Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it might not be a popular decision but I think the middle east needs to be annexed by the western nations. Make sure to give them the most strict separation of church and state that is possible. Theocracy breeds ignorance and terrorism.

But that will only kill big organizations like ISIS. Individual scale Islamic terrorism will always exist, since it isn't really a war, its a personal thing. Someone will always feel lost in life and decide to take out a few infidels so they can have a better afterlife. That's the scary part. For some, they interpret their religion as killing gets an instant ticket to heaven.

1) adopt the moral premise that innocent people that are forced into servitude as human shields for the degenerate primitive savages that make up the fundamentalist Islamic terrorist inclination, and are killed as a result of operations against said degenerate primitive savages, were killed by the savages, not by the forces of the civilized world putting them down.
    2) cue up "The Rains of Castamere", al Raqqa edition.
    3) repeat until degenerate primitive savages are either dead or (as has been the only thing that's really "worked" in any meaningful sense since the 7th century) are too cowed and fearful to raise their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Nice appologetive SJW rethoric. There are such attacks because there has been infighting in islamist world since the dawn of islam. A physical fight against ISIS will help A LOT and a propaganda/ideology fight against islam worldwide will also help A LOT. Funny you mention Saudi Arabia the no.1 source of exporting terrorism into western nations via wahhabism.
    I have also said that we should stop Saudi Arabia from promoting Wahhabism in the paragraph above the quoted one. I want to support the powers in the ME and all over the world who oppose the islamists. I also want to fight ISIS physically and I want to help the non-islamists muslims so that they can fight the ideology of the islamists.
    The example of the attacks in Saudi Arabia may was the wrong one, I wanted to express that Islam is divided and we should help the side which has no interest in terror attacks. I do not support the Islam that is promoted by Saudi Arabia because it is a political Islam very similar to that of ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Well, it might not be a popular decision but I think the middle east needs to be annexed by the western nations. Make sure to give them the most strict separation of church and state that is possible. Theocracy breeds ignorance and terrorism.

But that will only kill big organizations like ISIS. Individual scale Islamic terrorism will always exist, since it isn't really a war, its a personal thing. Someone will always feel lost in life and decide to take out a few infidels so they can have a better afterlife. That's the scary part. For some, they interpret their religion as killing gets an instant ticket to heaven.
    We can't go into a country and force the people to change, though. They will resist. Resistance has always been a common factor when people invade territories.

Look at Ireland and the IRA who were branded "terrorists" for attacking British soldiers after Britain invaded.
    Look at Israel who rolled in with the tanks in the six-day war and conquered 80% of its territory. A war Israel started by attacking Egypt. Palestinians resist even to this day. Hamas are branded as "terrorists" for fighting back against a military force occupying their lands.

Those two examples are enough. If they don't want Western intervention in the ME, it is for nothing. Bush made the mistake of going into the wrong country and unleashed all of this on us. Now nobody can control it. The West are the "devils" of the world to the ME, coming over there with death and destruction. Now we're targeted and we can't force them to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    I have also said that we should stop Saudi Arabia from promoting Wahhabism in the paragraph above the quoted one. I want to support the powers in the ME and all over the world who oppose the islamists. I also want to fight ISIS physically and I want to help the non-islamists muslims so that they can fight the ideology of the islamists.
    The example of the attacks in Saudi Arabia may was the wrong one, I wanted to express that Islam is divided and we should help the side which has no interest in terror attacks. I do not support the Islam that is promoted by Saudi Arabia because it is a political Islam very similar to that of ISIS.
    I'm affraid there is a better midterm plan for the area but it involves waiting another 3-5 years till Turkey falls fully into islam. Then war with Turkey and afterwards carve it's kurdish part and take back the part of Syria from ISIS. Form a kurdish state there that would keep any islamist group at check. Like an avanpost.

And defeating Turky isn't hard, US/NATO can use the curent anti-Russia system to target Turkey since it has the rage.

ps: As a romanian I'm biased and I would be joyfull to see Turkey fail in every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So in other words, you think the civilized people are the ones at fault? Why is that? Why do you think the fault of a murder lies on the shoulders of someone other than the murderer?

Is this a racist thing? Do you think Muslim Arabs are incapable of controlling their murderous ways, or something? I don't understand why you think it's anyone's fault but the terrorists.
    The problem is that you classify their violence as terrorism and our violence as something else. That is what racism actually looks like.

Deleted
    But OP! If you do that then US military corporations will run out of buisness! We cant let that happen!

I'm affraid there is a better midterm plan for the area but it involves waiting another 3-5 years till Turkey falls fully into islam. Then war with Turkey and afterwards carve it's kurdish part and take back the part of Syria from ISIS. Form a kurdish state there that would keep any islamist group at check. Like an avanpost.

And defeating Turky isn't hard, US/NATO can use the curent anti-Russia system to target Turkey since it has the rage.

ps: As a romanian I'm biased and I would be joyfull to see Turkey fail in every way possible.
    Turkey is a key part of NATO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Turkey is a key part of NATO.
    Not for long. You can't negociate with an islamist country. They will be booted asp just needs a good political context. Like Erdogan pushing EU in the migrant crisis, they sanction Turkey, Erdogan get's bitchy and threatens to leave NATO, they boot Turkey out. Right now after the failed coup there is none to challenge Erdogan left in Turkey and he as a prime leader will go down with his ship.

