Question Legion Feels Melee Favored - Why I Feel That Way

I've been spending 10 hour days on Beta and testing every single spec in the game. I've gone through the Broken Isles intro enough times to make me sick. I've also reported over 100+ bugs according to the notepad I've been using to track how many bugs I've reported.

Every single spellcaster spec I have tried feels so underwhelming. In normal/heroics, I am absolutely obliterated by melee class specs and Hunters.

I've also been testing Melee specs and I'm having a blast with them. The new animations are great, they seem to have a far easier time soloing content, they have gap closers (I cannot fathom why they did this) and seem really favorable.

Does anyone else in the beta feel this way? It honestly feels like spellpower scaling is broken, even with all the specs having their artifact. I've gotten all the specs I've tested to 110 and I'm still not sick of the zones/world quests. However, spellcasters feel just utterly screwed and way too low on the damage meters.

Every single Heroic/Mythic dungeon I join is nothing but Demon Hunters and occasionally some other melee specs. For example, I just did a /who 110 Warlock and there's only 22 online.

Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    I've been spending 10 hour days on Beta and testing every single spec in the game. I've gone through the Broken Isles intro enough times to make me sick. I've also reported over 100+ bugs according to the notepad I've been using to track how many bugs I've reported.

Every single spellcaster spec I have tried feels so underwhelming. In normal/heroics, I am absolutely obliterated by melee class specs and Hunters.

I've also been testing Melee specs and I'm having a blast with them. The new animations are great, they seem to have a far easier time soloing content, they have gap closers (I cannot fathom why they did this) and seem really favorable.

Does anyone else in the beta feel this way? It honestly feels like spellpower scaling is broken, even with all the specs having their artifact. I've gotten all the specs I've tested to 110 and I'm still not sick of the zones/world quests. However, spellcasters feel just utterly screwed and way too low on the damage meters.

Every single Heroic/Mythic dungeon I join is nothing but Demon Hunters and occasionally some other melee specs. For example, I just did a /who 110 Warlock and there's only 22 online.
    Well. That is sad for all the melee that will be sat.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

tuning is still ongoing, week after week melees are being nerfed and a lot ppl are playing melee on beta just for fun becouse of DH and new melee animations

Deleted
    Try PVP, then you'll know what melee heavy is. This game has been known as world of meleecraft for so long for a reason.

Deleted
    Generally casters take a while to get good as the majority of the time they scale better with gear compared to melee. No point in going overboard yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    I've gone through the Broken Isles intro enough times to make me sick.
    You know that you can skip the intro after you've done it once?