Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    Meh, the same bland kool-aid he dispensed for years.
    Revealing hypocrisy? Yup.

Oh shit "I see you with your blue lives matter when you fought against the 9/11 responders bill"

He really did take Republicans to town.

its probably better he retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Is it a problem, though? Because that exact strategy of slinging insults and not knowing what you're talking about seems to be working for the current Republican nominee.
    No more so than the current Democratic nominee. See what I did there?

Also don't throw that shit around like most people who might identify with the Republican party don't also think that Trump is a fucking asshat nitwit who should of never gotten into this business in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Title needs to be more literal.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Didn't Trump basically do as well in the primaries as all the other candidates combined?
    Yea, people try to claim Trump only won because there were so many other candidates yet he still won most of the primaries by a comfortable margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    No more so than the current Democratic nominee. See what I did there?
    Well, we can categorically say that Trump both insults more and knows less (well, either that or lies) more than Hillary Clinton merely by judging the truth of what they say.

Trump vs Hillary

Also don't throw that shit around like most people who might identify with the Republican party don't also think that Trump is a fucking asshat nitwit who should of never gotten into this business in the first place.
    And yet plenty of them, against their better judgement, are going to knowingly vote for an asshat nitwit because he's who their party told them they need to vote for.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I loved how john Stewart mentioned all the people at the convention with blue lives matter propaganda. I love how he mention how all these same people voted down support for the first responders at 911.

Didn't Trump basically do as well in the primaries as all the other candidates combined?
    No? If that were the case he would of had 50% of the votes, which he didn't (that would be doing as well). Also the real problem was that say, roughly 35% of the primary voters actually wanted him while 65% did not want him in the slightest. The problem was that the 65% were split over other candidates while the 35% were firmly behind Trump. It matters not because it means he wins, but it is worth noting that he wasn't exactly the overwhelming favorite. I'm sure if people would of gotten their heads out of their asses over half would have easily stood behind Cruz and Trump would be a distant memory. Say what you want about Cruz, in fact say what you want about any of them, or any "Republican" for that matter, I don't care, but they're all better than Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall, he never gleaned the "above 50%" lead. The other candidates were still more popular combined than him, up until the end, when the republicans resolved themselves to this farce of a candidate.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just shy of 14 minute video was funnier than the entire last year of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    He had 45% of the popular primary vote according to Wikipedia. While other people dropped out, it would be a weird thing if his votes represented the entirety of those people who thought he was even remotely acceptable. It is almost certain that some people who voted for other candidates also consider Trump acceptable, and if they didn't, I don't think we'd see people rallying behind him the way they are. These are not people begrudgingly supporting Trump (some of them certainly are). These are people who seem excited about his potential victory.
    Colbert did another piece about that, where many of the republicans he asked at the convention did not support Trump as their first candidate. I think one guy had him as his... seventh choice or something.

I'd wager many of them don't care about his policies or the fact that he's a raving lunatic. They just want a republican in the white house. Because in their minds that will just instantly make everything better.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    if trump wins, jon might get his own HBO show

vote drump!
    John's already getting his own HBO show.

Don't vote drumpf!

He had 45% of the popular primary vote according to Wikipedia. While other people dropped out, it would be a weird thing if his votes represented the entirety of those people who thought he was even remotely acceptable. It is almost certain that some people who voted for other candidates also consider Trump acceptable, and if they didn't, I don't think we'd see people rallying behind him the way they are. These are not people begrudgingly supporting Trump (some of them certainly are). These are people who seem excited about his potential victory.
    Seeing as how wikipedia is never wrong I guess I can't dispute your "facts" but when the primary was in the thick of it, he had around 30 to 35%. Maybe near the end he picked it up to 45%. I'd have to think that a lot of people are supporting him because he isn't Hillary though. I mean the NRA ad running right now even spells that out. I know of people who were Cruz supporters who know are Trump supporters primarily because any Republican is better than a Democrat. I don't want to argue this point though since there is no point. Nothing can be "proven". I would suggest though that saying people are "excited about his potential victory" as in people who were not originally Trump supporters is probably going a bit too far. It works this way on both sides. Any Democrat/Republican is better than the opposing party because the parties are so ideologically different at the voter level (not necessarily in a practical sense at the government level).

"Ohhh my gawd Fox News is terrible, and all it does is spew propaganda!"

It's equally as bad, if not slightly better than, CNN and NBC... Which none of them are as bad as Politico, TheBlaze, HuffPost, ect who might as well be run by the Onion.

"Ohhh my gawd shut up you racist, homophobic, sexist, cis gender piece of shit, white male, fucking idiot."

Nope. I remember when those two were more moderate, and centered. Then they realized the vast majority of their audience were fucking idiots who didn't work, and could stay up late at night watching them, so they slowly drifted leftwards. I know it's just a show for ratings, but still such sell outs.

So I find it funny when all the idiots here talk trash on Fox News, because they only listen to the others I just listed, and then I am called close minded, because I read/watch all but two of them, and many more... Liberals think this is actual ammo that will stump Trump? Hahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Fox news is pretty much the Republican party's mouthpiece. It's not that different from RT and the Kremlin.
    The other side, CNN, who does the same stuff, but on the other side. Anyone who talks bad about the other political party needs to check the one they champion, both of them are self-serving political corporations who really don't care about the people in America. They'll act like they are doing something so long as they keep getting votes.

Trump supporters wave the American flag. Trump opposers burn the American flag and wave the flag of ISIS.
    Last edited by jaykco; 2016-07-22 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Fix typo

Quote Originally Posted by Bbobert View Post
    The other side, CNN, who does the same stuff, but on the other side. Anyone who talks bad about the other political party needs to check the one they champion, both of them are self-serving political corporations who really don't care about the people in America. They'll act like they are doing something so long as they keep getting votes.
    What's weird is that most people who say "uh.. really, fox news?" tend to say the same about CNN, but magically support and love CNN in the minds of people that cite fox.

Is it a problem, though? Because that exact strategy of slinging insults and not knowing what you're talking about seems to be working for the current Republican nominee.
    It's working for the Democrats, too.

I'd wager many of them don't care about his policies or the fact that he's a raving lunatic. They just want a republican in the white house. Because in their minds that will just instantly make everything better.
    Unlike those totally rational democrat voters who weigh the pros and cons of every candidate and select the best one regardless of party affiliation.