If you are expecting to be top of the meters for both AoE or ST never going to be happy.

Choose one or the other.

Ret Paladin AoE is just fine when not even spec'd into the extra AoE talents.

Hitting 600k+ on AoE trash as ST spec is fine by me.

I mean on really big cheese AoE trash pulls I can hit over 3 million for a moment. (Im looking at you imps in VotW)

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    wrong unless you don´t go for crusade on pull.

first build 3 hp -> judge -> crusade -> tv -> Wake

if you want to gamble on a BoW proc in the first 2 melee swings:

judge -> BoW -> Zeal/CS -> BoW -> Judge -> Crusade -> TV -> Zeal/CS -> TV -> Wake
    Actually nah, his pull is right for most people. Your mileage may vary depending on gear as usual, use this template to sim for yourself http://pastebin.com/Sea4qjP4

So I lucked out and got the cloak last week, followed by an 895 Xavius relic this week. If ya'll could send some more good vibes my way, I could use a legendary belt before nighthold hits :P

RNGesus blessed me in M EN tonight.

99% parse on both Nyth and Elerethe. Basically no debuffs(just one rot) and some perfectly timed Retributions.

Now if only he would bless me with cloak and/or belt.

Hi guys
    Which is better to use an addon to inflict as much damage as possible. Priority legendary cloak

I haven't kept up on the ret group think over the last month or so, what's our trinket setup looking like in Nighthold?

I'm assuming Convergence is BiS, and I'm wondering if that will allow something else like Eye of Command to edge out Faulty Countermeasure due to it desynching the cooldown with Crusade.

So, everyone afraid the belt will get nerfed when 7.1.5 is live, why shouldnt we be doing massive burstdmg?
    I've seen Demonhunters pull a million dps on EN bosses.
    Trinketwise I'd say if you have convergence eye of command should be the choice, if you dont have it, then faulty countermeasure, or if You're like me who has run Vault of the Wardens on mythic + nearly 40 times without having it seen drop once horn of valor.

On a sidenote, Storm is banned again, I hope he stays that way.

The belt in it's current iteration is roughly the same power as the cloak is on live. That being said, the cloak is nerfed on ptr with alot of the other dps legendaries taking a big hit aswell. Why would they introduce something new that is broken just when they are bringing the old dps legendaries down? So it comes down to the legendary power level being too high at the moment, and not just that it would give us too much burst.

For the trinkets, I'm pretty confident that the 2min use trinkets will both fall off hard with the desync caused by convergence. For now I'll be sticking to my 895 versa stat-stick to pair it with convergence when I'm lucky enough to get that on any difficulty pretty much. We'll see what happens after that with trinkets, but most likely one of the nightghold trinkets will be the best pair for convergence atleast when we get the mythic ilevel ones.

Why would they introduce something new that is broken just when they are bringing the old dps legendaries down? So it comes down to the legendary power level being too high at the moment, and not just that it would give us too much burst.
    This is very interesting. Why nerf cloak, and buff the belt to be equally as broken? Blizzard are recreating the same problem they seem to want to resolve.

Only thing different I can see is that the belt is BiS for all 3 specs. So getting the belt keeps a ret pally open to playing other specs, and not lockdown that pally into only playing ret - which is probably what the cloak would do? Still, this leads to an ineluctable cultural problem:- am I really a pally if I do not have the belt? Or...taking a simpler analogy, am I any less of a policeman if I do not wield a pistol?
    Last edited by xalai; 2017-01-06 at 05:11 AM.

Item - Paladin T19 Retribution 4P Bonus: Your Holy Power generating abilities have a 20% chance to generate 1 additional Holy Power.

This is up from 15%. Still not looking forward to it, randomly overcapping isn't a fun mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocidic View Post
    Item - Paladin T19 Retribution 4P Bonus: Your Holy Power generating abilities have a 20% chance to generate 1 additional Holy Power.

This is up from 15%. Still not looking forward to it, randomly overcapping isn't a fun mechanic.
    Could you imagine how shit it would be if they hadn't nerfed Liadrin's ring and we actually used Fires of Justice? The overcap would be unreal!

Whilst the buff from 15% to 20% is intriguing, the truth is we are a long way to go before anybody gets 4pcs, so meanwhile its quite an optical change

Im just agitated with having to keep dealing with Faulty, this entire loot set up is evil.

Deleted
    Hi guys and grills can u link me BiS trinkets for ret Pal. I mean this Doc.google, i can not find it :/ I will be grateful

Quote Originally Posted by xalai View Post
    This is very interesting. Why nerf cloak, and buff the belt to be equally as broken? Blizzard are recreating the same problem they seem to want to resolve.

Only thing different I can see is that the belt is BiS for all 3 specs. So getting the belt keeps a ret pally open to playing other specs, and not lockdown that pally into only playing ret - which is probably what the cloak would do? Still, this leads to an ineluctable cultural problem:- am I really a pally if I do not have the belt? Or...taking a simpler analogy, am I any less of a policeman if I do not wield a pistol?
    It's pretty obvious...I have 4 legendaries including the belt but no cloak. They knew I was salty af and wanted to make sure I was happy.

Deleted
    next week "balancing" patch. week after new content. Lets see how things will change for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyroz View Post
    Hi guys and grills can u link me BiS trinkets for ret Pal. I mean this Doc.google, i can not find it :/ I will be grateful
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

Deleted
    Thanks bro

What is the general go-to spec for M+ these days?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988