7+ Year Old Account

Balance question 7.0

Hi guys,

Just a quick question concerning the Balance rotation in 7.0.

After casting Starsurge, I get 1 Lunar Empowerment and 1 Solar Empowerment. And the Solar one is consumed instantly since Solar Wrath is my main Astral Power generator.

However should i also consume the Lunar Empowerment also using Lunar Strike even if I'm only fighting a single target?

Thank you.

Yes, you should use that aswell, even for single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixer View Post
    Hi guys,

Just a quick question concerning the Balance rotation in 7.0.

After casting Starsurge, I get 1 Lunar Empowerment and 1 Solar Empowerment. And the Solar one is consumed instantly since Solar Wrath is my main Astral Power generator.

However should i also consume the Lunar Empowerment also using Lunar Strike even if I'm only fighting a single target?

Thank you.
    I don't believe so, could be wrong though. Wasting three casts on LS to use up the empowerment seems like it would be a dps loss due to the slower cast time no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I don't believe so, could be wrong though. Wasting three casts on LS to use up the empowerment seems like it would be a dps loss due to the slower cast time no?

no because an empowered lunar strike is stronger then a non empowered solar wrath.
    so yes you should also use an empowered lunar strike even on single target and dont overcap on empowerments

Quote Originally Posted by Maldrock View Post
    no because an empowered lunar strike is stronger then a non empowered solar wrath.
    so yes you should also use an empowered lunar strike even on single target and dont overcap on empowerments
    Yeah just did some testing on the dummies, it does seem like you should use up the 3 stacks of Lunar before swapping back to casting wraths. Makes the rotation a little more interesting too which is nice.

Wrath/SS until 3 stacks of Lunar, then cast 3 lunar strikes to clear, then go back to wrath/SS stacking. Interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Appreciate the fast replies.

Thank you so much guys!!

Just don't overcap but you can also save up the lunar empowerments if you have adds coming up in the near future, so when they're around you have 3 charges to use up.

Deleted
    I found it best to just cast right after starsurge follow up with Lunar Strike. If you have Starlord talent your cast time is reduced by 20% if it is empowered and it makes it much better to use.

I refresh dots, Wrath until i have around 50 Astral Power, then SS followed by LS. This give me around 24 Astral Power and if I have to renew Stellar Flare i have Astral Power to do so. If no refresh is needed then just Solar Wrath to 50 and repeat .. feels nice and smooth this way ...

Only time I would wait with using empowerment is if I know a priority add is coming out I need to burst. Then build 3xLS, when add is out - Dots -> LS -> SS -> LS -> LS -> LS ->SS -> SW -> LS if the add is still up