Floridaman steals boat belonging to dentist who killed Cecil the lion and crashes it

The stolen boat that crashed off the southern end of Marco Island on Sunday afternoon belongs to the Minnesota dentist who sparked international fury for killing Cecil the lion last summer, police said.

Andrew Derwin, 26, of Marco Island, was arrested Tuesday on a felony charge of grand theft. Police said he stole and crashed Walter Palmer's boat off Caxambas Pass.

Officials initially were called to a boat crash at the Caxambas Park Marina.

Marco Island Fire Rescue and Collier County EMS performed first aid. Derwin's passenger, Nicolas Stolinas, suffered serious injuries when struck by the vessel's propeller.

Police said they soon learned the boat was stolen and registered to Palmer.

Derwin, Palmer's neighbor, took the keys to the boat from the rear lanai of Palmer's home Sunday, according to Marco Island police.

A woman who watches over Palmer's house told officials the Minnesota dentist left the keys on the lanai for a boat maintenance person to service the vessel. Palmer was supposed to let the woman know when to take the boat keys back inside the house.

The boat is valued at $61,175.

Collier County Sheriff's Office arrest records state Derwin has been arrested 13 times before on various charges, including driving under the influence, forgery and fleeing from law enforcement. The Sheriff's Office website states he still was in custody Wednesday, with bail set at $10,000.

Palmer made headlines last July for killing a prized lion while on a hunting trip in Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe.

His Marco Island vacation home was vandalized last August. Someone spray-painted the words “Lion killer!” in blue on the white garage door of the $1.1 million home. The vandals also left at least seven pickled pig’s feet on the home’s driveway near the street.
    http://www.naplesnews.com/story/news...lion/87363670/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Darwin Award entry?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

At least florida man picked on someone deserving of their unique skills for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    At least florida man picked on someone deserving of their unique skills for a change.
    This. I mean the thief is pretty dumb, but at least he picked on another dick.

Doesn't that dentist live in the Midwest? Why would he have a boat all the way down in Florida? Maybe he moved?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Doesn't that dentist live in the Midwest? Why would he have a boat all the way down in Florida? Maybe he moved?
    Floridaman set a trap. He posted an ad on the Internet bragging about his 15 feet tall albino alligator, and the victim just couldn't resist.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

He lives in Marco...It's full of rich fuckers. I'd bet most of the people there have a home somewhere else in the US and he only uses his florida home in the winter. There's a ton of people that do this in SW FL.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rich people have multiple homes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Rich people have multiple homes.
    Wait...wait..wait.. are you saying rich people spend their money and dont hoard it?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I am sure the dentist has insurance. This won't even stop a beat in the dentist.

Dentist: 2
    Cecil the Lion: 0

The dentist wins again!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I am sure the dentist has insurance. This won't even stop a beat in the dentist.

The dentist wins again!
    LOL, no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

The dentist wins again!
    "I didn't like that boat anyways, with the insurance money, I can buy a bigger boat. A better boat. "
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

He left the boat and the keys accessible.
    Even if you are expecting someone that was a dumb move.
    Lets hope the insurers take that into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Darwin Award entry?
    Everyone in the story is alive and able to reproduce. I'm not sure where Darwin awards come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Everyone in the story is alive and able to reproduce. I'm not sure where Darwin awards come in.
    Cause God Damn it, this Dentist killed a fucking lion named Cecil who I knew nothing about until I saw it on Rachel Maddow, and we all cried because the Lion had a name and it was Cecil, and I refuse to acknowledge the facts that these hunter hobbyists actually are the reason these game preserves are able to operate and in turn save 1000's of more lions from poachers. I want to believe in this magical fairy tail where Lions run around in their rainbow habitat and the indigenous African population aren't out there killing them in droves. And I won't ever believe that the indigenous African population would probably kill all the lions on these game preserves if it wasn't for the money these hunter hobbyist pay in fees.