Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinstri View Post
    I'm looking forward to an expansion that's not centered around the actions of an Orc or a group of Orcs.

So very much this. To me WOD just felt like a continuation of Siege of Orgrimmar. No more spike filled Orc raids please.

I just don't really like how Gul'dan's been handled.
    He's a secondary/manipulator antagonist in warcraft that got killed stupidly off screen for no reason anyone can explain properly (in universe, its obvious Blizzard just weren't thinking franchising back then as the actual reason they killed him off). Blizzard for some reason (or just 'accidentally' over time) made him the 'face' of Warlocks and realising this decided to try and retroactively make him a badass in the lore.
    To further compliment this they've made AU Gul'dan into a super competent big deal antagonist that they want 'our' Gul'dan to be now and tried to insert him as seamlessly as possible.

I like AU Gul'dan as a character it's just all the background manipulation of Gul'dan on the whole to try and make him something he never was that irks me.

I look forward to guldan fusing with illidan's body to absorb his MU self and illidan's unique powers and knowledge to then usurp Sargeras himself as leader of the legion

Wasn't there some datamined Gul'dan model posted on here many months ago, suggesting he turns into a demon?

Gul'dan should have never survived WOD. End of discussion.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I really want him to be gone. Seriously. Blizzard doing like all of Cataclysm and MoP's Horde story to make Garrosh a super duper bad guy as if there was any doubt, then doing WoD just to get a Gul'dan back to Azeroth. They never went to such story lengths to explain something when it was Kael'thas they had turn evil for no reason whatsoever with a complete 180 of his character.

I want all traces of that convoluted storyline out of WoW, like, yesterday. They couldn't have used some other Legion-worshipping guy to do this junk? It absolutely had to be Gul'dan?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how everyone is still on the "omg another orc" train when Katrana Prestor and all of that Stormwind lore in vanilla, Illidan in TBC and Arthas in Wrath were all quite heavily Alliance focused. How soon we forget though.. Honestly i'm just tired of storylines being forced to try and make Jaina still relevant. Can't she just go insane already so we can kill her?

7+ Year Old Account
    I like Gul'dan as a villain.

However, from a gameplay/story perspective I am not a fan of this recent trend of the big bad guy escaping in the last raid tier and then dying very early on in the next expansion. Anti climactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VomitPrincess View Post
    Not that I look forward to kllling him, I just look forward to him not being part of the lore anymore.

All this AU bullcrap needs to be scrapped, WoD was just a giant excuse to bring Gul'dan back and was terribly terribly written.
    I never liked him the first time.

He was a power hungry fool.

Unfortunately he had to learn his lesson the hard way.

Even Xal'atath doesn't really know how far Sargeras fell to end them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It's bad enough that The Harbingers video with him is based on his AU timeline which even Blizzard seems to be unsure of at this point.
    Because it's the AU Gul'dan we're currently dealing with, maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I am not a fan of this recent trend of the big bad guy escaping in the last raid tier and then dying very early on in the next expansion. Anti climactic.
    Word of advice then, don't read The Dark Tower...

Like others have said, i liked how they took Guldan from the jaws of defeat to being the leader once again, and getting sent to azeroth by Acrhimonde. But, he's slowly becoming the new Garrosh, he needs to die, before he over extends his stay. Luckily it was confirmed by blizz that he won't survive the raid he's in.

AU Gul'Dan was one the most interesting character in Warlords. Rest of the Warlords were just loot pinata's except Durotan and Grom (although he was close to being one).

Yeah, I feel like they've been dangling the Gul'dan carrot in our face for a little too long. I'm sick of him. The expansion was called Warlords of Draenor and pretty much everyone besides Grom and Gul'dan was a throw away character that didn't matter.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more interested in assisting in Gul'dan being gone, than him actually being gone, if you catch my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yeah, I feel like they've been dangling the Gul'dan carrot in our face for a little too long. I'm sick of him. The expansion was called Warlords of Draenor and pretty much everyone besides Grom and Gul'dan was a throw away character that didn't matter.
    Honestly I would have liked to have ended him in the climax of the legendary ring instead of him escaping to Legion. I don't feel like he's actually necessary for Legion in the same way Garrosh was for WOD.