Not for long. You can't negociate with an islamist country. They will be booted asp just needs a good political context. Like Erdogan pushing EU in the migrant crisis, they sanction Turkey, Erdogan get's bitchy and threatens to leave NATO, they boot Turkey out. Right now after the failed coup there is none to challenge Erdogan left in Turkey and he as a prime leader will go down with his ship.
    Erdogan is not going to leave NATO or risk leaving NATo.

Deleted
    Erdogan is not going to leave NATO or risk leaving NATo.
    Just watch the next 5 years. Any dictator has it's fall. Erdogan will have he's and after the failed coup I suspect he will take the country down with him. Aka war to remove him from power because there are none left to challenge him internaly.

The problem is that you classify their violence as terrorism and our violence as something else. That is what racism actually looks like.
    That's not racism, that's called taking sides. That's an "us vs them" situation. The reason it's "us vs them" could be for any of a multitude of reasons, one which could be racism but you've done nothing to prove that as the reason. More likely the case for "us vs them" is that we disagree on a way of life, a set of laws, and a method of governing. That is not "racism". Terrorism is a description of a somewhat subjective point of view. However, there is a technical definition that leads us to say that the middle east is performing terrorism, whereas our army and our wars over there are not terrorism. Terrorism is the targeted attacks of "soft targets", generally meaning you're attempting to kill the innocents to scare them. Where as war, as we try to fight it, is targetting "hard targets", or the armed forces of governments. Of course this doesn't mean that the general population doesn't become collateral damage, or that they won't be scared being in a warzone. Hopefully this does enough to help you understand terrorism.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-07-25 at 07:47 PM.

Just watch the next 5 years. Any dictator has it's fall. Erdogan will have he's and after the failed coup I suspect he will take the country down with him. Aka war to remove him from power because there are none left to challenge him internaly.
    You aren't giving enough credit to the nuance of that situation. Redo fan is not the Saudis. He is not Khomeini. This is a unique situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    That's not racism, that's called taking sides. That's an "us vs them" situation. The reason it's "us vs them" could be for any of a multitude of reasons, one which could be racism but you've done nothing to prove that as the reason. More likely the case for "us vs them" is that we disagree on a way of life, a set of laws, and a method of governing. That is not "racism". Terrorism is a description of a somewhat subjective point of view. However, there is a technical definition that leads us to say that the middle east is performing terrorism, whereas our army and our wars over there are not terrorism. Terrorism is the targeted attacks of "soft targets", generally meaning you're attempting to kill the innocents to scare them. Where as war, as we try to fight it, is targetting "hard targets", or the armed forces of governments. Of course this doesn't mean that the general population doesn't become collateral damage, or that they won't be scared being in a warzone. Hopefully this does enough to help you understand terrorism.
    Right, so when the US invaded Iraq and used a strategy titled "shock and awe" to hit targets where civilians could be effected, in order to scare them into submission, that wasn't terrorism because we did it.

When the US kills mostly civilians with drone bombings, it isn't terrorism because we do it.

All you've done is say that since we have money, and therefore militaries, the actions we engage in are different from our enemies who don't have money and militaries. It's stupidity parading as nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Well first, we need to remove our heads from the sand and stop with this hippy bullshit "fight them with love."

Second, allow our military full freedom to get the job done.

Third: Wait for results.

And folks, don't be naive. We pull out of the Middle East, they will continue to do the shit they do. They hate the West, because the West does not follow their religion and is not a part of their culture.
    +1!

its more about religion than anything else, if you dont believe in what they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    +1!

its more about religion than anything else, if you dont believe in what they do...
    Sure. If you blow up someone's children, they will obviously only get mad if you are a different religion than them. It makes perfect sense.

Deleted
    Sure. If you blow up someone's children, they will obviously only get mad if you are a different religion than them. It makes perfect sense.
    This. As if any one can be fucking stupid enough not to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    At least from the M.E?

My suggestions

1. STOP FUCKING ARMING RANDOM GROUPS IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND PUTTING THEM IN POWER
    2. STOP CREATING SAID GROUPS THAT EXIST IN 1, IF NONE ARE PRESENT
    3. STOP FUNDING THE GROUPS MENTIONED IN 1 AND 2
    4. STOP DESTABILIZING COUNTRIES WITH NO END GOAL OTHER THAN ASSISTING THE RANDOM GROUPS IN 1 AND 2
    5. STOP BOMBING COUNTRIES AT THE OFF CHANCE YOU WILL KILL PEOPLE IN THE GROUPS MENTIONED IN 1 OR 2
    Yep, this is a good start. Of course we'd have to abandon the "Strategy of Tension" that has been at the foundation of our foreign policy for basically forever. War and conflict being the most profitable ventures needs to be ended or all 5 of your points will never cease, war and sociopolitical conflict has been the biggest generator of profits, debt and governmental control for hundreds upon hundreds of years. Have to destroy that because there's no chance those types who practice it will give it up willingly.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post

Look at Ireland and the IRA who were branded "terrorists" for attacking British soldiers after Britain invaded.
    Yes because pubs, financial districts, shops, supermarkets, car bombs in residential areas are all military targets

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Clearly you are. Extremist Muslims are the ones who refuse to kill homosexuals or beat their wives.

Orthodox Muslims are the ones who are purging heretics and non believers.

Read a Quran. Learn what it is you are actually defending for a change.
    I'm defending and living by my own values, not theirs, not yours or anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    I'm defending and living by my own values, not theirs, not yours or anyone else's.
    Then your not really a Muslim and this doesn't have anything to do with you,

People just don't get faith in the west.