Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only real flaw that personal loot had prior to this change was the fact that you could potentially receive gear that you either already had or didn't need/want. But this issue has been alleviated by allowing players to freely trade whatever gear they've received amongst participating raid members. They can either choose to give an item away if they don't need it, or they can trade it with someone else for something that they do need. Essentially, everyone is their own 'master looter' as far as gear distribution goes. So in a way, the system hasn't even really changed. It's just shifted the power away from the raid leader and onto the individual player, solving the issue of ninja looting in the process.

There are also more groups now than ever, with everyone running for the chance at titanforged upgrades. So if the pre-patch is any indication of the future of pugging, then I doubt there will be any issues when it comes to group scarcity. The only groups that have disappeared from the group finder were the ones that were reserving all of the gear, which is a positive change as far as I'm concerned. I don't think the entitled special snowflakes are even half as important as they think they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Also, loot is tradable now, so if you get something you don't need, you can give it to someone else.

I've already given out a couple trinkets and weapons that I already have.
    not all loot is tradeble only if same or lower ilvl.
    Not sure if il pug in legion on alts , but if i do and i get something i certainly wont always be giving its away to anyone even if is upgrade for them.

Deleted
    I am glad about this because I hate the fact that people reserve items, everyone should have an equal shot at the loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    The only real flaw that personal loot had prior to this change was the fact that you could potentially receive gear that you either already had or didn't need/want. But this issue has been alleviated by allowing players to freely trade whatever gear they've received amongst participating raid members. They can either choose to give an item away if they don't need it, or they can trade it with someone else for something that they do need. Essentially, everyone is their own 'master looter' as far as gear distribution goes. So in a way, the system hasn't even really changed. It's just shifted the power away from the raid leader and onto the individual player, solving the issue of ninja looting in the process.

There are also more groups now than ever, with everyone running for the chance at titanforged upgrades. So if the pre-patch is any indication of the future of pugging, then I doubt there will be any issues when it comes to group scarcity. The only groups that have disappeared from the group finder were the ones that were reserving all of the gear, which is a positive change as far as I'm concerned. I don't think the entitled special snowflakes are even half as important as they think they are.
    you cant be sure, it could be there are on average 100pug groups up halfway in first tier or average of 5 or 1. and still pugs suck most of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I am glad about this because I hate the fact that people reserve items, everyone should have an equal shot at the loot.
    the people that cant do a thing adn dont improve shouldnt imo, most if time such people end up in group cause they have a food goodgreared/skilled friends and aplly as group.

Deleted
    i didnt even get past the 1st paragraph the OP posted.
    all i read was bitch, bitch, bitch & more bitch.
    you obviously werent around before they brought in LFG, ive been waiting for the this day for years.
    get yourself known for being good in your class & hey, you'll have no problem finding a group to do dungeons in.
    get yourself a reputation as being crap & a ninja & no one will want to know.
    simple.
    now stop ya moaning, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    You do not understand a little I think. We can live fine with that change (just stopping to bring pugs till 30 ppl for minor downscale of loot quantity is acceptable), but its you, pugs, who will suffer from disappearing fast run groups from LFG
    I dont pug so i dont know what you are talking about. but keep on thinking stuff that isnt true or have any relevance in the real world

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i didnt even get past the 1st paragraph the OP posted.
    all i read was bitch, bitch, bitch & more bitch.
    you obviously werent around before they brought in LFG, ive been waiting for the this day for years.
    get yourself known for being good in your class & hey, you'll have no problem finding a group to do dungeons in.
    get yourself a reputation as being crap & a ninja & no one will want to know,
    simple.
    now stop ya moaning, ffs.

AMEN, so glad we dont have to see the elitist snowflake with his 673 geared crap toon demand a carry and free loot all without paying anything for it.

Normally it would cost you 40k gold to get a run like that done so tell me why i should do it for free again?

ITT: Ninja looters crying because they can't "reserve" everything and get carried.

