Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotcho View Post
    I have been a WoW player and Mmo-Champion lurker for nine years and only this change to Aspect of the Cheetah has prompted me to create an account.

snip
    Your beloved hunter ability is just collateral in a process that started with MoP: class ability pruning. You just didn't care about it until it affected you. The same way you now feel about AotC i felt about hunter's mark, eyes of the beast, dual wielding, wingclip, etc. It's a bit too late to cry about it now, when they realized that decade old classes can be butchered and nobody makes a peep about it.

If you think about it, the current incarnation of AotC is more akin to a real life cheetah. Cheetahs don't run for long distances at slightly increased speeds, they have a burst of speed for a few seconds at the beginning, then they get tired and slow down, just like the new talent.

I think you're mostly annoyed by the loss of convenience provided by a constant speed boost for instances or zones where you cannot mount on something faster. That can be offset by clever use of disengaging and post haste plus rocket boots.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Your beloved hunter ability is just collateral in a process that started with MoP: class ability pruning. You just didn't care about it until it affected you. The same way you now feel about AotC i felt about hunter's mark, eyes of the beast, dual wielding, wingclip, etc. It's a bit too late to cry about it now, when they realized that decade old classes can be butchered and nobody makes a peep about it.

If you think about it, the current incarnation of AotC is more akin to a real life cheetah. Cheetahs don't run for long distances at slightly increased speeds, they have a burst of speed for a few seconds at the beginning, then they get tired and slow down, just like the new talent.

I think you're mostly annoyed by the loss of convenience provided by a constant speed boost for instances or zones where you cannot mount on something faster. That can be offset by clever use of disengaging and post haste plus rocket boots.
    I appreciate your post, and I appreciate everyones supportive posts. Let me correct you on a few points. I have always cared about what they change to the hunter class. I was very sad about losing the Eyes of the Beast as I have very fond memories of running around ICC with my pet (alongside other hunters doing the same thing) whilst our raid sat and prepared for the next attempt at a boss. I was sad when I couldn't wield a melee weapon anymore. I was sad at the removal of wing-clip. I am also sad about the current removal of Tranq shot, traps, camouflage, stable accessibility from anywhere, among other things. Like you, I was also sad about Hunter's Mark being an explicit skill removed.

I have been using disengage and Rocket Boots since WotLK, and they support quicker movement, but the point is, overtime, over the next couple years, days and days and days... of my life... and my fellow hunters, our lives, will be wasted if we continue to play this current version of the hunter.

Only the change to Aspect of the Cheetah is the one I cannot accept silently. And while I too had thought that yes, it is similar to a cheetah in that we start off fast and then "get tired" (not unlike the realistic way they've altered "Stampede"), I do not agree with this change, and again I state my opinion, I do not like this fundamental change to the way the hunter class plays. I continue to argue that I believe no other change to the hunter class has been this devastating.
    Last edited by Scotcho; 2016-07-22 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Good fucking luck.
    Blizzard doesn't give two shits about your opinion.
    There is no way we can get enough support to revert this change.
    While we're at it, we need to get support to revert the change on making the Hunter, a brand new fucking class.

I will Not be playing this expansion, or, subsequent expansions.
    Hunter is dead, RIP.
    Fuck this game.
    Indeed major change to that i don't even feel like a hunter anymore, We've had years of trying to be shoved into either the caster or melee camp without really benefiting from either sides buffs, Blizz have no idea where to take hunter so it was poorly redesigned as a gimmick.
    though the speed buff is least of my issues.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Death Knight - Wraith Walk, 1m cd
    Rogue - Sprint, 1m cd
    Warrior - Heroic Leap, 45s cd
    Enhancement Shaman - Spirit Walk, 1m cd
    Ret - Nothing baseline, but can talent Divine Steed - 45s cd
    Demon hunter - Hops all over the place, mostly Fel Rush, 2 charges, 10s cd
    Windwalker - Roll, Tiger's Lust, FSK, all under 30s cd
    Survival hunter - Aspect of the Cheetah, 3m cd

You don't see how maybe, just maybe, survival is at a disadvantage compared to the other melee specs, at least when it comes to a "oh shit I need to skedaddle" moment? Also, harpoon seems to pretty regularly move us to the very center of the boss, so we can't exactly finagle a harpoon-posthaste as an escape.
    Relative to other melee at skedaddling away, yes, but as Eapoe said above Harpoon will get you back in faster. There's a lot of use for that in many of the fights in HFC at least.

Or if you can predict the moment of skedaddle, which you usually can, you can pop your harpoon a second or two early and get 6-7 seconds of your posthaste as a sprint while sacrificing the speed of your return.

You don't have a tool for absolutely every movement scenario in the book, but you still have more mobility flexibility overall than the classes who only have their ~1m sprints. You will also never compete with DHs and WWs as they are supposed to be Sonic and Shadow of melee in WoW. 'Gotta go fast.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the new incarnation of Cheetah is good or perfect by any means, but your mobility hasn't been gutted.

