Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

My opinion of the Aspect of the Cheetah change.

I have been a WoW player and Mmo-Champion lurker for nine years and only this change to Aspect of the Cheetah has prompted me to create an account.

I am writing with the hope of building community support to revert the change made to Aspect of the Cheetah back to its former functionality. I have loved playing the hunter for nearly a decade; the class has always been my character main and favorite by far to boot.

With the change to Aspect of the Cheetah, and it is a MASSIVE change, I can literally feel my brain slowing down. It is causing a physical pain in my head. I absolutely abhor this change. The change is a depression and retardant to the class; it makes me not want to play anymore. It feels like our character is constantly running in mud. It makes me want to turn off my computer and go outside because running around at 100% whilst waiting for an 11-second speed boost every three minutes FEELS like an enormous waste of my personal time, and believe me, 9 years of consistent 130-138% (with the glyph) running speed makes a HUGE difference to travel time in the form of days and days worth of time.

I call for Aspect of the Cheetah to be reverted to its former self. I will continue to be extremely distressed about this change. I know that in the grand scheme of things, perhaps World of Warcraft does not matter, but in this moment, in regards to a game I have invested 100's of days, absolutely dominated by playing a hunter main, I cannot sit silently and allow blizzard to change one of the most fundamental aspects of being a hunter. Please support me and my fellow hunters in the hopes of reverting this change.

Good fucking luck.
    Blizzard doesn't give two shits about your opinion.
    There is no way we can get enough support to revert this change.
    While we're at it, we need to get support to revert the change on making the Hunter, a brand new fucking class.

I will Not be playing this expansion, or, subsequent expansions.
    Hunter is dead, RIP.
    Fuck this game.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

It'd be bearable if it weren't a 3 minute cooldown. Wasn't it like 1 minute on the beta originally? Talk about a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Good fucking luck.
    Blizzard doesn't give two shits about your opinion.
    There is no way we can get enough support to revert this change.
    While we're at it, we need to get support to revert the change on making the Hunter, a brand new fucking class.

I will Not be playing this expansion, or, subsequent expansions.
    Hunter is dead, RIP.
    Fuck this game.
    Change is so hard and scary

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to run at normal speed most of the time must super suck, I feel for you.

Its 3min on beta too, but its augmented via Artifact perk. Its 20% on Aspects Cooldowns. So.. its down to 2.3 mins.

Tbh, I agree with OP, New Cheetah is horrible, im not even having it in my bars, or even in a macro. Simply ignoring it completely.

Even so.. i dont want to discourage you but.. youre voicing your opinion for nothing. Pre-patch is already like, so that would be about it for now till next bigger content update that well see from Survivals QoL changes. Legion is already in the game, its content is just locked out till August 30th.

I would like to see Cheetah back, or even this iteration with reduced CD, but if i could choose i would more like to see back Disengage (sheer survival utility) or Misdirect (Misdirect to Pet for AoE pulls/farms) and some of our mechanics tweaked and bugs ironed out.
    But yes, i do agree that current Cheetah is horrible. To say ATLEAST.

The problem was that all aspects pretty much became cooldown abilities, and they wanted to push this "New Aspects" theme so hard and Cheetah was the odd one out.

They f@#$ed cheetah, they f@#$d it so hard that they made it the worst speed boost/bonus in the game that I can think of. Yes I'm sore about it, and I forever will be, as there was absolutely ZERO reason for them to gut it. We have had it since the game launched, it's never been that OP, It's just a steaming pile of "class designing"

If they didn't want us to have it, then why have the "brainstorm" of adding it to the MM artifact and call it Windrunning.

How about not giving cheetah to MM only and have it's benefit attached to the DASH talent on our 3rd tier (Which is a disgrace of a talent, the only worse I can think of is the dodge gain from our artifact, such a friggen joke).

At least it would still be about in some capacity, call it "Spirit of the Cheetah" while running your gain the spirit of the pack, gradually increasing movement speed of any party members within 8 yards.

I just don't understand how ripping our core identity/features from our classes, chopping them up and then adding them back in with restrictions is compelling game design, in fact it's weak and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post

No, i am a hunter, this change is good. The cooldown is way too long though, but the old aspect was shit, op and annoying

Deal with it
    Say what? So you're saying you don't like the new one due to the cooldown, the old one was shit, but.... this change is good! Wait what?

And the old one has been so OP it's been in the game for over a decade...

Well... okay not exactly a good change, but it could be better if they messed with it a bit and reduced the cooldown. Besides blizzard will be tuning things a bit more once legion is out especially with artifacts
    And the old AotC could be better if they messed with it a bit and reduced what was annoying??? (Which they did fix by having it drop when taking damage via a Glyph)

AotC was an one of a kind, original speed boost and very different to most other speed boosts in the game. Now we've ended up with a lame standard speed boost, but to top it off it's the redheaded step child of Speedboosts for a minimal amount of time and shocking cooldown. It's lazy designing at it's finest.

And I keep hearing "Artifacts will fix us!", yet again proving that they can't even evolve/edit a class without it then requiring a crutch to make it function as it once did... lazy designing at it's finest.

7+ Year Old Account
    man the people complain about cheeta being the worst speed boost in the game...
    you can lower it by 20% and can bring that down another 50% with a legendary

<_<
    (costs health per second to use, is rather slow, and is on the same row as one of our only defencive cooldowns...)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks a little yes, but you make it sound like you're always running on foot.

This change really only hits you in cave/indoor quests and soloing dungeons/raids. And in both of those situations you still have Disengage or Harpoon w/ Posthaste to supplement your movement. Those two abilities alone keep hunters as a fairly mobile class, and still the most mobile of the casters in the case of BM/MM.

