Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Islamic Terrorism in the USA is pretty statistically not dangerous if you're just looking at body count compared to other ways to die.
    I bet more people are killed by AC units falling on them, or getting trapped inside refrigerators.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Or, I will use common sense. But hey, continue believing what you want.

When is the next date of some great Climate Change related event so I can mark it on my Calendar and laugh as the date passes by with no unusual difference?
    lol the problem here is that you think it's going to just be some instantaneous calamity or something, akin to an asteroid hitting us. Talk about a fundamental lack of understanding.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

When is the next date of some great Climate Change related event so I can mark it on my Calendar and laugh as the date passes by with no unusual difference?
    All depends on who's modeling program you're using, since no of this shit is observable in the real world anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    lol the problem here is that you think it's going to just be some instantaneous calamity or something, akin to an asteroid hitting us. Talk about a fundamental lack of understanding.
    It's cool bro. Believe in the religion of Climate Change and shun the non-believers

If it makes your life more interesting, we all need hobbies.

I wish I could live in your world when you can just mindlessly ignore all the scientific evidence and just say common sense! Then go on blithely living your life.

It's cool bro. Believe in the religion of Climate Change and shun the non-believers

If it makes your life more interesting, we all need hobbies.
    lol...and now you're talking about "belief" like it's just something you really really feel.

Fuck off lol
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I close the window and turn on the AC. :|
    I mean..

It works exactly the same?

Like it's actually an AC system that's just run by a swamp cooler rather than a traditional AC unit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I wish I could live in your world when you can just mindlessly ignore all the scientific evidence and just say common sense! Then go on blithely living your life.
    You should try it. Hopefully in November the correct party will win and we will do the world a favor and eliminate groups like ISIS, so that people like you can continue making false predictions and telling like minded folks the sky is falling the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    An easier problem to solve than isis, just use a different refrigerant gas, problem solved.
    If Kerry or his friends wants to buy everybody a new air conditioning system then ok lets do it.

Otherwise changing the refrigerant requires changing coils at both the condenser and handler plus the in line set and the dryer then having micron-filtration done on the new loop then the addition of however many pounds of 401A the system needs.

This is expensive and at the end of the day you have a system with a very low seer rating compared to modern units that cost you several thousand dollars.

And if the seer rating is too low the AC tech, if licensed, may not even be legally allowed to do the conversion.

Overall the regulations are designed specifically to force people into upgrading, there are no market factors driving these costs its purely regulation, and that hurts low income families.

Not sure where you're from but over here in the US HVAC = lots of regulations = lots of $$$.
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2016-07-24 at 01:45 AM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

ITT: The American response to Climate Change is to turn up the AC...

You should try it. Hopefully in November the correct party will win and we will do the world a favor and eliminate groups like ISIS, so that people like you can continue making false predictions and telling like minded folks the sky is falling the sky is falling.
    I'm good, I know its easier to live in ignorance and harder to accept a difficult truth but the latter is a fundamental weakness of character in my opinion.

And if I had to ever give somebody a real example of a "Sucker", I would use people such as yourself.

I don't deny Climate Change exists, but I think it's beyond our control, or at worse, not as extreme as some people think.
    To be perfectly honest, this whole 'I believe in climate change, I just don't think we're affecting it' is really tiresome. What you really want to say is that you deny man's contribution to climate change, which is quite honestly not an improvement over simply denying that climate can change at all.

Because unlike politics, or history, or w/e, science does not operate on the idea that the truth lies in the middle. Halfway between right and wrong is still wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I'm good, I know its easier to live in ignorance and harder to accept a difficult truth but the latter is a fundamental weakness of character in my opinion.
    Keep flipping the card buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    To be perfectly honest, this whole 'I believe in climate change, I just don't think we're affecting it' is really tiresome. What you really want to say is that you deny man's contribution to climate change, which is quite honestly not an improvement over simply denying that climate can change at all.

Because unlike politics, or history, or w/e, science does not operate on the idea that the truth lies in the middle. Halfway between right and wrong is still wrong.
    See above.

Again, go tell the families of the victims of terrorism that people in charge think the weather is just as important as their losses.

They will -love it- .