Deleted
    Im afraid this is how it works.

Blizzard has an enervating vice of change for the sake of change because "We have new raids/zones in Legion!! its all the same but different content!!" dont make a successful marketing.

So sometimes the design changes are just "It's new!! It's bright!! Try it!!" and no better than the past iteration.

We are not gonna change that so the thing here is : a lot of specs changes means they could ruin your class but a lot of specs changes means they could make fun another spec/class you didnt liked before.

That's my advice: if you see your boat is burning look around you.Maybe theres another boat that was burning but not anymore.

P.S: I'm gonna play hunter.The above statements does not reflect my personal position on the class.

I'd honestly them just remove cheetah for SV and give the spec Disengage back. Hell if they really want they can put Disengage in SV's talent tree in place of Farstrider talent that resets harpoon.
    While they are at it they need to bake Disengage's old glyph into the ability because it doesn't go as far anymore >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Death Knight - Wraith Walk, 1m cd
    Rogue - Sprint, 1m cd
    Warrior - Heroic Leap, 45s cd
    Enhancement Shaman - Spirit Walk, 1m cd and Ghost Wolf 30% speed no cooldown infinite duration. Just like old cheetah.
    Ret - Nothing baseline, but can talent Divine Steed - 45s cd
    Demon hunter - Hops all over the place, mostly Fel Rush, 2 charges, 10s cd
    Windwalker - Roll, Tiger's Lust, FSK, all under 30s cd
    Survival hunter - Aspect of the Cheetah, 3m cd

You don't see how maybe, just maybe, survival is at a disadvantage compared to the other melee specs, at least when it comes to a "oh shit I need to skedaddle" moment? Also, harpoon seems to pretty regularly move us to the very center of the boss, so we can't exactly finagle a harpoon-posthaste as an escape.
    Fixed it by adding what was left out :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    It's not change that's so hard, and or scary, it's the fact that the fun was detected and decimated, bruh. m8. homie. cheerio.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an adult, I have my own job and source of income, thanks. How's your basement?
    I like the sport basketball. If all of a sudden you had to play basketball with a fucking tennis racket-- how is that basketball anymore?
    It's not
    Go eat fuck else where.
    You really do not sound as an adult...... Give it a week and you are adapted to the change..... It's really not that big of a deal.

Well... Im a bit salty for watching backs of all other classes leaving me in the dust when were running anywhere together, as a party as a raid as FRIENDS... lets say to a boss after a wipe.

If im not mistaken, since this is just thought from the top of my brain, were only class that doesnt have ANY passive movement increase AND decent active button to press for short speed boosts for situations that are OH MY GOD TIME TO FOG OUT OF HERE.

Updated, made it as a list for it to be cleaner and easier to read because maybe some blizz dev wanders here by any cosmic chain events chance and see this
    , covered all classes. NOW WITH COLORS TOO!

Melee:
    • Death Knight - Wraith Walk - 1m cd,
    • Unholy DKs - in addition to mentioned DKs buffs passive 15% speed bonus,
    • Rogue - Sprint - 1m cd,
    • Warrior - Heroic Leap - 45s cd,
    • Enhancement Shaman - Spirit Walk - 1m cd , Gust of Wind - 15s cd OR Wind Rush Totem (AoE speed buff) - 2m cd and Ghost Wolf 30% speed no cooldown infinite duration. Just like old cheetah.
    • Ret - Nothing baseline, but can talent Divine Steed - 45s cd
    • Demon hunter - LETS NOT TALK ABOUT THEM!
    • Windwalker - Roll, Tiger's Lust, FSK, all under 30s cd
    • Druids - all specs skills - Stampeding Roar 2m cd, Displacer Beasts - 30s cd OR Wild Charge in travel form - 15s cd and Travel Form 30% speed no cooldown infinite duration. Just like old cheetah, Dash - 3m cd like our new cheetah
    • Kitty Druids - in addition to mentioned druid buffs passive 45% speed bonus,

And theres us, survival hunters:
    • Survival hunter - Aspect of the Cheetah, 3m cd

Ranged:
    • Priests - Fade, 30s cd, Dispersion, 2m cd,
      Holy Priests - in addition to mentioned Priests buffs Feathers - 3charges, 20s recharge OR Body and Mind - 10s cd, Leap of Fate - trolololo,
      Disc Priests - in addition to mentioned Priests buffs Feathers - 3charges, 20s recharge OR Body and Soul - passive for PW: Shield - 6s cd, Leap of Fate - trolololo,
    • Mage - Blink - 15s cd, Ice Block and Invisibility - 5m cds
    • Locks - except Demo Gateway - 10s cd, burning rush - speed increase at the cost of health,
    • Elemental Shaman - Spirit Walk, 1m cd and Ghost Wolf 30% speed no cooldown infinite duration. Just like old cheetah.

