Can't unlock Lockboxes in trade window anymore?

What the hell?

Someone wanted a lockbox opened so sure why not, so he puts it at the bottom part and I use my pick lock skill... huh "You need to own this blah blah"? I did need him to trade me the lockbox to unlock and trade it back, anyone run into the same issue?

Was it cross realm?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I've had the same problem since the patch, even with guildies on the same realm.

Also why can't we just right-click boxes in our inventory to automatically pick the lock? Do we really have to manually select the skill, then select the box, in 2016?

Moilinari @ Curse can help with the personal unlocking.
    Alt-click to unlock lockboxes, disenchant, prospect etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they need to trade it to you. Then you unlock and then you trade back. It's probably a bug or a really weird change that only make sense in the mind of a developer.... Like shadow dance bar

10+ Year Old Account
    I came here to complain about this, but see there is already a thread. Someone asked me in town to open a box for them, said "sure!" and then... couldn't. How embarrassing.

Good to know I still can if they trade it to me, but that of course will only work on the same realm.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |