothar's position as Supreme Allied Commander,[5] not about faction-wide political control.[6] Metzen also confirmed that the High King only has control over the forces given to him, and leaders who don't like his calls can choose not to commit their forces.[7]"

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Trials_of_the_High_King
    Clearly not if Anduin is acting as high king in Legion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Fearbreaker
    well there, and the art it does show is pretty accurate to the description of the weapon, but yeah the wep he uses is def conjured... its way to golden to be fearbreaker, its gotta be a light conjured weapon, as fearbreaker is allmost titan like
    Certain spells imbue weapons though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Certain spells imbue weapons though.
    yeah, i whent off cause it popped up on wowwiki saying "fearbreaker" then showed this picture but yeah its horrid...

also yes but it still looks something like the original weapon

also the whole "no hammer anywhere before or after"

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    Sweet. Shame about all those Horde that we "forgot" to invite.
    The horde die valiantly while the alliance run.

Deleted
    Clearly not if Anduin is acting as high king in Legion.
    In your headcanon opinion. The actions of Genn says otherwise.