Deleted

Farming gold for Legion

Heya guys.

Came back to WoW yesterday after 7 month break, and I'm very low on gold.

Thought I'd ask you guys here what transmog items are good to farm in order to sell them at high prices on the AH, or if there's any other way to get gold before Legion hit live.

How do you currently farm gold now?

1: Kill the 4 "big" rares in Tanaan for the medallion.
    2: Sell those medallions.
    3: ???
    4: Profit

Quote Originally Posted by flichenstein View Post
    Heya guys.

Came back to WoW yesterday after 7 month break, and I'm very low on gold.

Thought I'd ask you guys here what transmog items are good to farm in order to sell them at high prices on the AH, or if there's any other way to get gold before Legion hit live.

How do you currently farm gold now?
    Do all cata 25man heroics. You can net around 5k even with the nerf they did. Also MOP raids reward abit more gold and so do wrath.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Cata 25 Heroic has been nerfed around ~30% in total when combining gold drop + loot vendor. Still worth it, as mentioned.

WOTLK has actually been buffed in terms of drops and vendor value, making it also a viable farm (after Cata25H), especially TotGC

MOP raids have also been buffed, although might not be worth it in terms of gold/hour. Highly dependant on your class, skill and gear. 10 man normal MOP raids might give more gold/hour than 25 man (faster).

10+ Year Old Account
    I just sold my Shadowmourne items, and got close to 100k off that. If you have a warr/DK/paladin past the infusions, I would recommend getting the legendary and selling the vanity items.

The glyph market is nothing like I thought it would be, and herb prices are slowly rising. I'd say spend some of that $105 you saved on sub fees on a token or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your best bet is to do cata and wolk raids on every toon you have, every week. You missed a large portion of the gold giving garrisons, so now you'll certainly have to work to get what you want. But cata and wolk will give you a decent amount each time
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    1: Kill the 4 "big" rares in Tanaan for the medallion.
    That hasn't really worked since, like, the first 2-4 weeks of Tanaan. Have you been subscribed? I doubt that OP wants to sit by a computer for 8 hours camping and realm-hopping and not getting any medallion drops anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flichenstein View Post
    Vanilla and BC crafted items go for lots of gold, if you have patterns that are more interesting than trainer recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    That hasn't really worked since, like, the first 2-4 weeks of Tanaan. Have you been subscribed? I doubt that OP wants to sit by a computer for 8 hours camping and realm-hopping and not getting any medallion drops anyway.
    Ummm don't know what game ur playing but it still works and doesn't take 8hours. Realm hop and you can get it done under 2hours (even more so if you do it early morning).

I was doing it for quite while, up to a couple weeks ago before I got tired of it. On my server those tokens are netting 4k a pop so just one a week equals what you make in cata 25man heroics.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realm hop doesn't work any more. I am not entirely sure how or why, but it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I get atleast 5 medallions a day on 4 chars, 10 minutes per char.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get atleast 5 medallions a day on 4 chars, 10 minutes per char.
    If people mail them to you.

Maybe they flagged you :3!

Mmmmm not really. Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Mmmmm not really. Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't mean it can't be done.
    OK, if you sit there in front of each spawn point with auto realm hopper running at a time of day when there are a shitload of groups in premade finder ... yes you can get .33 * 4 = 1-1/3 medallions per day per character.

It boggles my mind that people find this a satisfying way to play the game, but whatever.

OK, if you sit there in front of each spawn point with auto realm hopper running at a time of day when there are a shitload of groups in premade finder ... yes you can get .33 * 4 = 1-1/3 medallions per day per character.
    It boggles my mind that people find this a satisfying way to play the game, but whatever.
    Pretty sure Gold Farming never was fun to begin with.

You don't need to sit at each spawn point. That alone shows you are doing it wrong. You also don't need a shit load of pre-made groups.

Log on realm hop a few times and log off. If you are flying behind HFC you can make it to each spawn in the same amount of time. So lets say I realm hop to maelstorm and Doomroller is up when I get there. I fly to him kill him and fly back. It gives you equal range to all spawns and less risk missing any when you jump servers. Only reason you will miss a kill is if its pulled and under 50% HP when u get on the server.

If you get ONE just ONE token a week that is equal to soloing all of the cata heroics in there current state. To be clear price does depend server.

If your trying to do it without flying then you are doing it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh I enjoyed the 25man heroic cata farm until I did it for the 100th time. Can't wait for Mist and WOD tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Snip
    I'm just flying above HFC and let my addon scan the LFG group for every possible name of the rares in all WoW RL languages.
    Easy to reach all 4 from up there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sure enjoy playing the AH.

I sure enjoy playing the AH.
    Okay 10char

I'm just flying above HFC and let my addon scan the LFG group for every possible name of the rares in all WoW RL languages.
    Easy to reach all 4 from up there.
    Yep that's where I was talking about but right behind the tower part of it.

I just pull up the list of open group's on my addon and join them one at a time.