Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Best classes to solo cata 25 raids now?

So im just wondering what are the best classes to solo all old raids, i know they all can but the ones with ease, ive done it on my feral and it was very easy, rogue was actually a bit harder without recup but what else?

Also if anyone can answer another question, whats a good way to make 5k gold a day? Aside from garrisons/old raids

Thank you! Enjoy your night <3

10+ Year Old Account
    ALL are easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tried yet, still working out rotations.
    Did some wotlk stuff yesterday with Hunter and Blood DK and melted stuff. (More so than before, maybe just my imagination who knows)
    Obviously cata is a bit further along so will have a go at that more today.
    ]
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

They literally just nerfed the gold from Cata 25 down to single digit copper for things that were worth double digit gold a piece. You probably aren't going to make much as of now.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

All.

Done it on my Warlock and Paladin this week.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Pick a class. Any class. Cata is so far in the past that at 100 and soon 110, I can't imagine them being anything but a test of one's ability to stay awake. Also, did you know, that Google does produce a lot of data which you can use to make your own decision? Like, if you want to know how to get 5k gold ingame, why trust the feelcrafting of 100000 random idiots on this forums, myself included, rather go get information and find out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    ALL are easy.
    This. If you couldn't solo Cata raids easily on a class as of WoD, there won't be a "easier" one. The very fact that you claimed you essentially missed using recup as a rogue in Cata raids really makes me doubt the community even more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    They literally just nerfed the gold from Cata 25 down to single digit copper for things that were worth double digit gold a piece. You probably aren't going to make much as of now.
    Ummmm no they didn't.

There was a nerf but not on that scale.

Originally Firelands made me around 2.5k-3k now its 1.5k this week. That is a big nerf but not single digit copper level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    This. If you couldn't solo Cata raids easily on a class as of WoD, there won't be a "easier" one. The very fact that you claimed you essentially missed using recup as a rogue in Cata raids really makes me doubt the community even more.
    There is a handful of parts in the cata raids that can get you killed if you don't do them right.

Also the OP didn't tell us his ilvl and that does matter. Someone at ilvl 640 will have a hard (But not impossible) time with some of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well I wouldn't go THAT far. For someone who has never done those raids with a group, some of them are still problematic. You can't ignore ALL mechanics or you will get stomped. It is still easy to wipe, in fact I just wiped a number of times last week, in Heroic BWD. (can't remember the bosses name, but he swarmed me with monsters)

Quote Originally Posted by lemsipslol View Post
    Thank you! Enjoy your night <3
    Wanted to update you on some good news! Just killed Morchok and his drop was simply halved and the gear is still worth double-digit gold. It's not an entirely dead venture if you get the urge to take alts through there.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Nonsense, Cata raids were all very very easy to solo but being able to self heal on any class is part of what made the content so trivial.

Deleted
    Thank you for replies, i could solo all raids apart from a few bosses in wod, but now my rogue got wiped on a few more which didnt happen last time. I do it all in full pvp gear so i dont have op pve gear, but i didnt actually notice the gold till i looked, i was making 8k for the ones i did and now that went to 5k. I guess its still an okay method if you have alot of characters but what do you guys do for gold now if you dont do that?

Soloed everything on Cata 25H on Warrior, DK and Shammy so far.
    I pretty much solo all raids from TBC - Cata weekly for xmog gear / mounts on those three characters. With the exception of some gimmick fights everything is soloable easily.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul HC 25 still gives gold, just about 50-60% less or so. Doing it on a bunch of chars whenever subscribed because the mounts simply don't want to drop. A bit sad.

Question I have is this. whats the best AoE class for doing old content in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crimson vial > recuperate
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Aslong as you could attack with rogue in any legacy raid you simply cannot die with Leeching poison. The ammount of dmg you deal due to it being legacy and you have a % of that back as life. Couldn't die if you so wanted to.

Deleted
    Best solo class- the answer you are looking for is hunter. Gnome hunter. Just call me gunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Crimson vial > recuperate
    Leeching Poison > Crimson Vial in old content. Vastly so. Extremly so.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gold from cata raids may be nerfed but I'm glad they decided to buff the gold for MoP raids. Got like quadruple the amount from what each boss would drop before patch.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.