All in one Cooldown Tracking bar. Replacement for Watcher and SexyCooldown.

Edit: Watcher has been updated. Seems like to add spells to the list you need the spell ID number rather than just the name of the spell. You can find that number on the wowhead page for the spell.

Hello, I am looking for a replacement for two addons that I have used for years. Both of which are not updated for Legion, and infact, no longer have pages on curse.

The addons are Watcher and SexyCooldown.

Both are bars that track cooldowns as Icons scrolling along a bar. Unlike other addons though, these track all cooldowns on the same bar.

I use Watcher for my normal combat abilities. Tracking DoTs and Cooldowns. While I use SexyCooldown to track everything else. It is set on a Logarithmic scale showing cooldown times from 5 mins to 0 seconds.

Here is what Watcher looks like:
    http://i.imgur.com/BFeCiMg.gif

As you can see, it tracks all abilities on the same bar, showing them in a priority list, with the one to use next in front. SexyCooldown is much the same as this, only it shows all cooldowns not just ones I have selected in a priority list.

I have looked at some old posts of people looking for alternatives and none of them do what I need.
    Things like Need To Know and Tell Me When are not what I am looking for unless I missed some option for them. ForteXorcist Hasn't been updated in forever. CoolLine was the closest thing I found and its not quite right.

So, can anyone help me out here. I know this is a very specific request, but these are the addons I depend on the most.

On a related note: how hard would it be for someone with no real coding experience to fix these addons by themselves?
    Last edited by skribzy; 2016-07-23 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
    Hello, I am looking for a replacement for two addons that I have used for years. Both of which are not updated for Legion, and infact, no longer have pages on curse.

The addons are Watcher and SexyCooldown.

Both are bars that track cooldowns as Icons scrolling along a bar. Unlike other addons though, these track all cooldowns on the same bar.

I use Watcher for my normal combat abilities. Tracking DoTs and Cooldowns. While I use SexyCooldown to track everything else. It is set on a Logarithmic scale showing cooldown times from 5 mins to 0 seconds.

Here is what Watcher looks like:
    http://i.imgur.com/BFeCiMg.gif

As you can see, it tracks all abilities on the same bar, showing them in a priority list, with the one to use next in front. SexyCooldown is much the same as this, only it shows all cooldowns not just ones I have selected in a priority list.

I have looked at some old posts of people looking for alternatives and none of them do what I need.
    Things like Need To Know and Tell Me When are not what I am looking for unless I missed some option for them. ForteXorcist Hasn't been updated in forever. CoolLine was the closest thing I found and its not quite right.

So, can anyone help me out here. I know this is a very specific request, but these are the addons I depend on the most.

On a related note: how hard would it be for someone with no real coding experience to fix these addons by themselves?

I don't think any of those addon's are getting updated anymore as most likely alot of people are using WA, Have you considered using WeakAura's to make Cooldown tracking off important abilities? (You could also try asking the WoWAce Forums in the WeakAura's section to see if anyone can help code one) Also it would be pretty hard to fix them with no coding knowledge

Ohhh, im looking for exactly that, too! I dont know why no AddOns support a cooldown bar, it safes a loooot of space and is extremely good perception/design-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    I don't think any of those addon's are getting updated anymore as most likely alot of people are using WA, Have you considered using WeakAura's to make Cooldown tracking off important abilities? (You could also try asking the WoWAce Forums in the WeakAura's section to see if anyone can help code one) Also it would be pretty hard to fix them with no coding knowledge
    I was afraid that would be the case. I don't think WeakAuras can do this, but its worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Ohhh, im looking for exactly that, too! I dont know why no AddOns support a cooldown bar, it safes a loooot of space and is extremely good perception/design-wise.

Yes, I have used this since Wrath. If I could only raid with one addon, it would be Watcher.

Shame nobody has made another one. Watcher was never very popular, I only know of one other person who uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Reason people don't make them is its no longer considered useful when you have WeakAura's which is more powerful than one of those addons and the makers are probably using them aswell/

It doesn't do the stacking quite in the same way, but SPTimers @ Curse has the cooldown bar.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It doesn't do the stacking quite in the same way, but SPTimers @ Curse has the cooldown bar.
    Seems like the best option right now. Thanks, ill play around with it.

Raven has been updated and it has something similar which it calls timelines. The default Timeline bar group is for cooldowns and can be created from the Setup tab. If that looks like it might work for you then you can also create and customize timelines with any mix of buffs, debuffs and cooldowns that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomber View Post
    Raven has been updated and it has something similar which it calls timelines. The default Timeline bar group is for cooldowns and can be created from the Setup tab. If that looks like it might work for you then you can also create and customize timelines with any mix of buffs, debuffs and cooldowns that you want.
    True enough, forgot about the one in Raven.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Feels weird suggesting my own add-on, however ClassMods has timer bars you can configure to be moving, or stationary or re-order based on priority. The addon can do alot more, but if you only want the timer bars you can disable the rest and use even less memory etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomber View Post
    Thank you, this is exactly what I am looking for. Is there a way to easily Blacklist cooldowns? In SexyCooldown I could shift right click to make the cooldown stop appearing on the bar. The only setting I can see in Raven has you type in the name of the cooldown one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
    Thank you, this is exactly what I am looking for. Is there a way to easily Blacklist cooldowns? In SexyCooldown I could shift right click to make the cooldown stop appearing on the bar. The only setting I can see in Raven has you type in the name of the cooldown one by one.
    There are merits to both.
    I found a lot of the problem with forteXorcist back in the day was having to blacklist to make it actually useful, rather than cluttered.
    Therefore I have found it more useful starting with a blank slate so I think about everything that goes on it, and hopefully end up only with that which is relevant.
    Though different things work for different people.

There used to be a ____'s Hunter Bar addon that did something like this. The creater eventually branched out and created a customizable one that could work for any class, but I dont remember the name.

Edit: it was JSHB and JSHB4; can't open the sites at work, but I think JSHB4 is the customizable one. Not sure if it's up to date with 7.0 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Invispoet View Post
    There used to be a ____'s Hunter Bar addon that did something like this. The creater eventually branched out and created a customizable one that could work for any class, but I dont remember the name.

Edit: it was JSHB and JSHB4; can't open the sites at work, but I think JSHB4 is the customizable one. Not sure if it's up to date with 7.0 yet.
    ClassMods @ Curse.
    And that one is updated.