Assassination Talent Tree

Does anyone else have concerns with this talent tree? Or any spec?

MfD is a bad 100 talent, IMO. Ferals talent, which is better, is in the 90 tier.

Also, Venom Rush. Is it even usable? Is it worth a spot in that tier? I fee like I would switch specs for the fights in which that talent may be most useful.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantheman View Post

MfD is a bad 100 talent, IMO. Ferals talent, which is better, is in the 90 tier.

Also, Venom Rush. Is it even usable? Is it worth a spot in that tier? I fee like I would switch specs for the fights in which that talent may be most useful.
    MFD is a fantastic talent in the right situations, and it doesn't matter which level tier it is in so much as what it is paired against decision-wise. Elune's Guidance is not objectively better than MFT because you get 10 combo points from it every 45 seconds while MFT resets if your marked target dies early. With optimal use you could have much more than 10 combo points in those 45 seconds.

Venom Rush, last I knew, was the go-to talent of the 100 tier because even though it is only 3 more energy/tick it's an increase of 42% for Venomous wounds. MFD is situational in that row, and DFA is mostly crap because envenom is such a small part of Assassin's current damage distribution. In any cleave fight where you are placing Rupture on multiple targets, your energy gain is insane. Also, don't forget that when running Exsanguinate that extra 3 energy/tick is going to give you a huge rush of resources to burst even harder.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't raided significantly on my rogue, and I don't think I've tried Venom Rush.

MfD part, I was thinking in terms of a raid. It would be good if targets were dying quick, and I love it in pvp But anything with prolonged life, I just think it's a bit lacking.

Is your feeling that the talent tree is in good shape?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantheman View Post

From what I have tested so far, Venom Rush is performing very well. I have not really seen any instances where the other two talents are out-performing it. It's is definitely worth taking Venom Rush.

I'm a bit concerned about Strategem vs Anticipation - I know Stratagem is better but the overcapping of CPs really bugs me, if I am at 4 and Mut double crits well then I have lost a ton of finishers over the course of a 5-8 minute encounter. Or using Hemo as a really weak way to hopefully only generate 1cp when at 5cp.

Or am I missing some really obvious solution to this problem. All the other talents don't generate this much of a headache.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    I'm a bit concerned about Strategem vs Anticipation - I know Stratagem is better but the overcapping of CPs really bugs me, if I am at 4 and Mut double crits well then I have lost a ton of finishers over the course of a 5-8 minute encounter. Or using Hemo as a really weak way to hopefully only generate 1cp when at 5cp.

Or am I missing some really obvious solution to this problem. All the other talents don't generate this much of a headache.
    I'd love someone with more experience on Assassination to weigh in on this because I don't have concrete evidence, but I suspect that when using Envenom it's probably worth it to use at 5 out of 6 CP. With Rupture you probably always want to use at 6CP because it's such a huge part of the damage spread.

Last I saw the difference between using 5 OR 6 point finishers instead of exclusively 6 pt finishers was fairly negligible. I always mut at 4 and if I'm going into a Vanish > Rupture > Exsang combo I'll make that Rupture 6 points because hemo is cheap. Often if I hemo at 4 points because it needs refreshing I'll end up with a crit and 6 points anyway. No idea if this is correct, it's just what I've been doing.

venom rush is fantastic are you kidding me? it's extra 6 energy every 2 seconds, that's A LOT

and MfD is also great, ti's the best pvp talent and the best talent in pve for really short fights (like iron reaver etc)and 5 man dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    venom rush is fantastic are you kidding me? it's extra 6 energy every 2 seconds, that's A LOT

and MfD is also great, ti's the best pvp talent and the best talent in pve for really short fights (like iron reaver etc)and 5 man dungeons
    I feel like Venom Rush is still better on short fights. MfD pulls ahead when you can abuse the reset mechanic.

(Edit: Forgot mythic reaver has bombs that you can reset MfD on, RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

Does Venom Rush works with all poisons?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdabow View Post
    I feel like Venom Rush is still better on short fights. MfD pulls ahead when you can abuse the reset mechanic.

(Edit: Forgot mythic reaver has bombs that you can reset MfD on, RIP)
    mythic reaver lasts like 18 seconds nowadays, so you can do the garrote-hemo-vendetta-rupture-muti-MFD-vanish-rupture- exsang opener which is really good burst

yes it's also great when you can abuse the reset mechanic obviously, but on longer fights, especially if they're multitarget venom rush grants tons of energy if you keep rupture on all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Fkleppe View Post
    Does Venom Rush works with all poisons?
    yes