Cry more scrubs.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The problem was that 90%+ of groups were ML, which is bullshit. The ninja'ing that was going on was out of hand, and it has now been addressed. So yes, having ML as an option in Pugs was indeed "broken".
    I know it was broken as shit. remember the BRF runs where we took all the loot and even sharded shit before allowing a pug to get it. really it is to stop those runs that this is implemented and i am all for it

MS over OS meant My shit over other shit and other shit never gets gear. And we where very strict in not posting loot rules in any blizzard channel so master looter meant the loot nazi made the deals as he saw fit.

Trust me know how how fucked up master loot is in this case i have been running it with stuffing our folks with loot and only using the pugs as tokens to get it done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    ITT: Ninja looters crying because they can't "reserve" everything and get carried.

Cry more scrubs.

Exactly, so sick of hearing ninjas and wannabe ninjas make pathetic excuses for why we should allow it

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome the change. Removes all the drama and perpetual headaches. I never understand why whenever a change is made to the game, the disenfranchised always go to the deep ends of exaggeration. "Well good luck with the game! PuG groups are now dead forever! Just you wait! Without me, the game is going bankrupt in a week and I will be drinking my, 'I Told You So' beer."

Everything is going to be fine and just the same. People overestimate their value. Lastly, just because you personally haven't experienced many ninjas, does not mean the problem wasn't as prevalent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Ninjas change the loot to master before the pull and grab all for themself. That is why it is called Ninja looting. A quick Stealth attack to steal your stuff.
    Pretty much this.

However, there are better solutions - instead of removing ML - such as either:
    A) - the loot system could become locked after you kill the 1st boss.
    or B) - Whenever a change to loot system is attempted by the Leader, X% of non-afk raid members must approve.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-07-23 at 07:14 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Achievement Earned: Put words in the mouth of stranger and act as if it was their own.
    It wasn't. I made up equally retarded statements. Blizzard doing something or not is not evidence I suddenly have to believe you are being "screwed over time and time again"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Its not just me, its basicly everyone you talk to.
    Can't help that population basically consists mostly of lfr plebs and other random cretins. You can perform any mental gymnastics you want to declare your knee-slapper some form of constructive debate you won and certainly will garner support by your equally dense peers but that doesn't make it a great argument.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-23 at 07:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean no more "my ilvl is 20 below everyone, but I made the group so I get the loot!" groups? Good riddance. Everyone keeps saying that ninjas are rare, but after clearing via pugs with 6 alts, I beg to differ. More often than not either the RL would be too undergeared or would "forget" to reserve something.

"If you don't want a ML group, join a PL one!"

If you don't like PL, make a guild.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post

Because that's even remotely equivalent huehuehue

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part about all this, is that PL existed for a long time now - yet apparently very little groups used PL or something (I don't really know), but If ML was so hated, nobody would of ever joined a ML group and they would of never had to change anything in the first place - a random pleb could make a PL group and it would fill in 10 seconds.

So basically, entitlement is through the roof right now.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Because that's even remotely equivalent huehuehue
    It is a little, now that you can trade PL items.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    love this change,can join norm/hc pugs, get loot on my main and sell loot to other ppl in the raid :>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post

All.

The.

Time.

Good riddance ML.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    I comepletely agree with you here, there have been options for people who didn't like masterloot. So instead of leaving it, blizzard decided to "fix" something that wasn't broken, and by that they made the game worse for the playerbase who played for MANY year and love the idea of actually seeing the loot at the corpse. #Gamefantasy
    How was it not broken? I did Archimonde on my mage a few months ago, the raid leader had it on ML. He had him and like 2 other guildies with him, 3 vanq tokens drop and we go through all the other loot first, we get to the vanq tokens and what happens? Gives all of them to himself and his guildies and leaves the raid. We all actually went into TS for this as well and they banned us all after we killed the boss. This is why people don't like ML.

People are making this change out to be game breaking, it will only effect people who pug and HAVE to reserve loot for themselves because they think they are a special snowflake for making their own raid.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2016-07-23 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Bye masterloot, farewell ninja looters

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we tried PL few times and nobody ever got any needed gear from it. But I guess it is new Blizzard direction with this game - more weird random, more frustration on getting useless gear, poor item value.
    I most certainly will never lead pugs again, or even join them, unless they revert this change. I firmly believe that It's better and healthier to see loot and roll items together than just receive soulless random shit and call it a good system.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.