And YET AGAIN theres:
    • Marksman/ BM Hunter - - Aspect of the Cheetah, 3m cd

Easiest Fix for this would be simply to add Glyph of "Harpoon of Friendship" where you could Harpoon to friendly targets too. If Stitches has it in HOTS, why wouldnt we have it? I dont care if i trow my weapon, harpoon, hook or what not cosmetic that Glyphs add at my target, but i would launch ANY DAY ALL DAY my harpoon of friendship to my Chicken Druid to save my butt. Easy as that.

Spoiler: 
    No Chickens or Chick Druids were harm during making of this post
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-07-22 at 03:32 PM.

I like the new cheetah. Cooldown def. needs cutting but other than that it's fine. I love what they did with BM and all of the crazy masses of pets and I am pretty much ok with MM now that get how it works (which will obv change with weapon.) It sucks that SV dmg relies so heavily on the artifact because I am starting out as BM and will be long from getting the SV arti.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    And YET AGAIN theres:
    [list][*]Marksman/ BM Hunter - - Aspect of the Cheetah, 3m cd[list]
    BM and MM can also have posthaste talent for speed buff after using diengage, which is actually pretty decent even if it's a bit goofy to use at times.

Edit: Another one for the list, Warlocks (all specs i think?) can talent burning rush for a speed increase at the cost of health.
    Last edited by Miggy; 2016-07-22 at 02:41 PM.

All these lists that show all the low CD's like Heroic Leap for other classes then show only Aspect at 3m for Surv is inherently wrong...we have Harpoon too. The Artifact also gives us refreshes to Harpoon on kills and a redux in Aspect CD (down to 2.3min but a lot more bearable when you factor in how much Harpooning we do). I'd like for it to be baseline much lower too, but in all honesty it's not as bad as you make it sound in function outside of in the Pre-Patch. Yes right now it seems horribad b/c most everything for Legion (including the Pre-Patch changes) are balanced around you having the Artifact...

Stop worrying about what things are right now and just have fun for the next month. Nothing right now matters. When you are 110 and raiding, if there is still a concern voice it then and it will be way more likely to be listened to for tuning in an upcoming patch...bitching right now about Pre-Patch is just going to be ignored.

Not going to lie on Tues and Wed I was considering quitting the game. Last night I sat and bg'd for 4 or 5 hours as MM and I had a lot of fun. We need turtle and cheetah on a 1 to 1.5 min CD, we need to be able to cast Aimed Shot on the move, and once we unlock the pvp tree we will get some MUCH needed cc back, all that gets done and we are actually in a decent place. Damage numbers still need some tuning changes but other than that it is not as horrible as I first though. With that said I still think BM needs a ton of love and SV needs its bow back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I seriously don't understand how anyone can be against the change. Aspect of the cheetah was utterly useless in raiding and pvp. I think the CD could be shorter but it's a great change.

Really? You must not care much about gameplay if you don't see the use of the old aspect for pvp.With the proper minor glyph you weren't even slowed down once hit. Perfect technique to stop someone from running away.

But its just like the loss of hunter marks, people claiming it was useless in pvp...oh my god how can so called "hunter players" say that when it was actually the best tool against stealth (more so than flare)

The same goes for the MOP talent that teleported your pet and did some type of kill command damage. It was manually activated at first and was great but then they had to make it a shitty passive. Goodbye the burst capacity, lets just make everything easy and dumb
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-07-22 at 02:37 PM.

Well how else is the design team supposed to accomplish class identity without making some abilities completely pointless?

Having a flat boost would have been nice, say 15% or so, along with cheetah - with it having such a long cooldown. Just something, not 100% sure but won't everyone lose the 10% speed boost when we start using legion cloak enchants too? It's sure gonna feel slow then.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never had cheetah or pack on my hot bar, jump disengage with post haste and nitro boots would get me back to the boss after wipes in plenty of time. Always hated being dazed and removed it as soon as I got a mount. New version coupled with post haste and nitro boots gives me everything I need. That and unless they nerf the damage I'm going MM so I'll have the artifact speed as well. I don't take pvp in wow seriously so I'll never miss it. I can agree a shorter CD would be cool, but disengage has a pretty damn short one.

LOL im a rogue that lost a permament 70% speed boost and im not whining

No offense, that spell is UBER SHIT! Kill it off plz and don't even bother using it.. It disgusted me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dileth View Post
    Always hated being dazed and removed it as soon as I got a mount.
    The minor glyph removed the daze. Like everyone had it because there wasn't anything else worth taking in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
    LOL im a rogue that lost a permament 70% speed boost and im not whining
    Why would you be? It was OP and everyone knew it was going away.

Deleted
    running old instances for transmog is definitely worse now, would be cool if there was a pet that gave a speed boost