PSA: Charge no longer target-locked for rage generation.

I'm sure this has been noticed by others, but I haven't seen it pointed out on any guides or other sites yet, so I thought I'd share.

In Warlords, you used to only gain rage the first time you charged a target, and you would have to charge a different target every time in order to maximize rage generation. This has changed in Legion, and you can now charge the same target multiple times, generating rage each time. Meaning leaping and charging back even on a single target fight whenever you can may lead to a DPS increase, though I'm not the one to do that sort of math.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    I'm sure this has been noticed by others, but I haven't seen it pointed out on any guides or other sites yet, so I thought I'd share.

In Warlords, you used to only gain rage the first time you charged a target, and you would have to charge a different target every time in order to maximize rage generation. This has changed in Legion, and you can now charge the same target multiple times, generating rage each time. Meaning leaping and charging back even on a single target fight whenever you can may lead to a DPS increase, though I'm not the one to do that sort of math.
    It's a significant increase for Arms, due to the gaps in it's rotation, but isn't really useful for Fury. It is a bonus for either spec though if there's any downtime in the rotation leaving you unable to attack.

Deleted
    Prot can do the same with Intercept and it's incredibly useful because Intercept has no minimum range (e: against friendly targets). As long as you don't need the mobility you can just focusintercept your co-tank for rage.
    Last edited by mmocd2ab285f58; 2016-07-22 at 11:20 PM.

It's going to be fun to do if you have Destiny Driver, and it should be something you do every so often once you unlock Wall of Steel.

That said, do be careful. Recklessly doing so could go very badly very quickly.