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm pretty sure central air is a lot more effective.
    Probably!

but if you're in an area that's not super hot it works pretty well. I just found it funny that he brought it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I mean..

It works exactly the same?

Like it's actually an AC system that's just run by a swamp cooler rather than a traditional AC unit.
    Does that mean you find snakes and alligators in it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    You just cant make this shit up.

Aside from the absurdity that somehow the Islamic terror group is as much of a threat as air conditions comes the scary future of higher appliance purchase/repair costs.

One need only look to the cost of R-22 for air conditioners which will typically cost a home owner $100-$120 per pound + a service call for an AC tech to come out seeing as you need a licence to purchase R-22 in the first place.

R-22 is used in older AC systems, ie ones you find in low income homes and trailers so when these people need a recharge they pay an amazingly and intentionally inflated price that they may not even be able to afford.

The alternative is to replace their handler and condenser.

I say and because yet another set of crippling government regulations forbid licensed ac techs from mixing the seer rating between the two components outside of a certain threshold which regularly equates to a 1-2 year difference in manufacturing date.

So while a home owner may have a fully functional handler with a broken compressor, or vice versa, they will often be unable to just replace one of the two components and will be forced by government regulation to replace both.

The newer systems mostly use R-410A which is the substitute for R-22, but now even that is coming under attack from the hostile and unnecessary attacks.

Whats it mean for us?

Well just as Obamacare brought an uncertain future of health care expenses regulations like these create an uncertain future for the cost of home maintenance.

Closing thought: If the danger of air conditioning is really the same as a mass murderous Islamic terrorist group then I challenge the DNC to turn off its AC for the upcoming convention.

How much of a chance do you think there will be in that happening?

Do as I say, not as I do.
    He said it's equally important to deal with a huge environmental problem. That's it.
    ISIS is an immediate threat, a short-term threat. The environment going haywire is a grand threat, a long-term threat. Both are equally important to tackle and we can't afford to just be shortsighted and act in the moment but for the future.

Besides, white and black people kill more than ISIS does in the US so...technically he's right, ISIS isn't a big threat to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Does that mean you find snakes and alligators in it?
    no just hatred and disgust when it leaks and you have to fix it

Climate change is, at it's core, a statistical theory. You can't pin down a specific event any more than I can tell you the speed and position of any particle in a gas.

This is the crux of the issue. The fundamental misunderstanding. Climate is statistical. That's why everything is given in averages and trends. That's why nobody tells you when the next hurricane caused by climate change will hit. Because you're asking for something the theory never said it could do, and ignoring everything that it does say.

Let me explain again the statistical mechanics example I wrote a few pages back. If you increase the volume of a container of gas while maintaining the pressure, the temperature increases according to the ideal gas law. As the temperature of the box increases, the average speed of the molecules increases.

Can statistical mechanics tell you what the speed or position of a given particle will be at any given time? No. Can statistical mechanics tell you that the increase in speed for a given particle was definitely due to the increase in volume? No. Your reasoning would conclude that the increase in volume is not causing an increase in the average speed of the particles, because you directly link any of the speed increases to the volume increase.

With that in mind, even asking when the next climate change event will happen is a terrible question. Because it's not even a question that makes sense, any more than asking statistical mechanics to predict when particle 5328 in a box will have a speed of 10 m/s.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, go tell the families of the victims of terrorism that people in charge think the weather is just as important as their losses.

They will -love it- .
    This isn't even a response to the post you quoted. It's a response to something else that you simply repeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruh if you you take away my AC, I'll be more of a threat to you than ISIS.

It's been 95 + today with 100% humidity. The "feels like" temp is 110. Hell that's probably why ISIS is so mad. It's hot over there too, and they ain't got no AC. At least they don't have the humidity though. You walk outside for 10 sec here and you underwear gets wet.

Deleted
    Keep flipping the card buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.

They will -love it- .
    Sentimentallity and emotional outbursts have no place in the long-term political, economical and environmental policy-making. An appeal to emotion is also a fallacy. It doesn't make environmental decisions any less important or meaningful that you have an easier time getting upset about ISIS.

But I guess you could go tell the victims of Katrina that dealing with natural disasters and environmental issues isn't important and see how THEY react.