I'd rather that they give the ability some utility if they really want to keep it at a 3 min cooldown.

how dafuq is that lazy? it literally is a new pretty good system like the old talent trees that give you more abilities after you hit 100
    Don't get me wrong, the artifact system seems pretty good and interesting enough, but it should be an addition to your character. If you need that artifact to make it work... THATS lazy designing. So now what happens when this expansion is over and we no longer have these artifacts? Oh yeah they will have to redesign it all... again!

And yeah they have contently been lazy, they then extend this classy behavior by now dangling "Oh look, shiny Legendarys" in front of us, that simply give us back what they took away?!?

The Apex Predator's Claw

• Equip: Your pet gains the passive abilities of all pet specializations and deals 10% increased damage.

Oh look it's our Adaption they stripped away....

Roar of the Seven Lions

• Equip: Bestial Wrath reduces the Focus cost of all your abilities by 20%.

Oh look it's our focus reduction they ripped out of our Bestial Wrath, I wondered where that went...

Roots of Shaladrassil

• Equip: Standing still causes you to send deep roots into the ground, healing you for 4% of your maximum health every 3 sec.

Funny that, I wondered why I was constantly dying, there's my old Spirit Bond...

It all leaves a very bitter taste in ones mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    Change is so hard and scary
    It's not change that's so hard, and or scary, it's the fact that the fun was detected and decimated, bruh. m8. homie. cheerio.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an adult, I have my own job and source of income, thanks. How's your basement?
    I like the sport basketball. If all of a sudden you had to play basketball with a fucking tennis racket-- how is that basketball anymore?
    It's not
    Go eat fuck else where.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    It sucks a little yes, but you make it sound like you're always running on foot.

This change really only hits you in cave/indoor quests and soloing dungeons/raids. And in both of those situations you still have Disengage or Harpoon w/ Posthaste to supplement your movement. Those two abilities alone keep hunters as a fairly mobile class, and still the most mobile of the casters in the case of BM/MM.

I'd rather that they give the ability some utility if they really want to keep it at a 3 min cooldown.
    Harpoon with posthaste does fuckall to help when you have to run away from a bosses aoe. Or when you wipe and have to run through half of the dungeon to get back. It's not like there are conveniently placed training dummies for us to harpoon to when we need to get away from something, so our only option is a 3 minute cooldown if we need to get away quick.
    Last edited by Derian; 2016-07-22 at 04:58 AM. Reason: repetition is repetition

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Harpoon with posthaste does fuckall to help when you have to run away from a bosses aoe. Or when you wipe and have to run through half of the dungeon to get back after a wipe. It's not like there are conveniently placed training dummies for us to harpoon to when we need to get away from something, so our only option is a 3 minute cooldown if we need to get away quick.
    In both of those situations you're at the same disadvantage as your other group members who don't have readily available speed boosts. The boss AoE will at least be tuned for the lowest common denominator class, and running back in the dungeon only sucks if you're the last one back, but they tend to give you checkpoints these days anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    In both of those situations you're at the same disadvantage as your other group members who don't have readily available speed boosts. The boss AoE will at least be tuned for the lowest common denominator class, and running back in the dungeon only sucks if you're the last one back, but they tend to give you checkpoints these days anyhow.
    Death Knight - Wraith Walk, 1m cd
    Rogue - Sprint, 1m cd
    Warrior - Heroic Leap, 45s cd
    Enhancement Shaman - Spirit Walk, 1m cd
    Ret - Nothing baseline, but can talent Divine Steed - 45s cd
    Demon hunter - Hops all over the place, mostly Fel Rush, 2 charges, 10s cd
    Windwalker - Roll, Tiger's Lust, FSK, all under 30s cd
    Survival hunter - Aspect of the Cheetah, 3m cd

You don't see how maybe, just maybe, survival is at a disadvantage compared to the other melee specs, at least when it comes to a "oh shit I need to skedaddle" moment? Also, harpoon seems to pretty regularly move us to the very center of the boss, so we can't exactly finagle a harpoon-posthaste as an escape.

I really dislike what they did to hunters, only two specs are really a hunter spec and this speed boost is garbage.

Do not get the point of the new Cheetah. It is *completely* useless if you have posthaste.

Posthaste: 60% speed boost for 8sec on a 20sec cd. Also the leap covers quite a distance.
    Cheetah: 90% for 3sec, 30% for 6sec on a 3min cd.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea it's changes like these that make me not play certain classes anymore. This with Hunters is the same. Not gonna main the Hunter in Legion. Feels too different to my liking

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Death Knight - Wraith Walk, 1m cd
    Rogue - Sprint, 1m cd
    Warrior - Heroic Leap, 45s cd
    Enhancement Shaman - Spirit Walk, 1m cd
    Ret - Nothing baseline, but can talent Divine Steed - 45s cd
    Demon hunter - Hops all over the place, mostly Fel Rush, 2 charges, 10s cd
    Windwalker - Roll, Tiger's Lust, FSK, all under 30s cd
    Survival hunter - Aspect of the Cheetah, 3m cd

You don't see how maybe, just maybe, survival is at a disadvantage compared to the other melee specs, at least when it comes to a "oh shit I need to skedaddle" moment? Also, harpoon seems to pretty regularly move us to the very center of the boss, so we can't exactly finagle a harpoon-posthaste as an escape.
    And on a boss like Xhul where you can get picked over and over to run out everyone is at the same advantage/disadvantage. The difference is we run a bit slower getting out but get back to the boss faster. The biggest issue this comes to is a fight like Fel Lord where maybe, MAYBE you get picked twice for seeds. For all other instances, most raids have things set up for stampeding roar and other increases for a group to move if needed.
    Is it all completely fair? Not really, but it's not that damaging to playing the game.