Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I did the TBC ones on a level 74 and later a 100, tanking and dps.. On the level 74 tanking was a mild challenge without optimised gear or max level talents, but we had a weak/slow healer too, no wipes. On the level 100 I was just chain pulling everything.. The Shattered Halls x2, Arcatraz, Magisters Terrace, Slave Pens to memory, mostly tanking.

Seemed easy as ever to me, dungeons at the start of WOD when we were in the pre-raid phase were considerably more difficult.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep bringing up ilvl in timewalking?

Doesn't everything scale down?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Some Timewalking Dungeons were just too harsh anyway, but with changes to the classes as well as the new Tanking & Healing styles, it's taken its toll. Don't fret too much, once you get your Artifact and some traits, and more knowledge of the class things will smooth out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    yeah... how exactly is a disc priest supposed to heal out of combat ? cooking & first aid ?

i tried doing one timewalking on a priest alt i hadnt touched in a while, took one look at my disc bar and said "well, !@#$ this. lets try holy"
    shadow mend is a discs main heal apart from atonement, it heals upwards of 150k plus and applies atonement, if your not using atonement your spamming shadow mend.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I assume at least part of it is the fact that tanks and healers are balanced around being 110 with a fully-leveled artifact. When you remove all the power you get from your artifact, it probably doesn't scale down properly.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Tbh I can pull a lot in Timewalking now, now that I've got Ignore Pain on warriors figured out. But if it's not up I take pretty unhealable damage.

Deleted
    I'm a healer and I've noticed tanks drop like flies. Most of the time I can heal it but sometimes there's absolutely nothing I can do. Even if I use all of my cooldowns perfectly they just die. And I blame this 100% on the players.
    I'm really sorry, but most people just suck at this game. When gear is scaled down you notice it so much more than in the current dungeons. And when people keep standing in stuff and only move away when they're close to death, there's absolutely nothing I can do with my flash heals that heal ~20% of their HP. Especially if everyone is standing in stuff.

What I noticed most is tanks completely overestimating their survivability. They keep on pulling and pulling like there's no tomorrow. And then they just die. Because right after the pull they're at 50%, a second later at 10%, and when I heal them back up, they're already at 50% again. Don't pull so much if you don't have any cooldown. Is that really so hard to understand?

This obviously leads to wipes if there's group damage in addition to that. Because then there's absolutely no time to heal anyone else.
    And when the group is at low health after a fight and I don't have any mana left, the tanks still keep going.

Seriously, how unaware of their surroundings are these people? They can be glad that they haven't been hit by a truck while crossing the street yet.

I agree that the Arcatraz is overtuned; but my Brewmaster gets stomped on really badly if I'm cc'd for more than a few seconds, and half the CCs in any of the BC dungeons are all 5+ seconds. BM is just not designed to be locked down, as all of our mitigation comes from balancing when our brews and expel harm are used; and if we can't do anything we're basically a training dummy.

I had 3 Wrath runs last evening. First was Halls, which went smoothly. Next up was ToK, which started with the tank YOLO'ing in, getting absolutely destroyed, and leaving the group along with two other dps. At this point, I felt like I really was back in Wrath With the fill-ins though, it was a great run.

Last run, the healer seemed simply unable to keep the tank alive in most cases. Still, got through it with just a wipe or 3.

It's super funny to see people not interrupt spell flingers in Ahn'Kahet and getting one shot and going like "wtf just happened"

Deleted
    Modern healers are too used to be able to save everyone. DPS are too used to ignoring stuff on floor. Tanks are too used to be able to heal themselves and to having cooldowns for every situation. In old WoW before end of WoTLK basic awareness was natural thing people learned even in leveling dungeons. Tanks relying on healers and basic things like waiting for healer's mana before pull were standard thing in dungeons. Game was doing great. Then we got babysitting LFD nonsense. Now game is back to what it used to be - fun and engaging. At least in timewalking.

Timewalking is fine. Its simply l2p issue for many players - basic skill that decade ago used to be taught during leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    What I noticed most is tanks completely overestimating their survivability. They keep on pulling and pulling like there's no tomorrow.
    Votekick them. I've kicked few such tanks without any objections from the rest of group. Preferably before first boss so they would get 30 min deserter buff and maybe think of why they were kicked.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-07-29 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    anyone else been in a timewalking group (and god forbid, even mythics! ) and being utterly destroyed ever since the patch?

more specificity, the Arcatraz?

i kept seeing tanks being two shotted by the eredar in that place and then id get one shotted quickly after. maybe everything.
    No, I never saw tanks get two shotted by the Eredar there. What I do see if tanks pulling 3-4 Eredar instead of 1 at a time, and their massive AOE damage wipes out the group with unhealable high damage... just like Arcatraz when it was current.

What I see a lot of tanks do, is start cutting corners like a newbie, or make huge pulls like they are able to outgear a timewalking dungeon, or simply have no clue to boss mechanics and just wipe over and over and over. Usually these groups' tanks like to blame someone else and make the entire experience a nightmare.

Having tanked several timewalking dungeons myself, none of my groups wipe even a single time. I LOS pull carefully and take things at a reasonable pace, have a good time, get loots and move on.

The problem is tanks rushing or just playing badly in general. Timewalking is harder than heroics and tanks think they can just wing it. The quality of your timewalking dungeons, nine times out of ten, is based exclusively on the quality of your tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Votekick them. I've kicked few such tanks without any objections from the rest of group. Preferably before first boss so they would get 30 min deserter buff and maybe think of why they were kicked.
    Rarely works, sadly. The other players are usually just as bad and the tank tries to convince the group someone else is to blame. Or better yet, they queue with friends and there just isn't a damn thing you can do (Besides trick then, /votekick 'this warlock is really annoying' *kicks tank*. oops!).

With groups like this, you either have to weather the storm, or leave. Or get kicked out because the tank needs a scapegoat and you happen to be playing a hunter, etc.

The Nexus... happy to get it, because it's not PoS or Ahn'kahet.

On the first boss, the blood elf mage. In the middle of the fight two dps run away pulling the groups of mobs that are after the boss.
    We wipe and then a votekick to kick the tank is slapped on my screen.

And then the usual... the ramp after the second boss in PoS. The tank pulled the second boss with all those sludgies walking around at the same time and also didn't run away from the massive aoe damage around the boss, so he died, and the rest of us had to finish the boss without him, so I'm at like 25% mana after the fight. I say I need mana right as the tank mounts up and tell everyone to follow and to not slack behind(and starts moving as if people had even 10 seconds to react to his demand).
    "Oh, ok it's one of those tanks" I think to myself so I immediately mount up because me trying to get a drink will either result in 100% wipe or a votekick. It's safer for me to just mount up and hope we manage to skip the mobs(probably a 2% chance).
    Yep, it's extremely rare for this to work. Two dps slack behind and the first two groups of mobs on the ramp are aggroed. Only the tank died though, but it's still so annoying how people handle things.

In Pit of Saron it's really funny to see tanks just rushing Tyrannus without any regards for strats, and it never works. I've joined multiple groups that had been stuck at the final boss for half an hour because the tank was an idiot and didn't know what to do.